The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I never think I have an accent until I talk to one of my friends who isn't from the Boston area. šŸ˜‚

Most any Texas accent (which wouldaā€™ been more what I refer to as Old World Hick, like many of my small town Texas relatives ;)) I mightaā€™ had was wiped out by 8 years of livinā€™ in No Cal from ā€˜68-ā€˜76.
I may have gotten some of it back from livinā€™ back in Texas for the last 44+ years, as some have pointed out, but, it ainā€™t much...!!! ;):)

donaldtoo

Got a chuckle out of that, but it was more due to actors trying to copy the accent. They got some of it right, but over-emphasized certain words that we never do here. And, one guy attempted to say car (pronouncing the "r" at the end). In that case, he was flat out wrong -- everyone who lives here knows it's "cah". :hilarious:

We lived 2 houses down from a family originally from Boston in our last neighborhood in San Jose, and they pahked theh cah in da yahd...!!!!! :hilarious:;)

donaldtoo

None šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m kind of a minimalist so I donā€™t even really have outfit parts that can only be worn in one outfit. Iā€™m a bad example though. I do know a lot of fem with a lot of shoes, but i know a lot of guys with a lot of shoes too šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ People in general have way too much stuff
I have exactly 3 pairs of shoes...flip flops, decent work shoes, and a pair of sneakers. I used to also always have a pair of cowboy boots, but, havenā€™t had any in quite a few years. Need to fix that, as Iā€™m a Texan, and I loved them...!!!!! :inlove::hilarious:

donaldtoo

We went with cloth. After the initial cost it was only a couple of extra loads a week and no big boxes to cart home

My folks did cloth with myself and my 2 younger broā€™s, and started off doinā€™ those with my 12+-year-younger lilā€™ sis, but then switched to disposable with her.
Oldest DD and SonIL are a bit hippy, but, decided to go with disposables as well...somethinā€™ about them beinā€™ more biodegradable than they used to be IIRC... šŸ¤”šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

donaldtoo

or what we call the 2nd turkey;) Turkey chili(dark meat works best), turkey salad(turkey instead of chicken, my boys say it needs extra bacon:cautious::eek::banghead:), you can grind the turkey and make sausage(just use any sausage recipe you like but add extra pork fat;) the boys like breakfast sausage w/bacon:cautious::banghead:, Italian sausage simmered in gravy over pasta), turkey and dumplings, turkey soup, turkey Foo Young, turkey casserole(tuna casserole just sub in turkey)casserole, any recipe that calls for a pre cooked chicken will work

donaldtoo

Yah, but even no beer or wine sales at all in supermarkets (in my area). I think it's to keep the package stores in business, by limiting ALL alcohol sales to them only. Actually, I could care less as I rarely drink anyway, and when I did have one glass of wine or whatever, it would have been in a full-service restaurant (before Covid rules).

Beer and wine available in all grocery/convenience stores here in our area...from 7a-12a Mon. through Fri., ā€˜til 1a Sun. morninā€™, Sun. noon to midnight. Liquor stores are open from 7a-9p Mon.- Fri., but are closed on Sun.
As yā€™all know, Iā€™m pretty much a beer guy, and canā€™t even remember the last time I was even in a liquor store...!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom