how much is too much??

Lucky

65 days would be too long for me, because my money would run out & I couldn't buy a bus ticket to get home.

AshaNeOmah

Rezzing this thread in the hopes that the OP will check in on his trip. You've been in WDW for a few weeks now. How is it going? Are you getting tired of the parks yet? Any plans to move on to Universal, Sea World, ect?

You mentioned that you would post some pictures as your trip progressed. I'm excited to see them! Hopefully you'll get to check on your old thread.

disneygirl1

All I can say is wow!!! I wish I was able to afford to go to Disney for 65 days!!!!

Does anyone know was this guy from the states or abroad?

sarabi

Wow.

Ok #1 - totallly looking forward to the blog. Will you post on this site? I hope?

#2 - yes, get to KSC if possible and other sites in Florida. The space center is really neat. Seaworld is fun too. If you're up for it, please enjoy it.

#3 - I think the multiple resorts is a great idea.

#4 - I am totally jealous, of course.

$5 - You mentioned kids. They are going to be totally spoiled by the end of the trip, so I'm going to suggest a 1.5 week "cool-down" period in which you all force yourselves slowly back into the real world (ie: pick up the room as if you were at home, go out into actual Orlando and experience people who may not be cast members and may be rude, etc). I imagine it would be really hard returning home. I was a CP for 4 months and although I was on the other side of the magic, you still get used to the magic, the fun, the smiles and all that, and returning home was hard. I can only imagine for a guest it would be miserable, so please try to bring the kids back to reality slowly toward the end of your trip or else you'd be asking for lots of tantrums and misbehavior, I would think.

Honor

We spend a little over 8 weeks a year at WDW

We own DVC at Saratoga Springs. But we spread it out: about 15 days over Christmas-New Years then about a week each month for January, February, March, July, October, November. Breaks up the winter. But I don't know that I could be away from my real home ... even at my home away from home ... for 65 days.

foreverbelle

wow. i cant even fathom 65 days. that just blows my mind.....really. but i wish you the best of times...:wave:

when is the vacation again?

JiminyandTink

WOW!!! :hammer:

I would looooove to do that! I think the only thing better would be 66 days :animwink:

Have an awesome time and please post a thread when you return!!!

slappy magoo

Even if it were too much for me, now, (and I'm sure my Slappette's fair skin couldn't handle 65 days of Florida sun throughout the summer), I will have to say I'd give it a shot if I could. Especially now that I'm a dad. Because for all our talk about how we'd get bored with it after a while, I suspect, were I a kid, an entire summer at WDW would be a dream come true. So it'd be a neat thing to do for your kid, as well as yourself. Even if we decided after the fact it was too much, you could say that you did it :D

But I would probably go about it differently than the OP, though it would wind up being more problematic and probably more expensive. I'd use my DVC points, and rent points from others, and try to spend 7-10 days at each DVC resort. I'd get annual passes (and probably annual passes at Uni and SW as well), and eat more meals in our own kitchen. Since we'd have the option of going on the dining plan each time we moved, I'd get the plan every other time, and on those occasions we'd get a studio. When we weren't on a dining plan, we'd get a 1BR. Those would be weeks where we'd spend more time lounging poolside, relaxing, or offsite.

Pseybert

This may be the dumbest thread I have ever read, although I do find myself thinking that every time I click on a new one lately.

Yes, 65 days is entirely too long. Thanks for bragging, though!

slappy magoo

This may be the dumbest thread I have ever read, although I do find myself thinking that every time I click on a new one lately.

And yet you keep coming back. You must really hate yourself.
Hot tip, Oscar Wilde: Participation is not mandatory. Your input will not now, nor ever, be missed if you decide to sneak over to that Mensa message board that's clamoring for your savvy worldview. Don't let the cyberdoor hit you on the binary @ss on the way out.

miles1

And yet you keep coming back. You must really hate yourself.
Hot tip, Oscar Wilde: Participation is not mandatory. Your input will not now, nor ever, be missed if you decide to sneak over to that Mensa message board that's clamoring for your savvy worldview. Don't let the cyberdoor hit you on the binary @ss on the way out.

I officially nominate for funniest post of the week. :lol:

Mrs.Toad

Wow. If you get a rental car, drive over to Sanibel Island. It's beautiful and probably a nice relaxing beach day after days and days and days at the parks.

Dinner recommendation....The Bubble Room.

Rabflmom

we are leaving the day the day my son gets done with school we got all but 5 days worth of park tickets but we will more unlikely go to town do some other things as well i am hoping we can sleep in not worry about being in a hurry take things slow relax with this many days we could lie by the pool even stay in a day or 2 just have a relaxing time not running all the time anyways

Am I understanding what you said earlier? You bought ten day tickets 6 times instead of getting an annual pass? WHy?

Phonedave

I missed this the first time around

I have two weeks booked the end of August, broken up with a 4 day cruise in the middle, and I am thinking that may be pushing the limit.

As much as I enjoy WDW, and even though I go about 2 or 3 times a year, I think 65 days would kill it for me.

I also cannot imagine being comming back to work after that long a time. If I take a week off, it takes me almost a week to get caught back up.

If I had the 65 days to use, and the spare $35k to drop on a vacation, there are LOT of other things I would do.

African safari, Macchu Picchu (forgive my spelling), Grand Canyon, Nepal, Itlay, Vinyards of France (and food as well), Alaska. Forgive me for saying this, but there is just so much to do and see in this world, I would not spend 65 days and $35k sitting in a theme park - even if it is the most magical theme park on the face of the earth.

-dave

drp4video

Yes, as much as I love WDW, 65 days would be way too much for me too. I would include it perhaps in a 65 day vacation, but if I had that kind of time and the funds, I guess I would visit some of the real places that one gets a taste of while at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom