The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
20201122_142326.jpg20201122_131415.jpg20201122_142213.jpg

A's knife skills are pretty atrocious, so we could only make one "rose pie" and even that's a little wonky 😂😂, but they both turned out cute.

Since Thanksgiving with family was cancelled, we're going to drop off pie tonight at N's aunt's house, where we normally gather for the holiday (pre-covid). Figured we could at least say hi in the driveway and share some turkey day love 😂💖

donaldtoo

Ugh you have my sympathy I remember those days all too well. Hopefully it gets better!

In my case three jobs when my youngest was born. I did it for two years until my college loans were paid off. Only time off was on Sundays when I got done at both part time jobs, last one at 6 pm. Got home, saw the kids and staggered off to sleep. A few odd days off here and there for holidays but not much else.

During the last recession, I worked as many as 3 retail jobs at a time, too. I was laid off from the architectural firm I worked for in Jan. of ‘09 that I’ve now been back with full-time since Feb. of ‘13. I once went over 3 months straight without a single day off...and this was in my late 40’s-early 50’s...some do what they hafta’, others can’t take the stress and fold.
First retail job I got, and the last one I quit, was at our now long gone Disney Store in our local mall 5 mins. down the road. I was even a Lead Manager there for over a year, before the architectural firm I worked for had enough projects to put me on part time contract before they finally brought me back to the office full time 10 months later.
I had to drop the Lead Manager position when I went back full time at the firm, but, the Disney Store let me drop to only Friday closing shifts and Sat. and Sun. shifts to maintain my discounts.
Once the firm got my pay way back up (I’d been outta’ the game for about 3 years, and had to prove my chops again), I said later to the DS. The Disney Store even offered me an ASM position to keep me there, but, I woulda’ laughed in the SMs face if we weren’t friends at that paltry amount of a “raise”...!!!!! :hilarious:
I worked my old-ish beeeeeeehind off for that place, and we took our last WDW trip with my discounts in ‘13 with my 35% merch discount, 60% off room at ASMusic, and 50% on DDP...!!!!!! :joyfull:
Funny thing is, I wouldn’t trade that time for anything...I learned A LOT of invaluable stuff about myself, and people in general, and I’m thankful for that...!!!!! :happy:
And also, when the COVID came, we thought we’d be sunk again. Wrong. We’re so busy right now we’ve been doin’ unlimited OT at the firm for months...sooo much better than the alternative...!!!!!
To say life can be a crazy-a$$ ride is such an understatement...!!!!!!! :joyfull:🤪:D;):hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
View attachment 514876View attachment 514877View attachment 514878

A's knife skills are pretty atrocious, so we could only make one "rose pie" and even that's a little wonky 😂😂, but they both turned out cute.

Since Thanksgiving with family was cancelled, we're going to drop off pie tonight at N's aunt's house, where we normally gather for the holiday (pre-covid). Figured we could at least say hi in the driveway and share some turkey day love 😂💖
I just adore A. The determination, intelligence. You have done such an awesome job with her. ❤️

StarWarsGirl

No, neither you nor I have an accent. "They" do. :p
Sure Jan GIF

Figgy1

Premium Member

Both pies are beautiful and I like a nice rustic pie.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I don't care for apple pie but those look beautiful and like they would be tasty. Nice job!

MySmallWorldof4

The funny thing about living in Baltimore is all of the sudden realizing people have accents when they say specific words. My dad has a very slight one that comes out when he tells you to "go warsh the dishes in the zinc with wooter". Oh, and if you go to Ocean City, you go "down the ocean." 😂 My mom's aunts are even funnier to listen to.

I have more of a Harford County drawl for some reason. I can only figure it's because I'm like 10 minutes from Harford County and that's where my mom grew up. Every now and then it gets pointed out to me. When I talk to people from out of state, I have to remind myself that "Maryland" has three syllables, not two. 😇
People where I live in very south and central PA have southern type accents. I never understood why.

MySmallWorldof4

epcotisbest

Anyone else getting hammered with Christmas commercials on TV?! They've been spotty for a few weeks, but man, this weekend, they have gone all out. (I think I notice it more, because it doesn't quite feel like the holiday season to me, yet.)

I am in Georgia where we are having two election run offs. Constant political ads. Will be so glad when those are over. One party is running on fear and lies, which I guess is all they got.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom