"Unique" Items to Pack for Disney Trips!

WDWFigment

What are some unique (so no toothpaste, underpants, etc.) items you pack to take to Disney? You know, the type of things that other people might not think of, but you find really helpful.

Some of the things we pack include:

-Yankee Candle (to give our trip a "scent")
-Starbucks VIA
-Moisture wicking socks and shoes
-Sun hats (Sarah, not me)
-External HD

...among a bunch of other things. Our full list is here: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/featured-post/disney-trip-packing-guide-list/

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Most of the things listed and a small power strip because never can find enough electrical outlets

I also take a power strip. I turn the nightstand into a charging station for various items (iPad, iPhone, etc). The laptop lives on the table.

Something I bring that is a bit odd (only started this past trip doing this) is an HDMI cable and an iPad to HDMI adaptor.

With the newer TVs they've put in the room, Disney doesn't lock down the inputs like some other hotel chains do (THANK you Disney!), so this allows me to connect the laptop and/or iPad up to the TV.

Fun, if the kid wants to watch some Netflix in the morning or something.

Upvote 0

lpkalten

Learned about this trick couple years back and have done this every trip since...We put each of our kids days worth of cloths in a gallon zip lock bag (i.e. shirt, shorts, underwear, socks). Everyday is planned out and when the kids get up in the morning I can tell them to pick a bag and get yourself changed. This saves on dress/prep time in the morning and it give my kids a sense of independence. It also frees up time for my wife and I to get ready and decreases arguments on what they are wearing for the day since they helped put the bags together back home. Then we take the zip lock bags from that day and put them back in a bag to take back home and use again. Sometimes, I take the zip lock bags and double line them and put ice in them to take to the parks. As the ice melts I refill our water bottles with fresh ice for the first 1 hour or so.

Upvote 0

MITCH 112198

Learned about this trick couple years back and have done this every trip since...We put each of our kids days worth of cloths in a gallon zip lock bag (i.e. shirt, shorts, underwear, socks). Everyday is planned out and when the kids get up in the morning I can tell them to pick a bag and get yourself changed. This saves on dress/prep time in the morning and it give my kids a sense of independence. It also frees up time for my wife and I to get ready and decreases arguments on what they are wearing for the day since they helped put the bags together back home. Then we take the zip lock bags from that day and put them back in a bag to take back home and use again. Sometimes, I take the zip lock bags and double line them and put ice in them to take to the parks. As the ice melts I refill our water bottles with fresh ice for the first 1 hour or so.

We also use the gallon bag system for our 2 kids clothes.
We also always pack a small folded step stool so they can reach the sink to brush teeth.

Upvote 0

Tink0102

hey thanks goonie.........taking my 80 year old parents this august (they chose the dates not me!), so i went online and ordered lots of chilly pads. hope you're right!
That reminds me, woot.com has a set of two realxgear cooling towels today for $9.99. I was thinking about ordering them for our trip. Does anyone know if they are the same as chilly pads?

Upvote 0

foxfamily238

Wow! Lots of great ideas on here. Here are a few things we packed when we went:

One is a book we got from Amazon called Disney Jr. Encyclopedia Of Animated
Characters. We used this book as our autograph book. It has cute pictures of most
characters with a description, sometimes a cool quote from that character, etc. And the
Characters can sign their names on their page. Way cuter for us than just a blank book with names!

We also brought a soft sided cooler that we put ice in from the ice machines in the hotel since we were staying at
POP and didn't have a refrigerator. It kept the bottled water nice and cold!

We also brought some of the small variety pack cereals, then we would just buy a small milk in the mornings, and that would be our breakfast since we didn't want a huge breakfast before walking around all day.

Upvote 0
i'm loving the idea to bring a pop up hamper for the hotel room! I always bring extra contacts becuase two years back I had a problem with one of mine half way thru the trip so it was quite an experience. And I never go on any vacation without fiber chews because a week of eating junk/rich foods is risky!

Upvote 0

SMS55

My pillow because I can't sleep with the ones there. They aren't contoured to me head. Those little packets of Crystal Light because it allows me to take it easy on the coke.

Upvote 0

Adrian0214

Not sure I would consider these "unique" items, but definetely handy. 1. Lysol travel size spray for room. 2.lysol wipes for backpack. 3. Travel size first aid kit for backpack. 4. Ziplock bags (you would be surprised when you need a bag). 5. Disney movies/books for "magical" bedtime. 6. Extra pens for signature books ( I seem to easily misplace pens). 7.mickey mouse crocs (refuse to wear any other shoes at Dsney). 8. Sunscreen/lip protector/Tylenol ( can be expensive at the parks).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom