WDW Food Picture of the Day

nibblesandbits

EpcotGardenGrill08.jpg
Ok...where is that from?

Really? Never been there and was thinking about going. That looks pretty good. What was wrong?

Really nothing was right. We had 6 people in our party we were squished in at one table. The turkey was dry and flavorless, the flank steak was chewy and tough, the mashed potatoes were bland and cold, the 8 vegetables we got were somewhat warm but mushy. The nuggets for the kids were overcooked but yet cold, even though the restraunt itself had to be 1000 degrees. Shall I go on? Even our server was definitely not one of Disney's best. The best parts were the salad, the kid's design your own cupcake and leaving. We literally left hungry and went over to the World Showcase to go get some snacks to eat afterwards. I do have to say the character interaction was great but that is really the only positive I can give the Garden Grill. It really was too bad we had never been before and had been looking forward to it, it may have just been a really off night but honestly all 6 of us said the food was SO bad that we wouldn't even give it a try again some day in the future.

NewfieFan

Really? Never been there and was thinking about going. That looks pretty good. What was wrong?

I think you should still give it a try!

I have never had a problem there either.

You have to pry my youngest daughter off the flank steak with a crowbar.

-dave

I've never had a problem either!

Really nothing was right. We had 6 people in our party we were squished in at one table. The turkey was dry and flavorless, the flank steak was chewy and tough, the mashed potatoes were bland and cold, the 8 vegetables we got were somewhat warm but mushy. The nuggets for the kids were overcooked but yet cold, even though the restraunt itself had to be 1000 degrees. Shall I go on? Even our server was definitely not one of Disney's best. The best parts were the salad, the kid's design your own cupcake and leaving. We literally left hungry and went over to the World Showcase to go get some snacks to eat afterwards. I do have to say the character interaction was great but that is really the only positive I can give the Garden Grill. It really was too bad we had never been before and had been looking forward to it, it may have just been a really off night but honestly all 6 of us said the food was SO bad that we wouldn't even give it a try again some day in the future.

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. I've eaten there twice now and it's been fine both times. The food was good (maybe we're not good critics), our servers were nice, and the character interaction has been great. Last time our son was sick and some of the characters even sat down with him for awhile... it was so sweet! The kids get a cute dessert there as well - "make your own cupcake"!

2q9z86q.jpg

HollyBelle

Sanaa!

Dum Biryani (a veggie/rice mixture in the bread) with pineapple raita. Not my favorite meal:

P7140015.jpg

Tandoori Lamb Chops (tender and delicious!) with basmati rice:

P7140016.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom