WDW Hooligans

chels26

i have a story or two..

it was maybe.. 4-6 years ago. i was on the CoP with my cousin, Jake. We were kiiind of bored with CoP, seeing as we were 13 ish. and this kid infront of us looked rather nervous and kept asking his mother if it was scary. (he was roughly the same age) and i go to jake "oh jake! did you bring your goggles? 'cause i really dont want to get hit in the eye with those bb guns again" and jake quickly replied "oh no, i didnt. let's go move to the back... i really hate when that guy jumps out and stars shooting at every body" and the kid turned around and said "oh my god, are you serious?" and we nodded our heads. got up, and went to the back of the thearter. the kid and his mom quickly ran off CoP. we were hysterical. now i kind of feel bad about it, but seriously? you're in disney. woudl they ever make a ride where some one actually shoots bbguns at you? haha.

and another thing we did.. we dressed up as pirates. and had sword fights throughout the beach club and went on the elevators and scared people as they came on. most people got a kick out of it.

we also tried to scare people on the great movie ride. Jake said really loudly to me "CHELSEA! WHERE. DID. THE SEATBELTS. GO?" and i said "oh my god jake this ride goes upside down, why did they take the seatbelts out" and we turned back to our family (cause there are roughly 30 of us, and we take up a lot of space) and were like DO YOU HAVE SEATBELTS. and my one uncle played along and said "YEP! we have seatbelts in our row! I hear they refurbed this, and now it goes faster than Rock'n'roller coaster" and we freaked a few people out who tried to get off. haha.. thats pretty bad... i apologize.

mrerk

Premium Member
Not hooligan-like per se, but my college girlfriend and I engaged in adult behavior in several places on property where I'm pretty sure such behavior was not supposed to be engaged in. I don't think we were caught on camera or seen by guest or CMs, but I'll probably never know for sure.

You weren't in a CS pool around 3AM on a 4th of July weekend a few years ago, were you?

mrerk

Premium Member
My 3yo son and I were enjoying our 5mph trip around the WDW Indy Speedway when some hooligan dumped a coke off the side of the TTA. :fork:

goofyfan13

When I'm with the wrong people I can be one of those annoying people I hate...:lol:

My old roommate and I would often say ridiculously stupid things on Space and BTMRR. On Space when we got to the top we'd scream at the top of our lungs, "Oh My God! We're in Space!" And repeat the "We're in space" bit through out the ride. Also scream at people going up the lift as we pass by them.

On Thunder mountain we'd act like we were scared of the least scary things on the ride. Such as saying things like, "Not Uphill!" or saying how we hate caves, possums, etc..,

I know it's not as good as a lot of what some of you have done, but a lot of people riding with us would get a kick out of it. :lol:

Yea one other thing, my fiance would probably kill me if she knew I mentioned this, but on the TTA, in SM when it gets dark...use your imagination. ;)

wdwmomof3

I confess, I must be a boring person but the next time I go I am going to try something crazy. You all sound like you have had a blast.:lol:

cptwife80

Now I've always been a good girl but my dad on the other hand was horrible. As a kid we would go to MK and stand in lines for the popular rides. Every single time he had to wait and there was a lot of people he would yell "Here we go", and all of a sudden everyone around us would move up closer. It was so embarassing. He came to visit us while we were down for my 26th birthday and he did it at Test Track. My husband had no clue what to do and though my dad was nutz. Although it did work most of the time.:lol:

haveyoumetmark

I did mild stuff. The best-received had to be on Everest. I just blurted out, "Hey, check out that loose screw." I know, very weak, but total crowd-pleaser. :lol:

surfsupdon

All right, I confess...

My sister and I had always been World-class pool hoppers. You name the Resort pool and we've been down the slide.

No need for that now, b/c we finally get to stay at these Deluxe properties.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Not hooligan-like per se, but my college girlfriend and I engaged in adult behavior in several places on property where I'm pretty sure such behavior was not supposed to be engaged in. I don't think we were caught on camera or seen by guest or CMs, but I'll probably never know for sure.

You weren't in a CS pool around 3AM on a 4th of July weekend a few years ago, were you?

Ah....don't I wish I was in college just a few years ago. Unfortunately, college-era events for me occurred long before CS even existed!

frazierle

I guess I need to reconsider letting my son and nephew run loose on our next trip. I can see one of them starting this thread again in 10 years, oh boy....:veryconfu:veryconfu

jody31

here goes......

Whlst in the queue for TOT in I was constantly getting kicked by a kid ( about 12-15rs ). I politely asked him not to kick me, but i don't think he understood English, so i asked his Father/Guardian to ask the kid not to kick me, again it drew a blank stare.

So.... Once into the preview room and the lights went out, it was time for revenge. I admit it, I bullied a kid, but he got one heck of a kick in the leg, then I quietly moved to the side before the video started.

....nice one !

Disneybird

I, along with a former cast member were able to get into River Country one night after midnight. We stayed about 3 hours enjoying the water park to ourselves. Now that was fun.

David

Okay...since we`re all confessing....

I rode the HM with my then fiance in 1993. It went 101 for a good 10 minutes, and as you know it`s really dark and the DoomBuggies prevent anyone seeing in....

....I hoped!

You may have hoped, but you can bet it was seen.

Crazy4WDW1

OMG these stories are soooooo funny!

We do a couple of mild things when we're at WDW . . . when on Space Mountain on the uphill climb where the TTA cars are below, we yell "help me, get me off this thing!" to the people riding the TTA. Also, my son screams at the top of his lungs for the entire ride. I laugh so hard I can't breath!

Also, I've had a kid or two, and even adults, that are forever standing on top of me, bumping me, etc. in the ride lines. My new ploy is to "accidentally" wack them with my backpack. After they get hit with the backpack, they will back off few steps.

Dragonrider1227

I'm too much of a goody twoshoes. The closest thing I've ever gotten to being a WDW hooligan is;
1. Screaming like a Banshee on Mr. Toad's Wild ride when I was six (but that was out of pure fear more than anything else)
2. sticking my finger out and touching some of the dirt in the "living the land" ride at Epcot
3. screaming a rather colorful vocabulary on my first ride on Space Mountain in 2005
My mom says she once saw a popcorn bag on Big Ben in Peter Pan's flight, thus destroying the illussion but boy does it sound funny XD
My uncle once though turned to talk to my mom and accidently gave an ice cream cone in the face of Robin Hood. His reponce (and I quote) "Oh no, now you'll have to dryclean your head" :lol:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
He also always screams loudly during the part where you see the hanging body in the stretching room....haha

Please tell your dad to stop this. Soooo annoying. Along with the dad that does the booohooohahahaha creepy voice through the whole stretching room sequence. Yes, there are others around trying to enjoy themselves. No, you can't have the park to yourself.

KingStefan

Please tell your dad to stop this. Soooo annoying. Along with the dad that does the booohooohahahaha creepy voice through the whole stretching room sequence. Yes, there are others around trying to enjoy themselves. No, you can't have the park to yourself.

Here, here! Add to that the jerks who scream and screetch from the pre-show all the way up to the elevators in ToT, and then on the elevators as well. They think they're cool, but they are just being d-bags and ruining the experience for everyone else.

I'll be the first one to say kids will be kids - I've done some hooliganish things with I was young and stupid. But some people just don't ever even think about how their actions are affecting anyone else around them, as long as their stupid friends laugh and pay attention to them.

My DD then 9 was so disturbed by one stupid guy in ToT that we had to do an unplanned kid swap when we got up to the front. Plus it completely broke my suspension of disbelief in the story, and didn't allow me to enjoy the theming, etc. DW said it completely ruined her experience in the elevator.

Yes, it does disturb a lot of other people. No, you're not just trying to have a little fun, your being jerks.

Bottom line: if you're one of these jerks, and you're as self-centered in the rest of your life as you are in the parks, that you have no idea how your behavior affects other around you, and maybe don't even think about it, then I feel sorry for you, because if you don't grow up before long, you're going to have a lot of people who avoid you.

Sorry for the rant. Had to get that off my chest.

Finally, as the previous poster said: No, you can't have the parks all to yourselves.

PigletIsMyCat

In line here with the last couple of posts: screaming during HM or TOT is not funny to anyone but you, and maybe a couple of the dishfaces you're with (yes, I said dishface. Long story, but essentially is now my family's way of saying 'd-bag'). It is terribly annoying to almost everyone else. It interrupts the themes and immersive experience we pay to get at Disney.

We had a gaggle of cheerleaders (no prizes for guessing when this was) on ToT with us who were screeching and shrieking through the entire wait in the boiler room. Once we got on the elevator, the four of them took the back row, DH and I were in the front on one side, a little girl (10, maybe) was on the other side with her mother. THE SECOND the CM closed the doors, these girls were screaming and yelling for all they were worth. DH and another gentleman kindly yelled at them to shut up, but they wouldn't. Within a mintue or two, the little girl was literally bawling in fear, I think for two reasons: she was being scared even more by their screaming, thinking it was going to be worse than it is, and secondly that it's terrifying and confusing to be in a closed, confined space with four screecy, adolescent girls yelling their darn heads off. The little girl was whisked off as soon as those doors opened, but DH and I stayed behind to give those dishface girls a few choice words.

Like they cared.

There is a fine line between humor and respect. A little devious laughter during the stretch room scene in HM (that doesn't interfere with the voice of our ghost host) is humorous and good natured. Screaming like you lost a limb when the lights go out is terrifically DISRESPECTFUL.

Having said that, Laura22, hysterical pictures - great idea. Might have to steal it to give my mom a little jolt! These hooligan stories make me feel like I missed out on my childhood... might have to take some of the lighter ideas to break up the cheery Disney monotony at the parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom