The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member

StarWarsGirl

People where I live in very south and central PA have southern type accents. I never understood why.
Oh lordy. Some of the phrases come out of my PA relatives' mouths...

My favorite is "Bein' as". "Bein' as you already bought that..." Uh... Or "Don't you just hate them things?" I what?

And the thing is that a few hours south in Maryland, we do not talk like we're from the south. Except for the occasional "y'all".

StarWarsGirl

I am in Georgia where we are having two election run offs. Constant political ads. Will be so glad when those are over. One party is running on fear and lies, which I guess is all they got.
Driving up through PA to go to Hershey, there were political billboards EVERYWHERE. It was so much worse than in Maryland. You crossed the border....BAM. Political ads.

I told my mom after the election, "Oh good. No more political billboards."

They all had changed to Christmas ads. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Driving up through PA to go to Hershey, there were political billboards EVERYWHERE. It was so much worse than in Maryland. You crossed the border....BAM. Political ads.

We are still dealing with election protesters jumping into 6 lane road intersections with political signage. 8 police cars, 16 officers per intersection and Illinois numbers have never been questioned. Oy.

0CCBA3EA-7993-44F4-8D14-A6E62B882E8B.jpeg

Gabe1

My DD birthday was as anticlimactic but not as much as the rest of ours. Her firm is the sponsor for multiple
Zoos and arboretums. On her Birthday there was a pre
Opening sponsor night. Normally a walk through every year. We are members but the preview was awesome cause she got a special safe Outing on her Birthday as this year it was a drive through. I hope they change this permanently. The years we have gone it
Is cold and blustery. So much better and more people per hour. Win Win for Arboretum.

B5C86103-26C0-45CC-96C6-26138D2D16F7.jpegE30B0E25-84DC-4787-8FC2-72ED17514C54.jpeg2B05A91E-D17C-4052-B73D-B3F59F0DC5E5.jpeg11F94656-9730-4023-BCB5-7010E78DF330.jpeg21E4CD2A-225D-4248-90B3-4B0CC1A9FA0F.jpeg
My photographer skills lack especially from a moving SUV. It Was brilliant

Gabe1

@figmentfan423 I finally tried out the new pellet grill today. Go ahead and tell your husband he does not want one after all. It makes the whole process way too easy, food too tasty, tender and moist. Where is the fun in that?

View attachment 514932View attachment 514933
@figmentfan423 I finally tried out the new pellet grill today. Go ahead and tell your husband he does not want one after all. It makes the whole process way too easy, food too tasty, tender and moist. Where is the fun in that?

View attachment 514932View attachment 514933
Oh yum!

our new toy ordered in July and back ordered arrived this week. 600 degree pizza oven. First try and 4 for 4 great. One minute per hand crafted raw pizza’s.A01E5665-F1ED-4E36-AC2D-A28BDFB3A08E.jpeg38C23B81-0124-421D-BFDC-422666C5AD64.jpeg

Lilofan

Some people do not have to go to MK Fantasyland to experience their wildest dreams. They are living it in their own areas.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My DD birthday was as anticlimactic but not as much as the rest of ours. Her firm is the sponsor for multiple
Zoos and arboretums. On her Birthday there was a pre
Opening sponsor night. Normally a walk through every year. We are members but the preview was awesome cause she got a special safe Outing on her Birthday as this year it was a drive through. I hope they change this permanently. The years we have gone it
Is cold and blustery. So much better and more people per hour. Win Win for Arboretum.

View attachment 514960View attachment 514962View attachment 514963View attachment 514964View attachment 514965
My photographer skills lack especially from a moving SUV. It Was brilliant

Is that at the Morton Arb? We went there when we visit the in-laws in Feb. the lights weren’t up but we saw some info about the winter lights and we thought about going this year when we visited at Christmas but now we might not be going down this year so we didn’t try to get tickets.
Happy. Birthday to your daughter!

MySmallWorldof4

Oh lordy. Some of the phrases come out of my PA relatives' mouths...

My favorite is "Bein' as". "Bein' as you already bought that..." Uh... Or "Don't you just hate them things?" I what?

And the thing is that a few hours south in Maryland, we do not talk like we're from the south. Except for the occasional "y'all".
Haven’t heard those phrases, yet. Sounds more like what I would have heard in NYC. Brooklynese or something. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom