Things that gross you out in WDW.

DisneyJunkie

20+ pages of posts and no one has mentioned the nasty birds at the Flame Tree BBQ eating area. Even worse, the people that feed those birds!!!

Turkey Legs?!? SERIOUSLY?!? Very surprising the negative response. I LOVE the turkey leg!!!

Anyone not like the Dole Whipp?!? If there are so many turkey leg haters out there, I'm sure there are Dole Whipp haters too.

I saw a post some time ago about a family that let a child relieve himself in line in a water bottle. That would have sent me over the edge. I'm really glad I didn't witness that personnally.

It's really funny to read this thread and read about the interesting "phobias" and personal peeves that people have.

Hey! I resemble that remark.......well the one about feeding the birds. If I'm eating a hot dog at Casey's, I tend to break off bits of hot dog bun or french fry and toss it to the birds. That in itself isn't gross.

But the turkey legs just look absolutely disgusting. It looks to me, when I see them, that someone has just killed a bird and then ripped off the leg and is gnawing on it. It's just so nasty.

Dole Whips? No, they're not nasty in the least.......but what they are is extremely overrated. It's nothing but pineapple sherbet, the likes of which I could pick up at Walmart or any grocery store. No exaggeration....it tastes exactly the same.

EpcoTim

Whats even more disgusting is the fact that they serve the "turkey" legs at typhoon lagoon. Granted I don't ever go there, but seeing that on the menu a few minutes ago made me nauseous.

Gucci65

Dole Whips? No, they're not nasty in the least.......but what they are is extremely overrated. It's nothing but pineapple sherbet, the likes of which I could pick up at Walmart or any grocery store. No exaggeration....it tastes exactly the same.

Blasphemy!!!!!

:lol:

EdwardNigma

Why is it only at amusment parks and zoos do you find the "Turkey" leg? There must be some reason McDonald's hasn't tried to captitalize on this. What makes someone say..."It's hot, and I'm thirsty and tired...hmm nothing like a tried out salty turkey leg!"

This is off topic but I just wanted to add: One reason my wife and I do it is cost. We go to only sit down restaurants the entire time we are in WDW except for our one lunch in the Animal Kingdom when we have a turkey leg. We buy a turkey leg and two drinks and it's by far the cheapest thing we eat/buy all week. We usually do it the afternoon of a day when we know we're going to have a big dinner.

danpam1024

The "turkey" legs.

1) Watching a family share one, each taking a bite and passing it down to the next person.
2) When it's 100 degrees outside and watching people just naw on them like they haven't eaten in weeks, getting the "turkey" juice on them as it drips off the "meat."
3) The smell of the "turkey" legs.
4) The meat inside the "turkey" legs is all pink looks severely undercooked, plus all those bones that look like splintered wood, sticking out in all directions.
5) The fact that I have to put the word "turkey" in quotation marks, because I don't think it's real "turkey" at all. More like ostrich or emu.

Basically I find EVERYTHING about the "turkey" legs absolutely disgusting, revolting, and vile. :hurl:
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

For some odd reason, I'M NOW CRAVING ONE:sohappy::lol::hammer:

dismedic

Originally Posted by kimmychad
and i completely agree with you about the germ phobia people have. for people to be worried enough about touching a sink faucet that they turn it off with a paper towel just amazes me. there's therapy out there for these folks. A friend of mine won't even touch the elevator buttons with his fingers, he uses a pen or pencil.
I hate to break it to you but this is common practice in health care facilities, We even teach it to the public, Utilizing a paper towel to turn off a faucet is as common as walking in the health care industry, No one needs therapy for it . Unless you think the CDC is all wrong about it.

Scooter

I think it's ironic that some people think Turkey legs are discusting, and yet some of these these same people Love Sushi. Stinky fish in rice that resembles fly larvae with Sea weed wrapped around it. Where does sea weed come from? A large body of water that all sea creatures (and in some cases humans) use for a toilet.:ROFLOL:

yankspy

I think it's ironic that some people think Turkey legs are discusting, and yet some of these these same people Love Sushi. Stinky fish in rice that resembles fly larvae with Sea weed wrapped around it. Where does sea weed come from? A large body of water that all sea creatures (and in some cases humans) use for a toilet.:ROFLOL:
Not to mention the sheer nastiness that comes out of some fish when you gut them. :hurl:

lbrad

________ floating in the pool that I've been swimming in!!!
Then being told you have to get out of the water for 30mins before you can return...who wants to return:shrug:

hrcollectibles

Some interesting phobias coming out of here...to OP, avoid Quentin Tarantino movies!

No one should avoid Quentin Tatantino films.. Well that's just my opinion.

The thing that grosses me out is the amount of Universal Studios, Sea World, Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens shirts I see people wearing...:ROFLOL:
Also These People Wearing their Red Sox and Yankees Jersey's...ewwww

hrcollectibles

:eek::(:cry:

Just do not walk by the Hammocks at the Polynesian at night..:lookaroun
:lol:

Sometimes you just have to be lovey dovey while there..

No major PDA but hand holding and little kisses every now and then need to be had while watching Wishes or strolling WS at night..:D

Great now I have to add the Hammocks at the Polynesian to my list:ROFLOL:

hrcollectibles

I had completely forgot this happened to us. Once in the pool at Coronado Springs (pool was packed and they evacuated everyone while we watched the 'floating present' drift by where we had just been swimming), and then once when a little boy (who I know couldn't help it, but it's still gross...) vomited in the pool near the exit stairs at ASMu's main pool.

Also, on a side note, one other thing is getting a towel or washcloth either already in the room or from Mousekeeping that has stains on it. I understand the tens of thousands of towels and washcloths they have to launder each day, but seeing one with a stain makes me wonder what it was in the first place....

Reminds of the seen at the Swimming pool in Caddyshack:ROFLOL:.. Maybe it was a candy bar?

When the heat and humidity really sinks in, the aroma from the trashcans just about knocks me over. The 3D glasses freak me out to-how often do they sanitize them, after every show or at the end of the day?

From what I understand they collect them and sanatize them everyday

NadieMasK2

Any and all handrails, but especially the red ropes in The Great Movie Ride. Since they are cloth, they cannot be wiped down and cleaned. Kids are always all over them. Runny nose juice, coughs, sneezes, unwashed potty hands, all soaked right up into those ropes. :hurl:

Also I hate opening doors in public. As a woman I am sooo grateful when a man holds the door for me so I don't have to grab the handle, but when I have to it really makes me cringe.

hrcollectibles

People farting in front of me in line on a hot summers day.

lol.. or the ones that let one rip or a silent one and walk away and there you go walking right into the invisible funk. I have honestly been guilty of this. And I want to apologize to anyone that I may have attacked. ot hurt by my actions.

wedway71

lol.. or the ones that let one rip or a silent one and walk away and there you go walking right into the invisible funk. I have honestly been guilty of this. And I want to apologize to anyone that I may have attacked. ot hurt by my actions.

I just blame my daughter or wife....

BTW- I noticed your in Ft Myers. I moved from there 3 years ago.Lived in Ft. Myers/ Cape Coral for almost 19 years.

kimmychad

Originally Posted by kimmychad
and i completely agree with you about the germ phobia people have. for people to be worried enough about touching a sink faucet that they turn it off with a paper towel just amazes me. there's therapy out there for these folks. A friend of mine won't even touch the elevator buttons with his fingers, he uses a pen or pencil.
I hate to break it to you but this is common practice in health care facilities, We even teach it to the public, Utilizing a paper towel to turn off a faucet is as common as walking in the health care industry, No one needs therapy for it . Unless you think the CDC is all wrong about it.

no need to break anything to me, they teach at our hospital to turn the faucet off with a paper towel. and they also say not to wash your hands in hot water, as it may break open your skin or something.

and yes I believe both of those are going overboard, and contribute to a society where people push the bathroom door open with their backs like their going into surgery, or wiping off the walmart shopping carts because they"re afraid to catch something. what people aren't being told is that the hand sanitizers on the walls in hospitals and elsewhere don't affect certain germs, they require soap and water scrubbing action to combat them.

if you want to come into an operating room with me sometime I'll show you what nurses and doctors do everyday and im pretty sure it's not cdc approved.

yankspy

no need to break anything to me, they teach at our hospital to turn the faucet off with a paper towel. and they also say not to wash your hands in hot water, as it may break open your skin or something.

and yes I believe both of those are going overboard, and contribute to a society where people push the bathroom door open with their backs like their going into surgery, or wiping off the walmart shopping carts because they"re afraid to catch something. what people aren't being told is that the hand sanitizers on the walls in hospitals and elsewhere don't affect certain germs, they require soap and water scrubbing action to combat them.

if you want to come into an operating room with me sometime I'll show you what nurses and doctors do everyday and im pretty sure it's not cdc approved.

Great. That is just what I want to hear when I am about to spend a couple of days in a hospital.:lol:

DisneyJunkie

That is exactly what grosses me out OR walking thru someone's fart cloud in Epcot and have an immediate frizz out of your hairdo.

I have to raise my hand and admit guilt. A few weeks ago on our trip, the first 5 days or so were great weather-wise, very sunny and very warm......but the last two days were cold and rainy. It was one evening in Epcot when I felt those stirrings within my belly. We were trying to escape the cold for a little while so my wife and I went into MouseGears, which was apparently the same idea for many others because it was PACKED in there.

ANYWAY......we were moseying around the store, looking for things to buy with the $200 gift card we got when we checked into our resort. So there we are trying to make our way around the place and around other people, when the bottom just dropped out and I let loose the dreaded SBD (in fact, one of my personal worst). It so happened we were in a bottleneck of people at the time and couldn't move forward, but once that thing eeked out, the path behind us miraculously began to clear. Imagine that! :lol:

AND.....one other time, in a non-Disney park near my home, we were there in the middle of summer and were waiting on a line for a ride. There had been some obnoxious and rowdy kids behind us in line. Anyway, I must have eaten something that disagreed with me because I'd been letting out SBDs most of that morning. So there we were on the line, about to move into the main building when I popped out a few in succession. (My wife and sister were aware of what I was doing......they agreed there was a high degree of funk to them.) The next thing we knew, someone in the group of kids behind us yelled out "Oh my god, someone smells like a**!" and I couldn't help it as my body shook with laughter. They must have knew it was me because another of the kids said something like "Dude, you gotta stop that, you're killin' us back here!".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom