The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Apparently the big snowstorm decided to hang out at sea last night. We're now only expected to receive maybe an inch--with some off and on snow (not really sticking) today. Oh well . . . :facepalm:

Sympathy like.

It just feels so weird giving somebody a "sympathy like" because they didn't get enough snow...unless they were on a ski trip, maybe...?!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

I'm sure this will sound gross to everyone, but we bought the kid window markets for her Easter basket and it made us really sad. It means we'll have to finally wash the nose marks off the window from our dog that died three and a half years ago. If you're waiting for that feeling to go away before getting a new dog, you may never get a new dog again.

Sympathy like for y'all too.
Yep, we've had 10 dogs over the years...the 2 we currently have plus 8 others, and as many as 3 at a time.
It's pretty safe to say we're kinda' a pup family...! ;)

donaldtoo

I looked at their menu the other day and it has gotten much smaller with very few options for vegetarians and kids.
View attachment 271666
There are 3 flatbread choices, but none are appealling to me. It also had assorted ready to go sandwiches and bakery choices. The kids menu only has nuggets and an uncrustable pb&j We probably won’t go their this trip.

Don't blame you.
That's a pretty skimpy menu.

MySmallWorldof4

For those of you who don't use any coupons at WDW, just skip over this post.

For the others, I know recently someone asked about coupons in Birnbaums--I just bought the 2018 book this morning. The list is below, and I put DS, if the coupon is only valid at Disney Springs or the Markeplace/DS:

DS - Ghiradelli: $1.00 off a sundae or 10% off a chocolate purchase
DS (MARKETPLACE only) - Earl of Sandwich - 10% off
DS (MARKETPLACE only) - Wolfgang Puck (Express) -- FREE CHILD'S MEAL (with purchase of 1 adult meal) -- @dryerlintfan , I thought of you with this one, in case you go there with your daughter

Joffreys: 20% off any food & beverage at ANY kiosk in parks (note: alcohol excluded)

DS - Sprinkles - free ice cream topping with each iice cream purchase
DS West Side - Wetzel's Pretzels -- Free pretzel when you purchase 2 of equal value
DS West Side -- House of Blues - 20% off lunch or 10% off dinner (up to 8 guests/excludes alcohol)
DS West Side - House of Blues (separate coupon for merchandise - 15% off $30 purchase)
DS - Raglan Road - 20% off Lunch
DS - Raglan Road - (separate coupon for merchandise) - 15% off
DS - Bongo - 15% off lunch and dinner (up to 8 guests) alcohol excluded
DS - Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' - free slice of Shine Cake or Hummningbird Cake (with purchase of meal or appetizer)
DS - Planet Hollywood - 15% off food & beverage (excludes alcohol) valid from 11 AM-4 PM only
DS - Paddlefish - 10% off food & beverage (excludes alcohol)

DS - FREE Train or Carousel ride with purchase of one ride (@dryerlintfan --you and daughter :) )
DS - Erwin Pearl - $25 off purchase of $150 or more
DS - Basin (all locations WDW) - 15% off
DS - Duncan - 20% off
DS - L'occitane en Provence - 10% off (plus complimentary hand massage & mini facial)
DS - Sephora - free mini-makeover & free cosmetic sample
DS West Side - Curl - 10% off merchandise
DS - Paradisio 37 - 10% off food only at lunch or dinner
DS - Pop Gallery - 10% off entire purchase
DS - Superdry - 15% off purchase
DS - Vera Bradley $30 off purchase of $125 or more
DS - Edward Beiner - 15% off eyewear purchase plus free lens cleaning
DS - havaianas - 20% off
DS - Melissa - 10% off
DS - Levi's - 20% off one item

DS - UGG - complimentary Swarovski customization with any purchase (up to $35 value) This is an odd coupon

Magic Strollers - $5 off single or double stroller rental
Owner's Locker - $75 savings, one time membership fee waived for Birnbaum's
Arribas Brothers in MK - 10% off purchase

EPCOT - China Pavilion - Nine Dragons Restaurant, Lotus Blossom Cafe, & merchandise - 10% off
EPCOT - Spice Road Table - Food, beverage, (not alcohol) for lunch and dinner) & merchandise - 10% off
EPCOT - Restaurant Marrakesh - 10% off food and beverage (excludes alcohol) for lunch & dinner
DS West Side - Splitsville - 10% off bowling and shoe rental

EPCOT - Dolphins in Depth - 10% off admission
EPCOT - Behind the Seeds Tour (The Land) - 15% off (for up to 10 guests)
EPCOT - Aqua Tour - 10% off admission

2-hour WDW Guided Fishing Excursion for up to 5 people - 20% off
WDW GOLF - Free Same Day Replay with purchase of a Tee Time (valid Disney's Palm, Magnolia & Lake B.V.)

ALAMO - Free upgrade (valid: Shades of Green, Orlando Airport, Hilton at DS, Disney Car Care Center, Dolphin)
Sammy Duvall - 15% off watersports
Think that was me. I get the same discounts with the AP so no reason to spend money on the book. Thanks for the info!:)

donaldtoo

Still sad lookin' across the way at our ex-Disney Store. That store had been in this mall since it opened in '95.
It was one of the old "pink and green" stores, and, boy howdy, did it have some incredible theming in it! So many figurines and sets! Hidden Mickey's that I found and hipped fellow CMs to 'cause they didn't even know they were a thing...!
So sad to think about what happened to it all... :(

Here are a coupla' images of the Store I grabbed off the interwebs...sorry, the first one is not very good quality, but, the second one has my beloved (albeit a messy one ;)) Plush Mountain in it.....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh.. I’m not advocating laziness! I’ve always been thin and active (until the past 6-7months).. I just don’t run a full marathon, tough mudders, triathlon, and a bourbon run per year.lol.. I have 0 desire to do all of that. With my sis, it was the extremity of her training has messed with her cycle throughout her life...never had one without birth control to help. She had a really tough time getting pregnant with her first, it took almost 2 years due to her not ovulating. Her doctor told her to scale back on her training a bit, and took hormones.. she finally got pregnant, so all was good.
With her second child she ran a half marathon at 22 weeks pregnant, doctor said that was fine. Now she’s done having kids so she can safely go back to her obnoxious training. ;)
I will do a full sometime in the next 2 years.. I just can’t ever find the time to train for it these days.

No worries, didn't take it that way.

My Dad was a full marathon'r He believed anything less than 12 miles to train or a race less than a marathon was a waste. :rolleyes: He didn't start running until his AARP years and ran his First Boston Marathon at 65.
Skip ahead a few years, totaled two knees, 2 hips, had issues with his feet and back pain.

Our bodies compress enough with age, our feet become tired more easily and our joints are not what they once were. He did speed up his aging process. My son still though proudly displays my Dad crossing the Boston finish line of his Papa along with my Dad in Korea with one foot in North Korea, One in South Korea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom