The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Whelp, was out with a friend and my car battery decided to die. Thankfully, I called my uncle, who was 10 minutes away, and he came and jump started it. Then he got this from me when I got home and was completely relieved.
tenor.gif

Cute! And so sorry. :grumpy:

Where are you with all that new car stuff? :rolleyes:

Gabe1

Do you remember the old fruit and cheese platters at Starbucks? They’ve been gone almost 8-9 years now.. but they were my daily breakfast for so long.. I was crushed when they stopped selling them. ;)

But.. I was thrilled when they came out with the boxes last year! We stop at Starbucks for food quite often when running around and need fast food.. they have a great protein tray, T and I both love it. I can’t remember if you’re vegan or vegetarian, (edit- nm I think you’re vegetarian if I remember correctly). Price of a McDonald’s meal, but so much better!

I love ThanksGiving Sandwiches. Starbucks was the first place I had one years and years ago. Then Earl had them. Love them too but not nearly as good as Starbucks.

The thing I don't care for about Starbucks is the food is not fresh. It is all shipped in on trucks with racks of trays, all in plastic bags or plastic boxes. The expiration dates are very long from breakfast to sandwiches. That is where I believe panara has it over Starbucks. Panara may have some frozen stuff then baked on site but it isn't sitting around forever and day from warehouse to store to consumer.

Gabe1

Like it would have been real difficult for them to switch out the meat and use hummus instead. :confused:They must have some left over from The Lighthouse sandwich somewhere.;):hilarious:

I am not without empathy. I have a kid with allergy issues. The kiosks places like Gastons throughout WDW seem to offer either one vegetarian item and then they are out. Their menus are very very small. Roaring Forks on the other hand is beyond annoying as salad is the only other option for vegan. Even the Salads you have to ask them to omit the chicken breast (whole breast, not sliced) that is plopped ontop the salad bowl. That is their QS venue for a Deluxe Hotel. They need to do better. Parks at least there are many choices.

Gabe1

Pretty sure they're doing it on purpose not just to "prevent the trees block the view to the castle".

They are actively pushing people into restaurants and shops.
Same with the removal of places to sit down. They want you IN the shops or IN the restaurants. Not out eating freely.

???? Trees were part of the original imagineering, forced prospective. Now it is a castle plopped down at the end of the asphalt street. It was suppose to be a retro of Main Street USA, that included trees.

Gabe1

For those of you who don't use any coupons at WDW, just skip over this post.

For the others, I know recently someone asked about coupons in Birnbaums--I just bought the 2018 book this morning. The list is below, and I put DS, if the coupon is only valid at Disney Springs or the Markeplace/DS:

DS - Ghiradelli: $1.00 off a sundae or 10% off a chocolate purchase
DS (MARKETPLACE only) - Earl of Sandwich - 10% off
DS (MARKETPLACE only) - Wolfgang Puck (Express) -- FREE CHILD'S MEAL (with purchase of 1 adult meal) -- @dryerlintfan , I thought of you with this one, in case you go there with your daughter

Joffreys: 20% off any food & beverage at ANY kiosk in parks (note: alcohol excluded)

DS - Sprinkles - free ice cream topping with each iice cream purchase
DS West Side - Wetzel's Pretzels -- Free pretzel when you purchase 2 of equal value
DS West Side -- House of Blues - 20% off lunch or 10% off dinner (up to 8 guests/excludes alcohol)
DS West Side - House of Blues (separate coupon for merchandise - 15% off $30 purchase)
DS - Raglan Road - 20% off Lunch
DS - Raglan Road - (separate coupon for merchandise) - 15% off
DS - Bongo - 15% off lunch and dinner (up to 8 guests) alcohol excluded
DS - Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' - free slice of Shine Cake or Hummningbird Cake (with purchase of meal or appetizer)
DS - Planet Hollywood - 15% off food & beverage (excludes alcohol) valid from 11 AM-4 PM only
DS - Paddlefish - 10% off food & beverage (excludes alcohol)

DS - FREE Train or Carousel ride with purchase of one ride (@dryerlintfan --you and daughter :) )
DS - Erwin Pearl - $25 off purchase of $150 or more
DS - Basin (all locations WDW) - 15% off
DS - Duncan - 20% off
DS - L'occitane en Provence - 10% off (plus complimentary hand massage & mini facial)
DS - Sephora - free mini-makeover & free cosmetic sample
DS West Side - Curl - 10% off merchandise
DS - Paradisio 37 - 10% off food only at lunch or dinner
DS - Pop Gallery - 10% off entire purchase
DS - Superdry - 15% off purchase
DS - Vera Bradley $30 off purchase of $125 or more
DS - Edward Beiner - 15% off eyewear purchase plus free lens cleaning
DS - havaianas - 20% off
DS - Melissa - 10% off
DS - Levi's - 20% off one item

DS - UGG - complimentary Swarovski customization with any purchase (up to $35 value) This is an odd coupon

Magic Strollers - $5 off single or double stroller rental
Owner's Locker - $75 savings, one time membership fee waived for Birnbaum's
Arribas Brothers in MK - 10% off purchase

EPCOT - China Pavilion - Nine Dragons Restaurant, Lotus Blossom Cafe, & merchandise - 10% off
EPCOT - Spice Road Table - Food, beverage, (not alcohol) for lunch and dinner) & merchandise - 10% off
EPCOT - Restaurant Marrakesh - 10% off food and beverage (excludes alcohol) for lunch & dinner
DS West Side - Splitsville - 10% off bowling and shoe rental

EPCOT - Dolphins in Depth - 10% off admission
EPCOT - Behind the Seeds Tour (The Land) - 15% off (for up to 10 guests)
EPCOT - Aqua Tour - 10% off admission

2-hour WDW Guided Fishing Excursion for up to 5 people - 20% off
WDW GOLF - Free Same Day Replay with purchase of a Tee Time (valid Disney's Palm, Magnolia & Lake B.V.)

ALAMO - Free upgrade (valid: Shades of Green, Orlando Airport, Hilton at DS, Disney Car Care Center, Dolphin)
Sammy Duvall - 15% off watersports

I have purchased Birnbaum for decades, back to the days when Steve was still alive and Birnbaum being the only on property guide book to Disney World. So....have you noticed over the years the coupons are becoming less and less appealing overall too???

Cesar R M

Guardians is a great film (1st was better) but if the first two Thor's didn't crack jokes, you don't expect the third one to in the whole movie. They try too hard with the jokes. It's almost forced. I'm more into the dry British humour. I will never watch Airplane or the Police Academy movies which my dad loves. :rolleyes:

I would say the "best" scene out of the start and the end (ie...the Jeff Goldblum part) was Thor's 2 second shirtless scene. And that's not saying much.
We're complete opposites then.

I hate British style comedies (Infact, loathe series like little Britain) while loving Airplane and Police Academy.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Whelp, was out with a friend and my car battery decided to die. Thankfully, I called my uncle, who was 10 minutes away, and he came and jump started it. Then he got this from me when I got home and was completely relieved.
tenor.gif
Christ.. are we seriously soul mates?
My battery died YESTERDAY!! and I just got a new one today! As soon the sun is out, I will replace it with the new one..

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks for asking.
It is as healed as it is going to get.
I could not sketch properly at my drafting table at work with the thing the doc gave me, so I just basically quit wearing it, so it stayed crooked when it healed.
As I posted earlier, I can still play my guitar and it isn't giving me any other problems, so it is just going to have to stay that way.
I'm happy you're not in pain but the mom in me says do one more follow up just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom