WDW Hooligans

It's been 10 years, I guess I can share this. My friend is the one on the tank and I don't remember which one of us took the picture. I just remember looking around nervously and laughing quietly at the time and much louder later. It's something I would never participate in again as I'm pretty protective of the parks in general but it's still funny.

tomsilly.jpg
Love the pic!

Laura

Premium Member
I bet they would let you pass through the hadicap entrance if you explained this to a CM. I think it bypasses the stretching room.

It would also bypass the line. I would feel too guilty. :lol:

He'll get over it someday. For now we will continue doing run-throughs of the complete audio on my iPod until he can tolerate the scream without wincing. :lol:

I just always feel bad for him because we practice and prepare for so many months and he expects the scream to sound a certain way and it ends up amplified 10 fold by the other guests who contribute their own.

KingStefan

Having said all that in my earlier rant, I have now to make confession.

I hope these things didn't disturb anyone. Please tell me what you think.

My DD (now 14) LOVE to sing "Promise" loudly while exiting Illuminations. We've got all the words down, and we love the smiles it gets us. Is that bad?

Also, in the RnRC pre-show, I wait for the pause after (I can't remember the exact words) "what about these people, we can't just leave them here" and then I turn to my DD and say "yeah, you'd think they could get us some backstage passes or something, anyway", then the Aerosmith band member says (I can't remeber which one) says "hey, I've got an idea! How about we get them backstage passes!" If done correctly, we get some tsks when we make the remark, and a room full of laughs when he says that.

Is that annoying? I really hope not, because I love doing it, and I'd really like to think that it adds to the experience instead of subtracting, which maybe is what all these kids think they are doing.

What does everyone think?

Hammer1310

Also, in the RnRC pre-show, I wait for the pause after (I can't remember the exact words) "what about these people, we can't just leave them here" and then I turn to my DD and say "yeah, you'd think they could get us some backstage passes or something, anyway", then the Aerosmith band member says (I can't remeber which one) says "hey, I've got an idea! How about we get them backstage passes!" If done correctly, we get some tsks when we make the remark, and a room full of laughs when he says that.

About that video, what's up with the little hand gesture on his forehead that Steven Tyler makes when he says "I love that idea."?
I can't describe it on a family forum but if you make it on the ride you won't see your picture.

goofyfan13

Is that annoying? I really hope not, because I love doing it, and I'd really like to think that it adds to the experience instead of subtracting, which maybe is what all these kids think they are doing.

What does everyone think?

I've done that once or twice. I think most people don't think twice about it. But then again I'm not sure. :shrug:

PhotoDave219

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!! And they can't stand that the whole world doesn't know that they know "everything" about WDW.

My niece and I enjoy reciting the words to the HM stretch room; Welcome foolish mortals.....

However, we mouth the words while looking at each other. No sound comes from out of our mouths.

On the south side of the hub, we play all the parts and sing all the songs to the Dream Along With Mickey castle show. However, we do it well behind the people that are actually watching the show. We would never do it so those who were trying to enjoy the show would be distracted.

We blow out the torches during Illuminations...softly.

And of course, we sing along with Wishes, but hopefully low enough so that people can enjoy the actual audio track in the park.

You don't conduct the fireworks while standing in Norway, do you? Just something odd i saw on my last trip....

living dead!

also, i have sprayed people with those spray bottles with the fan on purpose. like full out squirt them without the fan, but making it seem like im spraying myself off. however, some have actually thanked me for the instant cool off!

AND! one time I was in HISTA, and before it started i said rather loudly " WHAT?! THIS ISNT CAPTAIN EO?!" it got a few laughs

oh yeah, screaming and such on ToT or HM is pretty lame and all. like i said before, i like to make people laugh on ToT by saying " I NEED AN ADULT!" it's all in good fun.

nighttimewisher

Ill definatley admit to singing along to absoluteky everything - but quietly while its happening!
i got a funny look from peter pan a few weeks back as i was standing on my own, on a deserted stretch of the parade route, singing along to spectromagic!

to tell you the truth, it makes me smile to hear others singing along - lets you know ho wmuch they enjoy it. and ive never herad anyone sing louder than a whisper

KingStefan

Ill definatley admit to singing along to absoluteky everything - but quietly while its happening!
i got a funny look from peter pan a few weeks back as i was standing on my own, on a deserted stretch of the parade route, singing along to spectromagic!

to tell you the truth, it makes me smile to hear others singing along - lets you know ho wmuch they enjoy it. and ive never herad anyone sing louder than a whisper

Oh, yes, I agree. For example, we sing along with "In the stillness of the night..." in a wisper or just mouthing the words. I would never sing it out loud and disturb people. I think it would just ruin the experience for everone around.

But "Promise" they are just using as exit music, and we sing while we are walking to the parking lot (or busses, or monorail, or mouse gear, or lockers, or whatever), so we sing right out!

Then if we're there long enough, we sing along with "Tapestry of Nations" - "Oh oh way la, oh way oh ah...". Most people look at us like we're nuts, because I don't think that most people recognize the music, and wonder how in the heck we know the "words"!:lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think there's a subtle line between doing something that you enjoy for the fun of it and doing something to get attention.

Seeing people singing, laughing having fun with the attractions is always fun . . . seeing people do things to draw attention to themselves can be annoying.

I think it's a difference between: "We're having fun and we don't care who knows it." and: "Look at us, look at us, look at us. We want you to pay attention to us instead of the attraction."

xtimMOOthyx

That is too funny! My son last year passed gas on the monorail to MK and it was horrid! The people in the car with us left laughing and holding their noses! I almost peed my pants laughing. :ROFLOL:
Thanks for sharing, Mom!

Our friend Cindy found out how to use the microphone in the video portion of the RnR queue. She thought it was a prop, and decided to make a quick announcement when she found out it wasn't. Luckily there wasn't a cast member in the room with us at the time...

Gorjus

You don't conduct the fireworks while standing in Norway, do you? Just something odd i saw on my last trip....

No, Germany, not Norway....kidding. When was your last trip? Do you mean full arms swinging conducting? Or do you mean arms at you side, elbows bent 90 degrees, fingers doing the conducting? I have been known to do a little conducting however, my elbows are firmly at my side.

It all comes down to: If it draws attention to yourself, it probaby is annoying a fellow guest who is trying to watch the attraction.

If you are singing Promises or Way La while walking back to the busses, then no, you aren't distracting from any attraction.

If you are dancing and singing to the Castle show but are well behind anyone actually watching the show, you aren't distracting.

Some things you think are good fun are annoying other guests and some things are fine. Of course we all think what we are doing is fine.

I'm going to have to rethink some of my things I do.

WDWMUPPET

To me, even though making comments during queues and shows can be amusing to some people, to some its like paying to go to a movie theater and having someone doing their own commentary so everyone can hear.

jt04

To me, even though making comments during queues and shows can be amusing to some people, to some its like paying to go to a movie theater and having someone doing their own commentary so everyone can hear.

Bingo! and they are also the first people to complain if someone lights a cigarette 50 yards away. :hammer:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If you want to see hooligans and generally annoying guests, goto DLR.

It's full of tweens whose parents dropped them off for the day and everyone and their grandmother says all the speils at rides like HM.

It's inescpable and uber-annoying there.

Nicole220

If you want to see hooligans and generally annoying guests, goto DLR.

It's full of tweens whose parents dropped them off for the day and everyone and their grandmother says all the speils at rides like HM.

It's inescpable and uber-annoying there.
I'm a DL local and don't see too much of that there. :shrug:

Sure you'll get an annoying group or two, but it's not everywhere.

Tinkrbell

When people stop in the middle of the walkway to look at their map instead of moving to the side, I continue walking & if they're in my path, I "accidentally" walk right into them.
I also sing along during Jourey into Imagination. Most of the time when I do this, though, it's only my mom & I on the ride or a few other people who also start singing along by the end of the ride.
My mom & I make sacastic comments to eachother about what other people in the parks are doing or wearing.
We've only done this on our trip a few weeks ago, but when we're standing in a queue & it starts to move after not moving for awhile, or when we have to wait for the doors to open at a show like Philhar Magic after moving through the winding part of the line, we start to quietly "moo." We didnt think many other people do this, but while waiting at Philhar Magic, a man leaned over started "mooing" into the ear of a young boy he was with.

forevermickey

I was just reading through this thread with so much disdain for all of you hooligans, saying to myself that I'd NEVER participate in such foolishness.

Then I remembered that 2 years ago another forum member and I walked around the Magic Kingdom naked for 3 hours. :lookaroun

62570146-M.jpg

62570150-M.jpg

62570140-M.jpg

62570149-M.jpg

This is hilarious!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom