The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just got back from Thanksgiving in the kiddos back yard, and it was wonderful...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
Aunt Sassy (our youngest DD Sarah) is off from school and has been tested for Covid (negative) so she’s hangin’ out at their house and her apartment for now. So we’re now distancing from each other, and she took the closeups off Emmy. We ended the night by watchin’ about the first 30 mins. of “Elf” on their backyard screen...!!! :)
Hope y’all all had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as possible, considering this crazy year...!!!!!

Glad you all had a great time yesterday. Even with safe distancing, just being around the people you enjoy is fun. :happy:

I can't get over how quickly Emy's facial features are changing into more defined "toddler" ones. She's so cute. Love her Thanksgiving outfit, by the way! :joyfull:

As for your parents, has it been about 2 years since the fire at their house? (I was trying to recall.) You mentioned recently that their house is just about finished, and fingers crossed it will be done before Christmas.

All the food looked delicious, by the way! :hungry: Yes, plenty to be thankful for all around, and you have the correct attitude about life in general. :)

Songbird76

Those pictures make me want to cheat on my diet for a day , or two.. For now I'm just dreaming it tastes delicious in my mind.
Yeah, Thanksgiving is definitely not a day for dieting, is it? It does all taste delicious. I only took a very small amount of everything, and I was still stuffed and we waited for a couple of hours for pie. E and I will eat leftovers tonight.

Songbird76

Finely minced onion, garlic, celery, red pepper, mushroom stems sauteed with sausage. Combine with bread crumbs, egg and cheese. Can be made vegan but I didn't yesterday.
Yum!! Sounds great! Similar to mine....I do bacon instead of sausage, and I don't put egg or celery in. I always make them to take with us at Christmas, because my in-laws love them, too.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As I posted we had a 21 lb turkey for just the 2 of us probably still have 20 lb of it left. Curious what do you do with your leftover turkey --recipes

My suggestion would be to individually freeze many of the remaining portion sizes (sized for 2 -- you and your wife). But also, save some in your regular refrigerator section for a recipe or two this week, and/or, keep some handy for turkey sandwiches (either cold, or open faced with gravy). I love turkey sandwiches. :hungry:

Sorry that I don't have any actual recipes for leftover turkey, but I'm sure many of the others here, do. :)

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/soft-dinner-rolls/ There's a "jump to recipe" button to skip all the intro stuff. My husband wasn't happy with the honeybutter glaze, because he thought it was too sweet, so next time I think I'll just use butter. But I like a little saltiness, so I might sprinkle them with seasalt, kind of like they do with pretzels, but not so much. But they were really soft. I did have to tent them with tin foil when I rotated the pan, because they were already a nice golden brown and were only halfway through baking. But it said in the recipe you could do that if they were browning too fast, so I tried it and it worked really well. They came out pretty perfect. I had also never used the bread dough hooks on my mixer, but I will use them more often now....soooooo much easier and less messy!

you could do half honey butter and half with sea salt and butter next time. The rolls did look good.

Figgy1

Premium Member
As I posted we had a 21 lb turkey for just the 2 of us probably still have 20 lb of it left. Curious what do you do with your leftover turkey --recipes
or what we call the 2nd turkey;) Turkey chili(dark meat works best), turkey salad(turkey instead of chicken, my boys say it needs extra bacon:cautious::eek::banghead:), you can grind the turkey and make sausage(just use any sausage recipe you like but add extra pork fat;) the boys like breakfast sausage w/bacon:cautious::banghead:, Italian sausage simmered in gravy over pasta), turkey and dumplings, turkey soup, turkey Foo Young, turkey casserole(tuna casserole just sub in turkey)casserole, any recipe that calls for a pre cooked chicken will work

Lilofan

or what we call the 2nd turkey;) Turkey chili(dark meat works best), turkey salad(turkey instead of chicken, my boys say it needs extra bacon:cautious::eek::banghead:), you can grind the turkey and make sausage(just use any sausage recipe you like but add extra pork fat;) the boys like breakfast sausage w/bacon:cautious::banghead:, Italian sausage simmered in gravy over pasta), turkey and dumplings, turkey soup, turkey Foo Young, turkey casserole(tuna casserole just sub in turkey)casserole, any recipe that calls for a pre cooked chicken will work
I also like Turkey ice cream at times. I mean Turkey Hill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom