The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Glad you all had a great time yesterday. Even with safe distancing, just being around the people you enjoy is fun. :happy:

I can't get over how quickly Emy's facial features are changing into more defined "toddler" ones. She's so cute. Love her Thanksgiving outfit, by the way! :joyfull:

As for your parents, has it been about 2 years since the fire at their house? (I was trying to recall.) You mentioned recently that their house is just about finished, and fingers crossed it will be done before Christmas.

All the food looked delicious, by the way! :hungry: Yes, plenty to be thankful for all around, and you have the correct attitude about life in general. :)

Thanks Minnie...!!! :)
It was as great a day as possible...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

And, yes, Emmy is such a hoot, as I’ve described before...talkin’, singin’, dancin’, etc. all over the place...I cannot overstate the amount of joy her beautiful self and soul brings us...!!!!! :inlove::happy:

The fire actually happened in the evening on 1/29/20.
I still remember seein’ the smoke from the highway near the office over the hills 15 miles away, and not knowing yet whether or not they made it out OK. I was a mess praying to God not to have taken them from us like this.
A few minutes later I got a call from my mom that they were OK, but the house was a total loss, and she was so painfully beyond upset. It was very hard to hear her that upset, but, I thanked God they made it out OK, and the home could be rebuilt, but, they were, and are, irreplaceable, of course.
Fortunately, as I posted way back when, the home wasn’t a total loss, and so much of the house and its contents and memories were saved. The smoke obscured the house from across the street at the schoolyard and mom just assumed it was totally gone.
Sorry, the memories just came flooding back, and that’s not a bad thing...we need to remember and take stock from time to time...and even, maybe, I got a bit misty...!!! :cautious::cool:;)

And, yes, we’re all human and flawed as a result...just the human condition. But, I have faith in humanity overall, and believe that good, eventually, will always prevail, no matter what...!!!!! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, only beer and wine in grocery stores here too. Only liquor stores sell all alcoholic beverages.

Yah, but even no beer or wine sales at all in supermarkets (in my area). I think it's to keep the package stores in business, by limiting ALL alcohol sales to them only. Actually, I could care less as I rarely drink anyway, and when I did have one glass of wine or whatever, it would have been in a full-service restaurant (before Covid rules).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom