"Unique" Items to Pack for Disney Trips!

WDWFigment

What are some unique (so no toothpaste, underpants, etc.) items you pack to take to Disney? You know, the type of things that other people might not think of, but you find really helpful.

Some of the things we pack include:

-Yankee Candle (to give our trip a "scent")
-Starbucks VIA
-Moisture wicking socks and shoes
-Sun hats (Sarah, not me)
-External HD

...among a bunch of other things. Our full list is here: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/featured-post/disney-trip-packing-guide-list/

NewfieFan

Glow sticks/bracelets for the kids
Hangers (but I pack the cheap plastic ones that I get with new clothes during the year - that way I will toss them if there's no room in the suitcase on the way home)
Lots of Ziploc bags
My own face cloths (I'm not that picky but I really like my own face cloths even on vacation)
Pop up hamper (keeps the room a little tidy and when it's full I know it's time to head to the laundry room)
Mommy hook http://www.themommyhook.com/ (We always have one of these on the stroller - you can hang anything on it)
Dish detergent (to wash the mugs)
Tea bags (you just can't get a good cup of tea in WDW)
Gum
Clickable Sharpie markers (for the autograph book)

I forgot, Spare batteries. If you ever bought any at a Disney photo kisok you'll understand.

Oh my goodness yes!!! I understand stuff is more expensive in Disney but I'm sure the price of their batteries are illegal! :eek:

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

They should be illegal. We paid 15.00 for 4 batteries at the Grand Floridian, gift shop. WOW and ouch. Thats what IO said in my post. Plus if you fly put them on or in your carry on this way the weight in the check in bag is not heavier.. Dont forget your own bar soap I never leave without it or my bath powder..

Upvote 0

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Dedicated spot in backpack to place chargers. Back in May I lost the charger to my brand new iPhone. DVC's in room docks saved me.

~A stop in South Carolina to Costco to get some bottles of Kirkland Vodka and Tequila
~Bloody Mary Mix
~Cherry Vodka
~Seven Up
~Dixie Cups

(beats buying a mixed at the poolside bar)

~DSLR and Tri-pod (poke at WDWFigment)
~Mickey shirt from previous trip.. gotta have that tourist swag.
~Case of water
~Cereal
~All the memories from my entire life.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Also, for the anti-poncho crowd, a good alternative would be a set of Frogg Toggs. My hubby swears by them and keeps 3 sets on his bass boat for days he gets caught out on the water in the rain. They're light weight and breathe nicely. :animwink:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

What are some unique (so no toothpaste, underpants, etc.) items you pack to take to Disney? You know, the type of things that other people might not think of, but you find really helpful.

Some of the things we pack include:

-Yankee Candle (to give our trip a "scent")-Starbucks VIA
-Moisture wicking socks and shoes
-Sun hats (Sarah, not me)
-External HD

...among a bunch of other things. Our full list is here: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/featured-post/disney-trip-packing-guide-list/

What a great idea!!! We like honeydew, stormwatch and strawberry among many others. We take our oun pillow anywhere we go.

Upvote 0

plaz10

As far as ponchos go...we bring rain jackets we got at Gander Mountain (it's like a Cabellas...hunting/fishing type store) They have hoods and came with a netted drawstring bag thats pretty small and they roll up into the bag. They're quite cute (mine's a light pink, the fiance's is black) and it's probably the size of...a shoe. So both of them fit in the backpack well. They were about 20 bucks a piece and we wear them even when not at Disney but the portability of them makes them prime for Disney trips.

Plus they're not long (just regular jacket length) so it's easier to move around in them than in ponchos.

But I agree with other posters to buy some cheap ponchos at wal mart and take them just in case. way cheaper!

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

the zip lock bags are also nice if you have something that could be ruined if you have items you want to leave in your bag on the stroller with the daily chance of rain in florida. i also use them for things like my camera or cell phone on rides like splash just to be on the safe side.

Upvote 0

gccgrad1996

I pack my hangers from home. When I check into the Beach Club, I like to pretend that I live there. I hang my clothes and put the suitcase away until it is time to leave.

Ziploc bags for my electronics (and for french fries that I can't finish at lunch)

Tupperware. On the last day, I use my last counter service somewhere, fill the tupperware and eat it on the 5 hour flight home.

I love the idea of your own hangers. We too like to pretend that our Disney resort, whichever it may be, is where we live. When we are at home my daughters refer to Disney as their second home. And I don't know why I never thought of the ziploc bag idea, that is great. We have been going every summer for the last six years and this never hit me. I guess all the excitement makes my brain a little crazy.

Upvote 0

Mimi

I always go to and buy a pack of brightly colored washcloths ( the kind that's like a pack of 12 for $4 ) and after washing, take at least one for every family member going on the trip. Before heading into the parks for the day, I put a couple ( dry ) rolled up in a ziplock bag ( preferebly a qt freezer bag) in whatever bag I'm taking. It's sure nice to be able to pull one out and just wet it down if there's a sticky mess or just an overheated person. A cool cloth on the back of the neck or on the forehead is heaven on a hot, hot Disney day. When done, I just put back into the bag until we get back to the hotel, and then take it out, rinse or wash it and hang dry to reuse. I always have antibacterial wipes on me, but sometimes, you just need a clean, cool cloth with just water on it.

Good idea!

Anyone mention a small pair of scissors yet? There are LOTS of reasons to bring a pair.

Upvote 0

afurkin

We get these larger ziploc bags in the camping section. It's perfect for when it rains cause your entire backpack can fit inside and it has heavy duty handles so you can pack it around the park.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Good idea!

Anyone mention a small pair of scissors yet? There are LOTS of reasons to bring a pair.

I actually keep a pair of scissors in my glove compartment of my car (we drive). Also, I keep a tiny pair in my cosmetics case. Scissors is one of those things that when you need 'em & don't have 'em you're totally up a creek. Great recommendation!

We get these larger ziploc bags in the camping section. It's perfect for when it rains cause your entire backpack can fit inside and it has heavy duty handles so you can pack it around the park.

I have these! Outstanding use idea! You can also put pillows in them, sit on it to squish the air out, and pack pillows fairly flat. :D

Oh! Another idea! Y'all know those biiiiig bags made out of tarp material they sell at Ikea by the registers for like $1??? Those make the best beach/water park/pool bags! You can load them with a ton of stuff yet they pack flat and weigh next to nothing. Water won't soak in from the bottom if you set them on the ground by your chosen spot either. I keep 3 or 4 around the house just because they're so useful. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom