how much is too much??

sarah91182

I'm a 10 minute drive away and would spend every day over there if I could! The hardest part about that is trying to NOT play hooky! Weekends? Meh, who needs 'em. That's tourist town! Wednesday slump? *alarm... alarm... alarm* 'Soooooo... Magic Kingdom?' :D

BF and I are having a 'staycation' this year at the Contemporary starting a couple days before F&W. Still gonna cost us as much as a trip to Vegas or NY, but they don't offer the same type of magic!

If I won the lottery... :king:

lighteningqueen

What an opportunity Tams... We always stay at the suites in Music and love it. They are not tiny... I say go for it but I think one month would do us. But the good thing is that you can go over to universal, sea world, Daytona, Space Center, play mini golf etc. Lots of other things to do there as well. We stayed there 10 days last dec and still have not done it all in the past two times we have gone and the only times we have gone. But I am thinking you are going in the summer HOT HOT HOT. You will have lots of down time at the room and pool so it may not be a burn out. Whats the name of the restaurants and are you a chain? Maybe we have been to it.

Susan Savia

Wow!!! I guess if you can swing it, I say Great. I couldn't afford to be away from my job, home, pets, etc for that long. Heck after two weeks I am ready to go home. Thats got to cost a bunch. But theres so much to do with the parks, the beaches, shopping, shows, Busch Gardens, etc. etc. Have a great time!!

DisneyPrincess5

Wow... 65 days...that's a tad over 2 months!
For me, Disney is so great (among other things, of course) because it's an escape in the form of a vacation.
I think I'd start to feel differently if I lived there or went for a long period like 65 days.
I like my 8-9 days at a time!

Philo

65 days! Are you taking a laptop? You could start to write your own guidebook!

Whilst I'm sure I could entertain myself for 65 days, I think I would start missing my home comforts (drums, xbox, dvd collection after a while).

dsnyfreak

I was just wondering if you are a resident of another state other than Florida? and if so wouldn't it just be cheaper for you to rent an apartment down the street somewhere and buy annual passes? there are some hotels that offer monthly prices as well as weekly and nightly but its too bad disney doesnt offer this, that would be awesome. either way enjoy yourself and dont ger burned out. I hope you see la nouba while your there i love that show.

Wow. 65 Days would be fabulous. Like everyone said though, that's a long time. We go to WDW once a year and have for the past decade and sometimes are able to squeeze in an extra trip and still haven't done everything. Do a lot of research before leaving (if at all possible) and find the lesser known things to do. Resort hop and do find out what all the other places have to offer--watch the Electrical Water Pageant one night from the resorts on Bay Lake, play miniature golf, definitely do the new Kim Possible game at Epcot, send your kids to one of the adventure cruises offered at various resorts, go to the AKL and view the animals in the savannah, go to the Wilderness Campgrounds and do a trail ride or visit the horse stables. There really is lots to do that won't cost extra to keep everyone occupied and having fun.

Erika

Way too long for me, but I think it sounds cool!

CMs excluded, how many people can say they spent almost their entire summer at WDW? Have fun!!
mickey.gif

DisneyMom4

I'm getting an 18 day trip this fall and it doesn't seem like enough time. So, I'll be going back a few more times with my AP over the next year. Grand total, I anticipate 52 days on my AP this year.

If you can do it....why not? We only live once. I guarantee you that when your child(ren) look back they will remember their time at Disney with awe and wonder.

tams

Original Poster
My advice (crap i used that word 2x :() is Contempory, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness lodge, all star music, pop century, the caribean beach resort pirate room, coranado springs, fort wilderness resort and campground (they have cabins), one of the hotels on the boardwalk. That way you can get a real feel for disney and go home with a TON of different experiences AND knowing which hotels you want to see more of in the future (and which ones you wernt happy with, without being stuck with them for 65 DAYS). You might wanna call back and haggle with them a bit, bad economy, 65 days in the world.......yep they're gonna treat you right :)

Thanks for the tip we just got off the phone with AAA and we changed our reservation to Pop centuray ,caribean beach pirate room,all star music family suite and for my son 7th birthday Animal Kingdom lodge.

wdwfan100

I was just wondering if you are a resident of another state other than Florida? and if so wouldn't it just be cheaper for you to rent an apartment down the street somewhere and buy annual passes? there are some hotels that offer monthly prices as well as weekly and nightly but its too bad disney doesnt offer this, that would be awesome. either way enjoy yourself and dont ger burned out. I hope you see la nouba while your there i love that show.

It may be cheaper, but so would it be for anyone staying outside the park as opposed to inside. Regardless of the length of stay. The main point obviously is not around the cost. I love the Poly, YC, BC and WL. Could we save money by staying at the Holiday Inn, renting a condo or a vacation home? Sure, but the point is that we want to stay in the magic. The cost to us is secondary to the experience. It must be the same for the OP.

wdwfan100

65 days! Are you taking a laptop? You could start to write your own guidebook!

Whilst I'm sure I could entertain myself for 65 days, I think I would start missing my home comforts (drums, xbox, dvd collection after a while).

Yeah those are the types of things that make it tough to leave home. Though these days you can pretty much keep your DVD and music library right on your laptop. I have brought video game systems for my kids in the past so that is easy to figure out. The drums though.....I guess as long as I was not in the room next door. :ROFLOL:

drp4video

The longest I have stayed is 2 weeks. We got AP's and we were able to take it slow, and relax at the pool too when we wanted to.

Another time, we went for about 5 days on our way to Punta Cana, which was a great idea. Have you thought about any side trips to the Caribbean as it is really cheap to fly down there from Florida. (especially if you drive to Ft Lauderdale and fly on Spirit)

wdwfan100

just got a call back from AAA you can't get AP with the dining plan

Are you sure. I am pretty sure that option was available to us when we went last Oct. We did not need or want the dinning plan. But I am almost certain we could have added it to our room. Maybe it is something that would need to be done through Disney.

pilka214

wow 65 days..........on property... i could see gettin a vacation home in teh area... doing all of orlando and the central FL area.... but 65 days of disney....

you sir might want to contact Guinness world records you may be able to break the longest disney vacation ever!!!

also if you don't mind me asking how much does 65 days all inclusive at disney cost? just curious. :)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Okay..

Well I would definitely stay down there that long if I could, but if I had the kind of dough to do this I think I would spend half the time Uhm..32 1/2 days and do it at the Poly, WL or AKL.

Also..how in the heck did you come up with 65 days? Why not 60 or 75 or 80? Why 65? Kind of arbitrary no?? :confused:

Either way I'm totally jealous -- Have a good time ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom