WDW Hooligans

coasterphil

I hate to jump on those folks who admitted to screaming during HM or ToT, but I can't stand it in the stretching room at HM. Whenever someone gives a scream right as the room goes dark it always results in a handful of kids bursting into tears. You've basically ruined the experince for a few families every time you do that.

If things are slow and you've practically got the place to yourself than fine. I know my family likes to make as much noise as humanly possible on Space Mountain, but there are 6 of us so it doesn't really affect anyone else as we have our own train.

BillyBuff

We had a gaggle of cheerleaders (no prizes for guessing when this was) on ToT with us who were screeching and shrieking through the entire wait in the boiler room. Once we got on the elevator, the four of them took the back row, DH and I were in the front on one side, a little girl (10, maybe) was on the other side with her mother. THE SECOND the CM closed the doors, these girls were screaming and yelling for all they were worth.

It happened to me once and my ears were ringing for at least 5 minutes... :(

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I'm not exactly cool with the screechin' and screamin' when it's scaring little kids. Poor dears. Yeah, they burst into tears. But how about the ones that are silent but wet themselves? That makes for a real pain in the tush for mom. Trust me. Been there. On UoE no less. LOL!

As for the screechin' cheerleaders, we were at WDW with them a few times. One particular year I think we were in the tunnel portion of the line at SM when a huge group of them were screamin' and carrying on not far in front of us. My oldest DS, who was prob'ly 10 or so at the time, turned to us after several uncomfortable minutes and asked, "What is wrong with them?" Our only answer was, "They're silly teenage girls. Remember that." After a few more screams I suppose my kid had enough because he roared back at them to shut up. Normally I'm not real big on the kids saying 'shut up' because they get pretty carried away with those 2 words. That time it was appropriate and we let him speak his peace. LOL! Of course now he'd prob'ly hear the screechin' and be drawn to it like an insect to a bug light....LOL!

WDWMUPPET

The worst thing that I ever did happened this past summer on Test Track when I "passed gas" in the heating tunnel thing. Let me tell you, the heat only made it worse for everyone else. :hurl:

jt04

Please tell your dad to stop this. Soooo annoying. Along with the dad that does the booohooohahahaha creepy voice through the whole stretching room sequence. Yes, there are others around trying to enjoy themselves. No, you can't have the park to yourself.

People who do this stuff just can't stand that they are not the center of attention. Rather chidish IMO.

figmentmom

Fun is fun, but I think it's best to be considerate when you're temped to engage in behavior that will probably spoil the experience for those around you.

Particularly annoying are large tour groups of teenagers who chant, shout, and stamp their feet to protest having to wait in line. (Umm, kids, excuse me, but that is NOT going to make your wait - or anyone else's, for that matter - any shorter. :rolleyes:)

Harmless fun is fun that doesn't bother anyone else - pretending to read the guide map while your picture is being taken at Splash Mountain, etc. :lol:

fizzle75

The worst thing that I ever did happened this past summer on Test Track when I "passed gas" in the heating tunnel thing. Let me tell you, the heat only made it worse for everyone else. :hurl:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

That is hilarious!!!

I may have to try it.:lookaroun

Crazy4WDW1

That is too funny! My son last year passed gas on the monorail to MK and it was horrid! The people in the car with us left laughing and holding their noses! I almost peed my pants laughing. :ROFLOL:

Gorjus

People who do this stuff just can't stand that they are not the center of attention. Rather chidish IMO.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!! And they can't stand that the whole world doesn't know that they know "everything" about WDW.

My niece and I enjoy reciting the words to the HM stretch room; Welcome foolish mortals.....

However, we mouth the words while looking at each other. No sound comes from out of our mouths.

On the south side of the hub, we play all the parts and sing all the songs to the Dream Along With Mickey castle show. However, we do it well behind the people that are actually watching the show. We would never do it so those who were trying to enjoy the show would be distracted.

We blow out the torches during Illuminations...softly.

And of course, we sing along with Wishes, but hopefully low enough so that people can enjoy the actual audio track in the park.

DDuckFan130

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!! And they can't stand that the whole world doesn't know that they know "everything" about WDW.

My niece and I enjoy reciting the words to the HM stretch room; Welcome foolish mortals.....

However, we mouth the words while looking at each other. No sound comes from out of our mouths.

On the south side of the hub, we play all the parts and sing all the songs to the Dream Along With Mickey castle show. However, we do it well behind the people that are actually watching the show. We would never do it so those who were trying to enjoy the show would be distracted.

And of course, we sing along with Wishes, but hopefully low enough so that people can enjoy the actual audio track in the park.
To play devil's advocate, my sister and I have been guilty of singing along with Fantasmic or Dream along with Mickey and sometimes doing the choreography. We don't do it because we want to ruin the fun, but because WE are having so much fun. We love both shows, and like at any concert where you know the lyrics and such, we like to be part of it. Now, I'm not saying we do it the entire show or really conspicuously, but sometimes we can't help ourselves but have fun :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Very considerate...thank you.

People should realize that it's like singing in the shower...the ONLY person you are entertaining is yourself.

And if you could hear yourself - you'd stop!

DDuckFan130

A lot of you have mentioned hearing the inconsiderate people recite or sing...I swear I don't think I've ever heard it. Maybe I've been lucky :shrug:

And just to reiterate in my own defense :lookaroun, I've never been conspicuous, and sing very softly so as not to annoy anyone. But I myself have never been annoyed. I'm having too much fun to care what's going on around me.

Oh well.

Nicole220

To play devil's advocate, my sister and I have been guilty of singing along with Fantasmic or Dream along with Mickey and sometimes doing the choreography. We don't do it because we want to ruin the fun, but because WE are having so much fun. We love both shows, and like at any concert where you know the lyrics and such, we like to be part of it. Now, I'm not saying we do it the entire show or really conspicuously, but sometimes we can't help ourselves but have fun :shrug:

A lot of you have mentioned hearing the inconsiderate people recite or sing...I swear I don't think I've ever heard it. Maybe I've been lucky :shrug:

And just to reiterate in my own defense :lookaroun, I've never been conspicuous, and sing very softly so as not to annoy anyone. But I myself have never been annoyed. I'm having too much fun to care what's going on around me.

Oh well.
I agree with you. My friends and I sing and dance along, but not loud enough to be annoying. And if it's annoying to you, I'm sorry, but I'll be gone in a second (we only do this while walking by parades or shows, never while watching one in the crowd). We enjoy it and can't help but to have fun. One CM actually enjoyed my sister's Mickey dance while walking past Fantasmic one night.

I haven't heard people recite or sing in an inconsiderate way either. :shrug:

DDuckFan130

I agree with you. My friends and I sing and dance along, but not loud enough to be annoying. And if it's annoying to you, I'm sorry, but I'll be gone in a second (we only do this while walking by parades or shows, never while watching one in the crowd). We enjoy it and can't help but to have fun. One CM actually enjoyed my sister's Mickey dance while walking past Fantasmic one night.

I haven't heard people recite or sing in an inconsiderate way either. :shrug:
My sister has her Mickey dance down :lookaroun

Hi Nicole :lol:

Laura

Premium Member
I hate to jump on those folks who admitted to screaming during HM or ToT, but I can't stand it in the stretching room at HM. Whenever someone gives a scream right as the room goes dark it always results in a handful of kids bursting into tears. You've basically ruined the experince for a few families every time you do that.

My 6 year old is scared to death of "the scream" because of people who do this. It takes months and months of encouragement before each trip to get him to try out Haunted Mansion and it never fails that when we finally get him to be brave and go inside someone has to go and scream during that part and scare him to tears again. He really loves the ride after that part is over, so it's a shame that other guests have to ruin it for him every time. I hope one day we can get through there without someone screaming so that he can see that it's not scary.

Nicole220

Okay, since I'm in this thread, I'll add my story. I haven't done anything....yet. :lookaroun

But one thing that my friends and I want to do is cut in line in Indy. The line out is right next to the line going in. There aren't any CMs in this one area, and since they let people through in shifts, it's sometimes empty. So one day my friends and I want to jump back in, skipping the longest part of the line. Everytime we walk by, it's so tempting to just jump across...:lookaroun

jt04

My 6 year old is scared to death of "the scream" because of people who do this. It takes months and months of encouragement before each trip to get him to try out Haunted Mansion and it never fails that when we finally get him to be brave and go inside someone has to go and scream during that part and scare him to tears again. He really loves the ride after that part is over, so it's a shame that other guests have to ruin it for him every time. I hope one day we can get through there without someone screaming so that he can see that it's not scary.

I bet they would let you pass through the hadicap entrance if you explained this to a CM. I think it bypasses the stretching room.

Hammer1310

It's been 10 years, I guess I can share this. My friend is the one on the tank and I don't remember which one of us took the picture. I just remember looking around nervously and laughing quietly at the time and much louder later. It's something I would never participate in again as I'm pretty protective of the parks in general but it's still funny.

tomsilly.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's been 10 years, I guess I can share this. My friend is the one on the tank and I don't remember which one of us took the picture. I just remember looking around nervously and laughing quietly at the time and much louder later. It's something I would never participate in again as I'm pretty protective of the parks in general but it's still funny.

If you friend is ON the tank, my guess is that YOU took the picture. :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom