"Unique" Items to Pack for Disney Trips!

WDWFigment

What are some unique (so no toothpaste, underpants, etc.) items you pack to take to Disney? You know, the type of things that other people might not think of, but you find really helpful.

Some of the things we pack include:

-Yankee Candle (to give our trip a "scent")
-Starbucks VIA
-Moisture wicking socks and shoes
-Sun hats (Sarah, not me)
-External HD

...among a bunch of other things. Our full list is here: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/featured-post/disney-trip-packing-guide-list/

Theosus

Our 100 years of magic ponchos. Yes - we kept them since 2002.
Power strip with USB charging holes
Powerade drink mix.
Three cases of coke, so I don't have to buy a mug the whole trip.
Books for reading at night.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Small first aid kit for the van w/ elastic wrap (came in handy for ankle last trip)
Clorox wipes
Suction cups to hang things for display on our room window
small paper cups (I never seem to have enough cups left from mousekeeping or they don't give us any)
Old ponchos that are torn, etc. and cut in half across top-we use them to cover our van seats after visiting water park
spare contact lenses

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Curious about this one; what do you display in your room window?

Our daughter likes to decorate. Last trip she brought Build a Bear Minnie and hung her from the center of the window and all of her princess outfits hanging up around her. And then of course put Minnie as a different princess everyday.
Trip before she brought all her Minnie dolls-the smaller ones you find in the park and hung them for display.
Two years ago we hung birthday banners that she made, 1 for her room and 1 for Grandpa for his room next door, as their b-days are a day apart.

I probably should have clarified that when posting, thanks for asking me.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We bring lots of what already has been listed buy also...
Magnetic clothespins (to clip drapes closed, hang stuff on the door & and in the bathroom)
Travel scale to weigh our suitcases
Small sewing kit with scissors
Lots of ziplocks
target/walmart bags to carry wet ponchos

Upvote 0

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Our daughter likes to decorate. Last trip she brought Build a Bear Minnie and hung her from the center of the window and all of her princess outfits hanging up around her. And then of course put Minnie as a different princess everyday.
Trip before she brought all her Minnie dolls-the smaller ones you find in the park and hung them for display.
Two years ago we hung birthday banners that she made, 1 for her room and 1 for Grandpa for his room next door, as their b-days are a day apart.

I probably should have clarified that when posting, thanks for asking me.

That's pretty cool! I've seen some window displays in the past, but they have been typically at Christmas (just lights), or made by MouseKeeping, or by Cheerleaders/Football players as part of Pop Warner. It's good to see other ways to be creative with the displays!

Upvote 0

Evil Genius

We more or less focus on what to bring in the car for the road trip which includes:

A case of bottled water
Our travel fridge that plugs into the cigarette lighter
Snacks
iPhone car chargers
Car pillows

For the entire trip we make sure we have:

Anti-chaffing lotion
Secondary batteries for iPhones
Travel bottles

Upvote 0

luv

Gum! Can't buy it at the airport or at WDW.

Tickets, lanyard and the UG were the only other Disney-specific things I ever packed.

Upvote 0

tsaintc

Although the wife and kids like to make fun of me, I always have to bring a water proof container like this one to throw into the backpack:

Link to container

Rain never slows us down, so I throw the wallet, iphones, etc. into this for safe keeping.

Upvote 0

SyracuseDisneyFan

Gum
My multivitamins
Tylenol
Advil
Any prescription medications I use
Vaseline
iPod and iPod charger
Laptop and accessories
iPhone and iPhone charger
Extra batteries for digital camera
Ponchos
Sweatshirt
Hat
Sunglasses
Band Aids

Upvote 0

heatherkatheleen

I bring my MacBook along with a couple DVDs of Russell Peters live shows to keep me entertained (and distracted)on the flight from YYZ to MCO.
I bring at least 4 handbags (so that I have options & assortments of sizes from small to large).
I bring a list of everything I've packed so that when I'm re-packing to go home I can check off the list as I fill my suitcase to see if anything has been misplaced.
I bring an iPod dock so I can dance around Old Key West like a fool.
I bring the sheets that have detergent and fabric softener in them because they travel really well and that I way I have the option of doing laundry in our room.

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

Solid thread bump! :)

I'm actually the opposite of most people in this thread...I am a minimalist packer all the way! Unless I'm going to be gone for 10 days or more (even then, I really don't use a big suitcase), I travel with a carryon only. It's an awesome Patagonia bag that fits a ton and can be rolled or worn on my back. It comes with an organizer for toiletries as well so there really aren't any add ons I need to organize or pack anything.

You can tell I don't have kids, because I really don't pack a lot of extras or "just in case(s)!"

For free water that tastes good, I ask for a glass of ice water at any counter service stop. It's free and filtered. If I get a scrape or cut, I know that First Aid has Neosporin and a Bandaid (and if I really need to buy Tylenol or aspirin, I can buy it from a vending machine at first aid, I believe, or more expensive in the gift shop). I choose a pair of shoes that can be worn in just about any circumstances so I don't need extra, and if I'm traveling for more than 3 days, I'll throw a load of laundry in really quickly. I find that I spend less time searching, organizing or worrying about where things are when I have less stuff. Just my own personal preference, though, and one I'm guessing will change drastically once I travel to WDW with kids!

Upvote 0

wdwstateofmind

Various types of allery medication. Florida vegetation is very different than in Wisconsin, so I have no idea what I'll be allergic to.
You both have the same maples, birches and beech trees...palm trees aren't actual trees and don't reproduce the same way...if you have a bad tree allergy up there it shouldn't effect you that bad there...at least that's what I've gone through as a major allergy sufferer of tree pollen in the northeast

Upvote 0

jazznrachie

You both have the same maples, birches and beech trees...palm trees aren't actual trees and don't reproduce the same way...if you have a bad tree allergy up there it shouldn't effect you that bad there...at least that's what I've gone through as a major allergy sufferer of tree pollen in the northeast
That's good to know! It is tree pollen that I'm allergic too & it's just now starting to get bad here. Allergy season is late. I'm still bringing everything I have from home.

Upvote 0

DJMoore2011

We pack:

A Small Sewing kit- never fails a button on one of my daughter's shirts will come off
A First Aid Kit-it has everything from tweezers to band aides.
A case of Pepsi, sorry I do not like coke so will keep Pepsi in the room I drink it instead of coffee.
A case of bottle water- we freeze one bottle the night before wrap it up in a wash cloth that we bring, put in the backpack along with 2 other bottles. All 3 stay cold and one is SUPER cold.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

That's pretty cool! I've seen some window displays in the past, but they have been typically at Christmas (just lights), or made by MouseKeeping, or by Cheerleaders/Football players as part of Pop Warner. It's good to see other ways to be creative with the displays!

It also helps in identifing your room

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom