The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I've lost some good stuff because of lending...to the point that I don't like to at all. Hubby thinks it makes me a jerk. I think it lets me keep stuff I paid for, use, and appreciate having.
The worst is when you loan something and they bring it back and say “sorry, it broke.” I wasn’t brought up that way. If I borrow something and I break it, I fix or replace it. It’s to the point that I’d rather just go over and do it so I don’t have to loan stuff out and have it get ruined or not returned....

Goofyernmost

That's happening a lot more lately. So I set up a hearing test this past week. Yea, I do have a slight loss of hearing but am still within acceptable range. My heaviest "What?" times are when there is a lot of background noise. The part that I am losing now is the high pitched sounds like women's voices. That's what I get for living with three women all those years. And they thought I didn't listen. I didn't, but now, at least I can just say, sorry I have a bit of a hearing loss.

I also have a minor case of Tinnitus from 14 years in the printing business.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I grew up on LI and left when I got drafted and have lived in the south ever since and lost the NY accent, going back for visits I never realized the accent I used to have. Hearing my nephews speak it's like being in the series Sopranos.
The funny thing about living in Baltimore is all of the sudden realizing people have accents when they say specific words. My dad has a very slight one that comes out when he tells you to "go warsh the dishes in the zinc with wooter". Oh, and if you go to Ocean City, you go "down the ocean." 😂 My mom's aunts are even funnier to listen to.

I have more of a Harford County drawl for some reason. I can only figure it's because I'm like 10 minutes from Harford County and that's where my mom grew up. Every now and then it gets pointed out to me. When I talk to people from out of state, I have to remind myself that "Maryland" has three syllables, not two. 😇

ImperfectPixie

The funny thing about living in Baltimore is all of the sudden realizing people have accents when they say specific words. My dad has a very slight one that comes out when he tells you to "go warsh the dishes in the zinc with wooter". Oh, and if you go to Ocean City, you go "down the ocean." 😂 My mom's aunts are even funnier to listen to.

I have more of a Harford County drawl for some reason. I can only figure it's because I'm like 10 minutes from Harford County and that's where my mom grew up. Every now and then it gets pointed out to me. When I talk to people from out of state, I have to remind myself that "Maryland" has three syllables, not two. 😇
I never think I have an accent until I talk to one of my friends who isn't from the Boston area. 😂

donaldtoo

About one year ago Hostess started selling Twinkies breakfast cereal. I've never tried it, however cereal with milk is good anytime of the day. It's inexpensive and great to eat while watching TV.

Never heard of that one. Do they still make it? Would be interested to try once.
When I was a kiddo I used to eat a mixing bowl (no joke) full of Frosted Flakes, like Jethro Bodine used to eat Corn Flakes, every night before bed...!!!!! :hilarious:

EC95244A-5F98-465A-B775-F56ACFC28BC5.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member

You lost me when you said Maryland has 3 syllables

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom