how much is too much??

SeaBreeze

I'd love to see someone do the math on how much the very cheapest family suite would cost at WDW for 65 days, along with the deluxe meal plan. This guy must have won the lottery or had a very rich relative die, or something! :hammer:

Well, I enjoy a good math challenge so I looked at the family suite at All-Star and using the cheapest price, and not taking into account taxes, the room was $11,960. I added on tickets for 60 days and it was $13,000. I was going to add in the DDP but then I got wrapped up in packages and stuff and it got out of control. At some point I was at $19,800 but I don't think I had the suite :confused:

No matter what it is, lucky is the family who can take a vacation for 65 days :wave:

Edit: This was all just done using base prices and not packaging. I'm sure the price comes down when you start using packages and deals and such

lighteningqueen

I was told the price does not come down if you stay longer when we stayed there. It is 184.00 night ours came to 207.00 per night. He stated that he was 32 and owned several restaurants etc. If he were a movie star he could afford it. Heck if he owned Exxon, AIG etc he could do anything he wanted with those good bonuses. So he has the money as he says to do this. Why question it. Dining plan is 39.00 per adult and he did say they had kids.I hope he has a great time. I would go that long but NEVER in June July August etc. It is too hot there and could no way enjoy one minute of that trip. Our family would be the one that every one talks about "there in there but they don't come out. Wonder who they are what they are doing" . Not even if they gave me free dining and the suite and tickets. Just not worth the misery that time of year.

tams

Original Poster
I'd love to see someone do the math on how much the very cheapest family suite would cost at WDW for 65 days, along with the deluxe meal plan. This guy must have won the lottery or had a very rich relative die, or something! :hammer:

no lottery or death :rolleyes:

but if its that important to know how much it cost it was about $32500

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are you sure. I am pretty sure that option was available to us when we went last Oct. We did not need or want the dinning plan. But I am almost certain we could have added it to our room. Maybe it is something that would need to be done through Disney.
Your AAA agent is mistaken. You can get the dining plan with the AP.

AshaNeOmah

Heck if he owned Exxon, AIG etc he could do anything he wanted with those good bonuses. So he has the money as he says to do this. Why question it.

Sure, but the CEO of Exxon or AIG couldn't just drop everything and leave the multi-billion dollar corporation for 65 continuous days during the summer months. I don't think anyone is questioning the financial capability of the OP to take the trip. It seems impractical to leave all your business obligations, especially if you own multiple restaurants, for over two months. I know from personal experience that no one can run a business for a salary as well as an owner who has invested his life into it.

Although I have displayed a fair bit of disbelief, I hope the OP has a great time if he is indeed going for 65 days. Even at a slow pace you'll see mostly everything in a month, so be sure to check out some other Central Florida attractions. Universal and Sea World are only two. I'm sure NASA will have a launch this summer. Nothing compares to seeing the shuttle being blasted into space. I'm sure you would enjoy it with your fascination with Star Wars. Your kids would probably enjoy a few hours at Gatorland, some of the best east coast beaches are only an hour or so away, Silver Springs is in Ocala, balloon/helicopters rides are tons of fun and Old Town is right in the middle of Kissimmee. If your family is religious, The Holy Land Experience can also be found in the area.

To the OP: What restaurants do you own? I try to do a fair bit of traveling since getting my B.S. and would love to have the chance to stop by and experience your restaurants.

sbkline

Although I have displayed a fair bit of disbelief, I hope the OP has a great time if he is indeed going for 65 days. Even at a slow pace you'll see mostly everything in a month, so be sure to check out some other Central Florida attractions. Universal and Sea World are only two. I'm sure NASA will have a launch this summer. Nothing compares to seeing the shuttle being blasted into space. I'm sure you would enjoy it with your fascination with Star Wars. Your kids would probably enjoy a few hours at Gatorland, some of the best east coast beaches are only an hour or so away, Silver Springs is in Ocala, balloon/helicopters rides are tons of fun and Old Town is right in the middle of Kissimmee. If your family is religious, The Holy Land Experience can also be found in the area.

That would be my advice as well. I just think 2 months at WDW would be overkill and it wouldn't take long to get sick of it. But two months in Florida in general, I can possibly see without getting sick of it. Maybe if you stay a couple months and just do various things and go to WDW here and there throughout the trip, but I still think that would be too long for me. I just think there is such thing as too much of a good thing, even WDW. I wish the OP the best and hope he has a great trip, but I can't say that I'm jealous because I just think this is a great way to get burned out on the place and not want to go back anytime soon, because such a long stay is a great way to wear out the magic.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That would be my advice as well. I just think 2 months at WDW would be overkill and it wouldn't take long to get sick of it. But two months in Florida in general, I can possibly see without getting sick of it. Maybe if you stay a couple months and just do various things and go to WDW here and there throughout the trip, but I still think that would be too long for me. I just think there is such thing as too much of a good thing, even WDW. I wish the OP the best and hope he has a great trip, but I just think this is a great way to get burned out on the place and not want to go back anytime soon, because such a long stay is a great way to wear out the magic.
I have been in Florida for 37 years now and I am not sick of it yet.:D

hack2112

Clarification: The CEO of AIG is currently making $00.01 a year, and was brought in by the Federal Government to fix the problem.

hereforthesun

As for living close to Disney World. I live 1-1/2 hours away. I moved from Illinois down to Florida. I really want to move closer to Disney yet. I want my daughter to go to UCF in Orlando so we can move to Orlando. I can get a AP and enjoy myself. I know we would even get a hotel. If you are a disneyholic you don't get tired of it. There are always new things to see.

The magic is still here for me.

marypoppins68

I have been in Florida for 37 years now and I am not sick of it yet.:D

Agreed. :sohappy: I've lived in Florida for 35 years and am not sick of it either. I can't imagine living anywhere else. I have my AP and visit WDW as often as I can. It never gets old or boring. There is always something new to see and on my 45 minute drive home I'm already planning my next visit.

wdwfan100

As for living close to Disney World. I live 1-1/2 hours away. I moved from Illinois down to Florida. I really want to move closer to Disney yet. I want my daughter to go to UCF in Orlando so we can move to Orlando. I can get a AP and enjoy myself. I know we would even get a hotel. If you are a disneyholic you don't get tired of it. There are always new things to see.

The magic is still here for me.

:sohappy::sohappy:

kymie

If we could afford it we would be there in a flash! We would love to move to FL just to be near Disney (but not got enough ticks in the right boxes for a green card). Everyone is different. For us it would be fantastic. Some people dont even see the attraction of visiting more than once. I may not understand their point of view but thats for them. I can think of plenty to do over 65 days! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom