Things that gross you out in WDW.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OK, I have to stop reading this thread because I feel like I'm going to vomit. In DHS last month this spanish speaking girl was cupping her hands and drinking water from the sink in the bathroom as her mom watched and was talking to her.
Water parks/public pools are also disgusting. You are literally taking a bath with a 1000 other people with their mucas, saliva, sweat, urine and in some cases poop. Yes, I am a pool snob having my own inground pool in my yard.
After my daughter got out of the hospital at the beginning of the summer her Dr.'s said no public pools for 2 months. So, what does that tell you??? I said believe me, that will not be happening!!!
A normal immune system will fight off any of the left over germs that a pool's chlorine hasn't already killed. Your Doctor was being cautious for your daughters well being, but after the risk of infection goes away she should be fine. The normal immune system needs to stay active in order to stay strong.

This is why I think that a lot of people are setting themselves up for illness by continuously using hand sanitizers and being so germaphobic.

HihisIsKari..

I hate watching people eat. Some of them don't know how to eat like civilized human beings. It's even worse with those awful turkey legs!

I also think hand sanitizer is extremely disgusting and I hate to see people using it. My biology teacher had us do an experiment with it to look at how much bacteria is actually on our hands. We compared it to how much bacteria is left when we wash them with regular hand soap and when we used hand sanitizer. Our hands contained a whole lot more bacteria with the hand sanitizer than with regular soap (not antibacterial). And guess what? I hardly get sick! :eek: Crazy. I know.

DisneyJunkie

I know that sometimes females like to wear the kinds of tops that look something like a cross between a t-shirt and a bathing suit top (where the straps will kind of intersect across their chest)......but last month when we were in WDW, we were talking behind this tall, obese girl who was wearing that kind of thing, and it wasn't right. We were behind her and it looked like she had her female parts on her back because of the backfat and the way the shirt was styled. It was nasty.

FrankLapidus

DHS seems to be the place for that. I used to work there and i can remember more than one instance of little kids peeing in the bushes by star tours and their parents seeing it and not even trying to stop them.:eek:

I've never seen anything like it before or since anywhere at WDW. I suppose if you do it in some bushes you're at least trying to be discreet but there's no justification for doing it in front of dozens of people in the middle of a busy street.

Slobby Bobby

Was at Epcot on Saturday and the B.O. was running on high and it wasn't even that hot out. I mentioned it to my wife and she had noticed it as well. We got stuck behind this elderly couple and it they smelled like they had peed their pants for a two or three days. It was bad. Lot's of people not using deodorant and just general uncleanliness. Sunday at BB numerous women in two piece suits with their belly hanging over their bikini bottoms. I was waiting in line at the top of the SS water slide and a skimpy thong wearing Brazilian dude was digging for gold. Actually, I guess he was evacuating both nostrils, rolling and flinging the contents onto the ground where people would be walking. After a few minutes of that, he proceeds to run his hands through his thick mane. It just turned my stomach. Later as the park closed, we were walking out and I stepped into the changing/restroom to relieve myself and the place was mobbed with guys changing and standing in line butt naked waiting for the showers. Really? You can't wait until you get back to your hotel room? Little boys running around the urinals and toilets without a stitch of clothing on and nasty water all over the floor. One of them slipped and his whole body was wiggling around on the nastiness. Finished up the trip by going to DHS yesterday and the pale skinned, overweight, black laced bra wearing honey's were out in full force. Sat behind one of these beauties at the car stunt show and she decided to blow on her child to cool him down. Her breath could have knocked over a mule - it's a wonder her child didn't pass out. You don't see it very often but I can emphathize with CM's when they are irritable - they have to deal with human filth day after day.

Ok. I'm over that.

WannaBWendy

Being from the South, we have a space consideration for other people. I call it my "hula hoop". I have noticed that large numbers of people are not aware that I carry this imaginary hula hoop with me. I don't like it when people come up behind me in line and get in my hula hoop, breathing down my neck. Eww.
AND HOW CAN ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CALL A WATER ROACH A LOVE BUG?????? I feel no love for them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Being from the South, we have a space consideration for other people. I call it my "hula hoop". I have noticed that large numbers of people are not aware that I carry this imaginary hula hoop with me. I don't like it when people come up behind me in line and get in my hula hoop, breathing down my neck. Eww.
AND HOW CAN ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CALL A WATER ROACH A LOVE BUG?????? I feel no love for them.
They are NOT the same thing... a water roach is a cockroach whereas a lovebug is actually a marchfly.

I agree about the hulahoop!

KingStefan

Funny that there are two things culturally related in the recent posts.

The hulahoop thing is definitely a local cultural thing. I call it a body-bubble. How big your body-bubble is depends on where you grew up and/or live now. I lived for a while in France. When I first got there, I don't know how many times somebody cut in front of me on line, because they simply didn't realize I was on the line, because I had my body-bubble with me. If you don't stand, like, a few inches from the person in front of you, people are going to get ahead of you not to be rude, but just because you left too much space, and they didn't know you were on line! When they do that to us in our country, it's creepy, because most people here don't understand.

The kids-peeing thing is also cultural. It's quite common for kids in France (and many other parts of Euorope) to do that (although the cut-off age for doing it right out in the open is usually 3 or 4 - 8 is more unusual) right out in the open and nobody minds. I often saw little ones held up by mom or dad over a sewer grate (lol!). Adults (mostly men) will do it, too, but more privately and discreetly, and usually only if there is not a good alternative.

Bairstow

OK, I have to stop reading this thread because I feel like I'm going to vomit. In DHS last month this spanish speaking girl was cupping her hands and drinking water from the sink in the bathroom as her mom watched and was talking to her.

How exactly is that different from drinking water from a water fountain?

DivePrincess

So I'm with the general population that say other guests are the worst- true story.. On our disneymoon we were on a bus to DTD all dressed up because we were heading to dinner and cirque. A family gets on because we stopped at one of the water parks, and they sat right across from us. The bus starts to move and the child (I'd say like 3-5 years old) stands up so the dad can change his soggy pull-ups, that are literally falling apart, in the middle of a moving bus. They put shorts on him and he sits back down. He then pulls his shorts down and starts picking pull-up particles off his "wee". He examines them carefully before wiping them on his moms leg, arm and on the seat.. Omg I wanted off that bus in the worst way. His mom and dad just proudly watched and said nothing.. Way to kill the disneymoon spirit! Lol :)

BryceM

I'm a vegetarian and seeing those turkey legs are god awful and disgusting. Even before I didn't eat meat I recognized them as obnoxious and gross.

Also, an elderly woman had an "accident" in her pants in front of Cinderella's castle. Now, I'm aware that she must've not had control, but the smell of feces combined with humidity and large, sweaty crowds was just awful. I wanted to vomit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom