how much is too much??

goodtimes5286

Thanks for the tip we just got off the phone with AAA and we changed our reservation to Pop centuray ,caribean beach pirate room,all star music family suite and for my son 7th birthday Animal Kingdom lodge.
Welcome

But remember, its MANDITORY that you do a trip report when you come back (or during the trip if you have a comp and internet and just update it every so often). Not many people will have the oppertunity to do what your doing so def spill how it was
just got a call back from AAA you can't get AP with the dining plan
Can't you do a seperate dining plan?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/tickets/packageDetail?id=DisneyDiningPlan2009Page

It says you can add the dining plan for up to 21 days on your hotel reservation (but since you have multiple reservations you can have it for the whole trip) OR hotel/ticket package. Imo see what it would be with hotel n dining + the AP price and compare it to your current price. Maybe the lady didnt know what you ment and she thought you were asking if you could have an AP, hotel, and dining PACKAGE; but you want to get an AP seperate and have a hotel and dining package.

tams

Original Poster
Welcome

But remember, its MANDITORY that you do a trip report when you come back (or during the trip if you have a comp and internet and just update it every so often). Not many people will have the oppertunity to do what your doing so def spill how it was

Can't you do a seperate dining plan?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/tickets/packageDetail?id=DisneyDiningPlan2009Page

It says you can add the dining plan for up to 21 days on your hotel reservation (but since you have multiple reservations you can have it for the whole trip) OR hotel/ticket package. Imo see what it would be with hotel n dining + the AP price and compare it to your current price. Maybe the lady didnt know what you ment and she thought you were asking if you could have an AP, hotel, and dining PACKAGE; but you want to get an AP seperate and have a hotel and dining package.

thanks again I just got off the phone with Disney it can be done and it will save me $1800:)
and we will try to do a daily blog for our trip

sbkline

I haven't read through all 6 pages, but of what I have read so far, I'm obviously in the minority. Because I believe that there is such a thing as too much, even if it's WDW. And I would have no desire whatsoever to be down there that long. I think 10 days would be about the max. Maybe two weeks. But no longer than that. On our first two offsite trips, we checked into the Super 8 motel on a Monday and checked out on Wednesday one trip and Thursday on the other. Each time, we felt like we had sufficiently done the place and were both ready to head home. I definitely believe I would start getting sick of it not too much longer after that.

There's the old saying, "it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there". And 65 days, IMO, qualifies as "living there", and that's just too long. For us, that is. If you have the money and the vacation time to do it for that long, that's your business, but that would be way too long for us.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
just got a call back from AAA you can't get AP with the dining plan

Yes you can:

Room and Dining Packages for Passholders

Disney dining plans include meals and snacks at select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort.

Add the Disney Wine & Dine plan to a room and dining package that includes Table-service dining and save up to 20% on wine*. This Plan includes one wine entitlement per night, per room. Redeem one or two entitlements (as indicated on the select location's designated wine list) for one bottle of wine. All wines on private in-room dining menus require two entitlements.

daliseurat

Wow. Nice that you can afford it. I would definitely say, get off the property and check out some more of Orlando's attractions and restaurants. There really is a lot to do. I could do 65 days. I'd really take it slow and enjoy every second. I'd love to be able to really savor each and everything I encounter. I hope your entire family can do the 65. Mine definitely could not!

Dwarful

I agree with sbkline. Personally, for me, it would be too much time. We went for 15 days, did the four parks, waterparks and DTD including DQuest. By the last day we were all ready to go. There were things we wanted to do, but didn't get done. But that is part of the charm. There is something that always leaves you coming back for more. If I had that much $$$ and vacation time I'd be in Jersey Channel Islands, Scotland and England. But if this is how you want to spend 2 months of your life then by all means enjoy. Maybe we will even run into you while we are there. Have fun and enjoy.

dixiegirl

CRAP!!!!:eek: Hay you know what good for you!!! If you can do it and thats your happy place( as many of us say here ) do it!!!

In spite of the mixed responses..Regardless where it is to go on vacation... for 65 days....Yes we are very JEALOUS!!!!!LOL...And to be in Disney....

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Have a great trip! And yes you have to give a report and many pics(god My hubby would pass out , I usually take about 400 in a week at disney Could'nt imagine 65 days....:lol:)

DisneyPrincess5

CRAP!!!!:eek: Hay you know what good for you!!! If you can do it and thats your happy place( as many of us say here ) do it!!!

In spite of the mixed responses..Regardless where it is to go on vacation... for 65 days....Yes we are very JEALOUS!!!!!LOL...And to be in Disney....

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Have a great trip! And yes you have to give a report and many pics(god My hubby would pass out , I usually take about 400 in a week at disney Could'nt imagine 65 days....:lol:)

:lol: Us too!
I can't imagine 65 days worth of photos!!

PhotoDave219

In less than a month we are going to the world for 65 days with the kids is this too long we are getting cold feet the longest time we stayed was a month. Any advice ??

Well i once went for 150 days in 365 on my AP. Of course i did not have kids with me.

Atomicmickey

This thread got me to wondering if the current "buy 4, get 3 free"
could be used for MONTHS, rather than days.

I mean, if you're going for two months, why not four?

And if you can get seven for the price of four, then why not seven?

Sounds like a done deal to me!:lol:

Jeff456

Wow 65 days, not sure if I could stay that long personally as I have only ever done 2 weeks and 10 days but I would love to try 3 weeks at some point. Hope you have a great time! :)

goodtimes5286

I haven't read through all 6 pages, but of what I have read so far, I'm obviously in the minority. Because I believe that there is such a thing as too much, even if it's WDW. And I would have no desire whatsoever to be down there that long. I think 10 days would be about the max. Maybe two weeks. But no longer than that. On our first two offsite trips, we checked into the Super 8 motel on a Monday and checked out on Wednesday one trip and Thursday on the other. Each time, we felt like we had sufficiently done the place and were both ready to head home. I definitely believe I would start getting sick of it not too much longer after that.

There's the old saying, "it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there". And 65 days, IMO, qualifies as "living there", and that's just too long. For us, that is. If you have the money and the vacation time to do it for that long, that's your business, but that would be way too long for us.
na most people agree with you, but people are like snowflakes. As one poster earler said, they would slow down and saver everything.
I agree with sbkline. Personally, for me, it would be too much time. We went for 15 days, did the four parks, waterparks and DTD including DQuest. By the last day we were all ready to go. There were things we wanted to do, but didn't get done. But that is part of the charm. There is something that always leaves you coming back for more. If I had that much $$$ and vacation time I'd be in Jersey Channel Islands, Scotland and England. But if this is how you want to spend 2 months of your life then by all means enjoy. Maybe we will even run into you while we are there. Have fun and enjoy.
But what else is there to do? I mean you gotta live somewhere, why not live in a world most people only dream of where eveything is at your fingertips? Atleast thats how i look at it. Disney has much more entertainment and food options then my hometown does.

sbkline

But what else is there to do? I mean you gotta live somewhere, why not live in a world most people only dream of where eveything is at your fingertips? Atleast thats how i look at it. Disney has much more entertainment and food options then my hometown does.

But if you live there, then it becomes commonplace and loses the magic. At least I know it would for me. Think of it this way; when you were a kid, you really think you're life will be complete when you get *this* toy. Everybody who's anybody has it, and if your mom gets it for you, you'll never ask her for anything again. She gets it for you and a week or two later, it's already forgotten in your toybox. Your friend comes over to your house and thinks your toys are the coolest toys ever and you don't see why he likes your boring old toys. You go to his house and you think his toys are the coolest things ever, but he doesn't see what's so cool about them. Why is this? Because that toy is special when you don't have it, or when you only get to play with it every so often. When you get one of your own and take it home and you see it everyday, the coolness of it wears off really quick and it doesn't take long at all for it to get buried in the junk, never to be touched again.

The place where you live may be the most boring place in the world to you, but someone coming up to visit from Florida may think you live in a pretty neat place. They think it's cool to actually have seasons and snow and such, whereas they're sick and tired of the sights of Florida and the constant warm weather. Part of our nature as humans is that, as adults and as children, we get used to our things and our surroundings and take them for granted and we don't see what's so neat about those things, whereas someone else coming up to visit may think it's the neatest thing in the world.

I recognize that about myself and know that's exactly what would happen if I moved anywhere close to WDW. It may be cool the first week or two, but there is a big difference between looking forward to that Florida trip all year, taking a week or two off work and going down there and having a blast vs living down there, going to work everyday, coming home everyday and having all those cool things of Florida become part of your daily humdrum routine. I look forward to my Florida trips because they are special. It's not something I do everyday. When we do go, we stay a week or so, have fun, then come back home and look forward to the next trip. I'm kinda bummed that we have to skip this year (due to the upcoming birth of our second child), but I'm looking forward to hopefully going next year. But staying there for 3 months is kind of like being excited about your inlaws coming to stay a week at your house, and then having them stay for 3 months...it kind of wears out the welcome. You look forward to the departure from the normal routine by having company for a week, planning the activities to do with them, the fellowship, etc, but after a certain amount of time, the excitement is over and it's time for them to go home.

So for all of you who think you'd really love to move down there, or to stay three months...be careful what you wish for. There's little doubt in my mind that after a while, that Disney Magic and Pixie Dust will wear off. You may discover that, while you got excited about getting to load up the car and do that annual road trip to WDW (and all the planning and preparation that this takes), it's not so much fun when you're talking about just making a half hour drive every weekend. I guess I can't speak for everyone, but for me, part of the magic of Disney is that it's a break from everyday life. My everyday life of living up here in Illinois, working at my job, seeing the same sights everyday, doing the same things, etc. I look forward to taking a couple weeks off, making that road trip to Florida and just having fun, then going back home to my boring house, mowing my yard, going back to work, etc. But when Florida in general or WDW in particular BECOMES your daily routine, as opposed to that much needed break from it, then you lose the magic. Then, IMO, you would have to find something else to do for a weeklong or two week long vacation. Why take a week or two off work to hang out at Disney when you do that everyday because you live there? At that point, you may be looking forward to that trip up to Illinois to see the flat farmland because you're so sick of your daily humdrum life in Florida. ;)

sbkline

I'd love to see someone do the math on how much the very cheapest family suite would cost at WDW for 65 days, along with the deluxe meal plan. This guy must have won the lottery or had a very rich relative die, or something! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom