The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Doing ok... tired of this covid business... as I'm sure everyone is... it's draggin on far too long.

But I do have 2 more vegas trips already booked for next year.... Feb and Sept. Vegas is like Disney, you can't see it all in 10 trips!

eta.. oh and I got a new vehicle yesterday... 2021 Equinox in Pacific Blue.. =D
I hope everything opens for when you visit.
My cousin was there for work a few weeks ago. It was DESERTED and every single show except automated attractions.. were closed and shutdown.
It was either eating or gambling. nothing else to do.

Songbird76

When our youngest DD was in her early teens she broke out in hives all over her body several times a few months apart.
The docs, including an Allergist, never did find out what was causin’ the issue, but, she hasn’t had a problem since, and she’s now 26.
At her first appointment, the Allergist said allergies were a funny thing...you’re not allergic ‘til ya’ are, and then sometimes your not anymore...well, that cleared it up...!!!!!:cyclops::hilarious:
What he meant was, allergies run the gamut. Some have ‘em multiple and lifelong, some have ‘em younger and not older, some the opposite, etc., etc., etc.
Sounds like science is still workin’ on it...?!!! :cyclops: ;)
I broke out whenever my mom ran out of laundry detergent from her regular brand and switched to a new one, or used softener. But I also broke out in a rash every time I was with my dad for more than a few minutes...stress related.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
All my dressier boots are waterproof

Thought I'd join the conversation about shoes and boots.

Occasionally, I'll wear either black or brown multi-purpose shoes (open-back clogs, no dressy shoes). I have 3 pairs of different height boots for snow (including an older pair of pack Sorels, for deep snow). Yup, still have my "real" Canadian Sorels (before Columbia bought their company). I don't have any dressy boots. What I live in most of the time are sneakers -- I have 5 pairs -- gotta be sure I have a color to complete my ensemble! :p (Black, brown suede, navy with lavender accents, black with fuchsia accents, and white with silver). :)

Goofyernmost

This reminds me of “The Great Diaper Dilemma” some friends of ours went through a few decades ago...disposable vs. cloth.
They didn’t wanna’ send all those dirty disposables to the landfill, but, they also didn’t wanna’ use all that water, electricity, and make more dirty water by washin’ all those cloth diapers. They went with disposables...!!!!! :hilarious:
It was almost never a question for us. When my first was born I was Managing a Ben Franklin Variety Store and the Pampers salesman gave me a case of Newborns that lasted until she grew out of them. (not very long) Since we were strapped for cash in those days my wife decided to try cloth. That was 45 years ago when there was no concern about landfills or pollution, it was all based on financial reasons. Well, that lasted about a week. I had remembered the pleasant odors that emanated from the diaper pails when my sister was a baby so I was skeptical, but we tried. It became a mutual decision that if I had to work an extra job to afford them, disposable it was.

Now that all these other factors weigh in on it I'm not sure how I would feel about it at this point. Fact of the matter is that at my age I am not going to waste a brain cell thinking about it. It's out of my hands (literally).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was almost never a question for us. When my first was born I was Managing a Ben Franklin Variety Store and the Pampers salesman gave me a case of Newborns that lasted until she grew out of them. (not very long) Since we were strapped for cash in those days my wife decided to try cloth. That was 45 years ago when there was no concern about landfills or pollution, it was all based on financial reasons. Well, that lasted about a week. I had remembered the pleasant odors that emanated from the diaper pails when my sister was a baby so I was skeptical, but we tried. It became a mutual decision that if I had to work an extra job to afford them, disposable it was.

Now that all these other factors weigh in on it I'm not sure how I would feel about it at this point. Fact of the matter is that at my age I am not going to waste a brain cell thinking about it. It's out of my hands (literally).

Years ago, I recall my mother telling me that she had used a diaper cleaning service. (Van came by the house once a week.) But she said that even with that, she still had to (rinse out) the diapers first, before giving the soiled diapers to the service to clean. I had wondered just how much the service was worth, in that case to her. 🤷‍♀️ A few years later, the disposable diapers were available, and I'm sure she wished she had those instead!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom