Things that gross you out in WDW.

lol.. or the ones that let one rip or a silent one and walk away and there you go walking right into the invisible funk. I have honestly been guilty of this. And I want to apologize to anyone that I may have attacked. ot hurt by my actions.

My husband is very very guilty of this.. He calls this practice "Crop Dusting"...

danpam1024

DH says people w/ big, visible, uncovered scabs at the water parks and pools...especially when you see them later and it's gone :eek::hurl::hurl:

DisneyJunkie

Or how about......when you're in one of those criss-cross ride queues where you're going through the maze and as you're walking in one direction the people in front of you are walking the other way so that you're looking at each other as you pass.......and you see the same person over and over walking around with a big booger inside his nose and he's oblivious to it! Nassssss-T.

DisneyJunkie

Along the lines of my last comment, about passing someone in line over and over who has a booger in their nose.......what about people who have food caught in their mustaches or beards?

sbkline

I hate to break it to you but this is common practice in health care facilities, We even teach it to the public, Utilizing a paper towel to turn off a faucet is as common as walking in the health care industry, No one needs therapy for it . Unless you think the CDC is all wrong about it.

Yes, I for one, think that they ARE all wrong about it. To say it again...for 30 years, I've been touching all these "germ infested" things, such as doorknobs, paper towel dispensers, etc. It hasn't caused me any trouble in 30 years, so I ain't gonna worry about it now, regardless of what some screwball organization says.

George

Liker of Things
Yes, I for one, think that they ARE all wrong about it. To say it again...for 30 years, I've been touching all these "germ infested" things, such as doorknobs, paper towel dispensers, etc. It hasn't caused me any trouble in 30 years, so I ain't gonna worry about it now, regardless of what some screwball organization says.

In one respect, you may be wrong and in another entirely right. It's a hard claim to say that in 30 years it hasn't given you any problems, unless you haven't had a viral or bacterial infection in those 30 years and that's unlikely. However, I think if you want to lessen your chances of sickness, then building up your immune system through constant exposure may not be a bad route. Really, to avoid sicknes you should either be a meticulous, bacteria killing neat freak or a complete slob who exposes themselves to everything. :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In one respect, you may be wrong and in another entirely right. It's a hard claim to say that in 30 years it hasn't given you any problems, unless you haven't had a viral or bacterial infection in those 30 years and that's unlikely. However, I think if you want to lessen your chances of sickness, then building up your immune system through constant exposure may not be a bad route. Really, to avoid sicknes you should either be a meticulous, bacteria killing neat freak or a complete slob who exposes themselves to everything. :lol:

I expose myself regularly, but thats a whole different subject

flydisco

I totally agree with you. Me and my wife actually get in arguments about her "germphobia". The sad thing is that she is always getting sick and I RARELY get sick. I tell her all the time that germs are good because they help build an immune system. I do not want my kids to be pigpens, but a little dirt never hurt;)

sbkline

Ya, in my 33 years, I've certainly had a few instances of stomach flu, little 24 hour bugs, etc...never anything very serious that I can remember...just things that pass within a day or less. Now, whether I caught them through touching a doorknob, or by walking through someone's sneeze cloud, I have no idea...I'm not sure if there's any way of proving just how someone catches those kinds of bugs.

But I was thinking earlier about one of those commercials on TV for some cleaning product, and they said on the commercial that your kitchen countertop has alot more bacteria on it than your toilet seat. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But if it is true, then that just goes to show all these germaphobes that germs and bacteria are everywhere and they are all around us everyday. There's not a thing we can do about it. So instead of fretting over every little germ that may be on that doorknob or on that countertop, or whatever, I'll just go about my life and not worry about it...I'm certainly not going to be spending my days opening doorknobs with paper towels and pushing doors open with my back. Like I said, to my knowledge, it hasn't really caused me much trouble in the past 30 years, so no reason for me to fret about it now.

But I've been blessed with good health. I've never really had any serious conditions. Just your basic, common ailments that we all get from time to time. But it is interesting to note, that I haven't been the most sanitary person all my life. When I was a little child, I had no qualms about pulling used gum out of public trash cans and chewing it. :hurl: If I drop food on the floor, I have no inhibitions about picking it up and eating it, and I have a reputation at work for being the one to eat anyone's leftover food off the breakroom table. I've never been one to take a whole lot of precautions against germs. Sometimes, when I see the "Jackson" character on Hannah Montana, I see a certain amount of myself in his sanitary habits...although he would definitely be a much more extreme version of me. Yet, for the most part, I've had pretty good health. So, from my POV anyway, shielding yourself from germs is totally unnecessary, and most likely, counterproductive.

Gucci65

AND.....one other time, in a non-Disney park near my home, we were there in the middle of summer and were waiting on a line for a ride. There had been some obnoxious and rowdy kids behind us in line. Anyway, I must have eaten something that disagreed with me because I'd been letting out SBDs most of that morning. So there we were on the line, about to move into the main building when I popped out a few in succession. (My wife and sister were aware of what I was doing......they agreed there was a high degree of funk to them.) The next thing we knew, someone in the group of kids behind us yelled out "Oh my god, someone smells like a**!" and I couldn't help it as my body shook with laughter. They must have knew it was me because another of the kids said something like "Dude, you gotta stop that, you're killin' us back here!".

Your story just had me rolling on the floor.

You are forgiven and I have since learned NOT to do anything with my hair except wash, dry and put up in a ponytail!!:lol:

BillyBuff

Gas....the human kind

Gas, flatulence, farts...it's tough when you're in line and it's quite warm too.

I also admit I'm guilty of it especially when there are children rough housing behind me and I get kicked a few times....so I let one loose. that somehow stopped their rough housing for a the moment. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom