Things that gross you out in WDW.

Phonedave

no need to break anything to me, they teach at our hospital to turn the faucet off with a paper towel. and they also say not to wash your hands in hot water, as it may break open your skin or something.

and yes I believe both of those are going overboard, and contribute to a society where people push the bathroom door open with their backs like their going into surgery, or wiping off the walmart shopping carts because they"re afraid to catch something. what people aren't being told is that the hand sanitizers on the walls in hospitals and elsewhere don't affect certain germs, they require soap and water scrubbing action to combat them.

if you want to come into an operating room with me sometime I'll show you what nurses and doctors do everyday and im pretty sure it's not cdc approved.

I am with you here. In a hospital, I can understand it. Hospitals are some of the nastiest places around. But for the most part, I just give my hands a good washing.

I also worked in a grocery store for 7 years while in HS and College. grocery, dair, produce, deli and some meat cutting in a pinch. I am sure we had some of your OR doctors moonlighting there as well. :animwink:

To be honest, the meat room was pretty clean, as that was inspected on a regular basis. But other areas, well, lets not go there.

-dave

KingStefan

People farting in front of me in line on a hot summers day.
Took 15 pages for someone to post that!!! :ROFLOL:

That is exactly what grosses me out OR walking thru someone's fart cloud in Epcot and have an immediate frizz out of your hairdo.
lol.. or the ones that let one rip or a silent one and walk away and there you go walking right into the invisible funk. I have honestly been guilty of this. And I want to apologize to anyone that I may have attacked. ot hurt by my actions.
I have to raise my hand and admit guilt. A few weeks ago on our trip, the first 5 days or so were great weather-wise, very sunny and very warm......but the last two days were cold and rainy. It was one evening in Epcot when I felt those stirrings within my belly. We were trying to escape the cold for a little while so my wife and I went into MouseGears, which was apparently the same idea for many others because it was PACKED in there.

ANYWAY......we were moseying around the store, looking for things to buy with the $200 gift card we got when we checked into our resort. So there we are trying to make our way around the place and around other people, when the bottom just dropped out and I let loose the dreaded SBD (in fact, one of my personal worst). It so happened we were in a bottleneck of people at the time and couldn't move forward, but once that thing eeked out, the path behind us miraculously began to clear. Imagine that! :lol:

AND.....one other time, in a non-Disney park near my home, we were there in the middle of summer and were waiting on a line for a ride. There had been some obnoxious and rowdy kids behind us in line. Anyway, I must have eaten something that disagreed with me because I'd been letting out SBDs most of that morning. So there we were on the line, about to move into the main building when I popped out a few in succession. (My wife and sister were aware of what I was doing......they agreed there was a high degree of funk to them.) The next thing we knew, someone in the group of kids behind us yelled out "Oh my god, someone smells like a**!" and I couldn't help it as my body shook with laughter. They must have knew it was me because another of the kids said something like "Dude, you gotta stop that, you're killin' us back here!".
My husband is very very guilty of this.. He calls this practice "Crop Dusting"...
Gas, flatulence, farts...it's tough when you're in line and it's quite warm too.

I also admit I'm guilty of it especially when there are children rough housing behind me and I get kicked a few times....so I let one loose. that somehow stopped their rough housing for a the moment. :shrug:
OK, this didn't happen at WDW, so it's a bit off topic, but I think it's a good enough story to post anyway.

I wasn't feeling well one day; I had the worst gas! I had to stop by the local Sears for something. I walked in the door, and started toward my department of interest. After going about 100 feet, I realized that "the pressure was building up" and thought that it would be best if I turned around and went back outside for a few moments before continuing on to my intended destination.

And so I did turn around, but about half way to the door, it slipped out - I just couldn't help it. It was a doozie, too! I decided to just keep going and maybe come back in a few minutes, or use another door or something, because I felt conspicuous turning around again.

Well, now just before I had turned around to exit, I noticed a nice young couple who had been walking toward me in the opposite direction. This was in the '80s, so the girl had that huge Jersey-style hairdo that we used to call "big hair", and the guy was Italian-american looking with a cool black leather jacket and a slicked back hair style that is reminiscent of the hair styles in "Grease".

So now, I'm walking toward the exit, and when this couple get to where the "offense" took place, I hear her say (you have to picture this whole conversation with a NY/NJ accent for the full effect), "VINNIE!". To which Vinnie replied "WHA'? Wha'd I do?" And then I heard her wisper in Vinnie's ear. Then Vinnie says out loud, "It wasn't me! I swear! I di'n't do nuthin'!", and she shushes him and wispers something else, and I could "feel" her pointing at me - even though I wasn't about to turn around and look to see what was going on.

I was mortified, and I could feel my face turning beat red, but after I thought about it a few seconds, I literally had to bite my tounge and hold my breath to keep from bursting out loud laughing.

So I get outside, and look over my shoulder, and they had turned the corner inside the store and were on their way, and I laughed out loud. People around me were looking at me like I was some kind of lunatic. So I just left and came back later.

markw51

The gangs of teenibopper cheerleaders during the month of February, all wearing their cheerleader outfits and walking thru the parks doing their cheers. Ugh.

sbkline

The gangs of teenibopper cheerleaders during the month of February, all wearing their cheerleader outfits and walking thru the parks doing their cheers. Ugh.

I can see how that would be annoying, but if we're talking about hot young cheerleaders in miniskirts, I don't think the term "grossed out" would be appropriate :lol:

Gucci65

I can see how that would be annoying, but if we're talking about hot young cheerleaders in miniskirts, I don't think the term "grossed out" would be appropriate :lol:

As the Mom of a 17 yr old cheerleader - I will say that 99% of our cheerleaders are fit and trim, especially since they are in the gym 5 days a week. They are toned beyond belief by the time we finish our season! They wash their uniforms, so they are not gross and most do not use a ton of hairspray.

So maybe you are saying the way some cheerleaders act is gross, but certainly not the way they look.

And KINGSTEFAN - thanks for the story you posted. It had me rolling on the floor. I am one of the few females who think potty humour is hysterial!:ROFLOL:

sbkline

As the Mom of a 17 yr old cheerleader - I will say that 99% of our cheerleaders are fit and trim, especially since they are in the gym 5 days a week. They are toned beyond belief by the time we finish our season! They wash their uniforms, so they are not gross and most do not use a ton of hairspray.

So maybe you are saying the way some cheerleaders act is gross, but certainly not the way they look.

*I* wasn't saying anything of the sort...the other guy was. I'm agreeing with you...I'm not gonna look at a group of young hotties in their cheerleader outfits and think "eww...yuck!". :D:ROFLOL:

DisneyPrincess5

Thankfully, I don't go to WDW in the summer anymore (WAY to hot), but I have been when it's 100 degrees.
It's gross when nasty, sweaty people get off a ride and leave their sweat marks behind, then you have to sit there where they sat...ewwwwwwie.

Prof. Aronnax

Here's my top 3:

1. Yeti Poo - Thankfully this effect is usually not working, a casualty of the B show. A close second, Yeti Dust Cropping, once again not always in working order. Though is it really dust cropping if he stands still and you are the one swooping through.

2. Inebriated Privateers - Some people will lay down in the street with any kind of filthy animal. If a pig had personality it would cease to be a filthy animal, and by that token so would the pirate.

3. Most of the sounds you hear in Sounds Dangerous, should you be unlucky enough to remove your headphones during the show.

epcotWSC

:lol: at this thread. People get grossed out by everything it seems. I don't recall anything grossing me out at WDW. Some things annoyed me, but that's all. Unless someone is running around naked (that's not a good looking female), someone smells bad, or there's just some really funky odor coming from somewhere, I don't tend to get grossed out. Well except for when people eat like slobs (mouths open, food all over their face, noises when they chew), but that's more of an annoyance than something that grosses me out.

Phonedave

2. Inebriated Privateers - Some people will lay down in the street with any kind of filthy animal. If a pig had personality it would cease to be a filthy animal, and by that token so would the pirate.

That would have to be one charming pig

of course ...

Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a ------. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ---, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

-dave

Gucci65

*I* wasn't saying anything of the sort...the other guy was. I'm agreeing with you...I'm not gonna look at a group of young hotties in their cheerleader outfits and think "eww...yuck!". :D:ROFLOL:

I know YOU were not saying anything bad, I was backing your statment up - just forgot to actually write that! (I get carried away sometimes, its a blonde thing)

tecowdw

Ditto- not to mention that most peoples feet are not attractive.

11.gif

Yuck.

Not just at Disney but...

Anyone that wears a sleeveless shirt, shirts or shorts that are too small or men that wear flip-flops.
:eek:

and

People with piercings on their face.
:hurl:

and

Obnoxious people.
:fork:

and

Maybe I should just stop there! :D

hrcollectibles

And whats wrong with cheerleaders in their uniforms.. Now granted the high school ones are young for me... But during ESPN the Weekend last year I do have to say I didn't mind seeing the NFL Cheerleaders at all

alecshawn

People that are WAAY to overweight for the SMALL amount of clothes. "excess body fat hanging out"
Especially in the water parks.
USE the mirror provided, look then think "do i look ok in this"
Skinny folks should also dress appropriate, this goes for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom