The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
This is a fun, light-hearted thread for just chit chatting. This is the place for updates on the ups and downs of life, news of the weird, favorite TV shows, good movies, etc. But we should all at least act like friends. ;) Clean slate and all that.

I'll start by saying I just saw Gone Girl. Whoa! Didn't see that coming. But I won't tell you what - no spoilers please.

StarWarsGirl

Speaking of movies, I just got my Blu-ray of Sleeping Beauty in the mail yesterday, I think hubby and I are going to watch it tonight. I haven't watched it in years (talking double digits here)!
Yesterday my younger brother told me he hadn't seen Snow White. Or The Little Mermaid. I changed that. He said he liked The Little Mermaid better. Which I agree with. I don't know whether he's seen Sleeping Beauty. Possibly not.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Have not seen that movie. I've heard it's very well made. I was thinking about reading the book once this semester is over. I also promised my younger brother that I would take him to see Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. It was a favorite book of both of us growing up.:)

Alexander ... is hands down my favourite children's book.

Pretty sure the movie is going to be awful.
Doesn't mean I don't have a date with my niece to see it this coming week.

"Some days are like that. Even in Australia."

StarWarsGirl

Alexander ... is hands down my favourite children's book.

Pretty sure the movie is going to be awful.
Doesn't mean I don't have a date with my niece to see it this coming week.

"Some days are like that. Even in Australia."
It was required reading in second grade for me.

My second grade teacher was awesome.

I was debating whether to see it, but Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 64% rating (based on critics reviews). If it had given it below a 50%, I wouldn't go see it. But 64% for a movie that was originally a book indicates that I may enjoy it as long as I don't try to compare it to the book.

FutureCEO

I was like why did the Bob Saget thread got locked and then I saw this thread. But in reply to @StarWarsGirl95

Most of my music, TV shows and news is foreign. Yes, I get British news about America. BBC America and I are best friends. When I get my own place....I don't see the need for cable, the only channels I watch are ABC, BBC and USA. Though having no sports or live entertainment would stink.

Out of the music I like, about half is British. I have shirts, Liverpool stuff, British things for the house. I say British words. I like their sense of humour. My parents wonder where they got me. Favorite actors/actresses are British but you get the idea. ;)

Last edited:

FutureCEO

This is a fun, light-hearted thread for just chit chatting. This is the place for updates on the ups and downs of life, news of the weird, favorite TV shows, good movies, etc. But we should all at least act like friends. ;) Clean slate and all that.

I'll start by saying I just saw Gone Girl. Whoa! Didn't see that coming. But I won't tell you what - no spoilers please.

which is why I don't venture that much in the normal forums...too many people can't agree to disagree

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm in.

Been out all afternoon shopping for baby shower gifts from my DD and me for my DH niece having her first baby.
Observation of the day. $300.00 for a diaper bag that is on her registry is a whole heck of a lot of money! :jawdrop: We passed on that.
$300 for a diaper bag is crazy!

Says the girl who is finally going to get her $300 Disney Dooney & Bourke handbag.
Assuming of course I can make it fit my new gigantor iPhone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom