The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Really? I found it to be the best of the series. It was hilarious.. very guardians of the galaxy esque.
Not a fan of super serious films.. (hence why I hated the #2)

Guardians is a great film (1st was better) but if the first two Thor's didn't crack jokes, you don't expect the third one to in the whole movie. They try too hard with the jokes. It's almost forced. I'm more into the dry British humour. I will never watch Airplane or the Police Academy movies which my dad loves. :rolleyes:

I would say the "best" scene out of the start and the end (ie...the Jeff Goldblum part) was Thor's 2 second shirtless scene. And that's not saying much.

donaldtoo

Ha ha! That’s so cute!!! They’re so stupid.. they run in to people’s cars. I’m always so scared of hitting/being hit by one.

Fortunately, I've only had car encounters with deer twice.
Once, we were comin' home from my MILs place about 10 miles away on a main highway.
Just as I approached a certain part of the road, a buck comes out of the tall grass on the side and stops and turns it's head at the car just before it steps all the way in front of us. I had no time to start to turn away or even get my foot on the brake before the antlers on the right side of it's head made contact with the hood and the passenger side mirror. Made a horrific sound! We drove down the road a bit to pull over in a parking lot to check the damage...a scratch on the hood, and having to pop the mirror back into place was the only damage. It was a divided highway so we never took the time to loop all the way back around to check on what might have happened to the deer.

The other time was on a two-lane winding hill country road down by the lake just a few miles from here, again at night.
I was cruising through a turn at about 30-35 mph when it just darted out in front of me. I caught it's hind quarters on the drivers side and spun it around. I turned around a bit up the road where I could find a place and went back, but, it was nowhere to be found. It wasn't a very hard impact, but, it did leave a small wrinkle in my drivers side quarter panel that I was not too happy about.

One of my youngest bros good friends hit one at highway speed many years ago and the insurance company ended totaling out his car it was so badly damaged.

At certain times of the year 'round here, they're are so many of them near or on the side of the road dead.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
What stuck out in this photo were all the trees.

Here's what I don't get. Since so many (not all) trees have been removed all over the parks, did no one in management ever realize that in the hot Florida heat, just maybe SHADE might help to lower the temperature? I'm thinking that shade trees, especially near any of the buildings, restaurants, etc., would help to lower A/C costs in the parks.

BOG is nasty. Can't believe they didn't add trees to the queue to enter restaurant. Almost every time I pass the line goes clearly over the foot bridge. In the hot rainy months Disney puts out umbrellas for rain and sun along with vats of water.

Can't find one of my photos so I snarf'd this one...it is nasty when it is hot and humid, you are hungry and they are running 30 minutes behind ADR times by noon when only open an hour. :rolleyes:
MK-Sunday-85-1024x678.jpg

21stamps

Its surprising how many people like Mexican food or mexican drinks in this forum XD

Well, the photo below shows the typical size of my margaritas ;)...but tonight I was driving, and bowling..so I ordered a small. We love Mexican food!

We had a wonderful night! Bowled 4 games then went out for ice cream..just got home at 11. I wanted to take advantage of soccer being cancelled tomorrow, sometimes late nights are necessary. :)

451A0516-879B-481D-A2E6-3518B3910908.jpeg

Last edited:

Gabe1

I know! Is it that difficult to not put meat on a sandwich? Besides, even when I was an omnivore, on a hot day I would usually go for a vegetarian type dish. The fruit and cheese plate is not my thing. And for kids, they should have a simpler sandwich like just turkey and cheese. My kids do not do uncrustables and I don't blame them. Yuck!

Giggle. I think my son ate uncrustables for breakfast everyday he was in college for morning classes. I'd buy them by the case at Sam's Club. Fortunately those boys had very little stuff in the freezer anyhow and frozen pizzas lay flat. :joyfull: And who would get up 2 minutes earlier to make a peanut butter/jelly sandwich? :eek:

Last edited:

Gabe1

BOG-Alert Holding ADRs Starting May 27 or later????????

Hearing that BOG menu will change May 27 to July 27 in preparation for a menu overhaul that completely goes into effect July 27!!!

That's all for now..........

Gabe1

So I was thinking about food and came across the article of "Foods foreigners think are weird" and one was grits.

I got the Shrimp and Grits are the Flower and Garden festival. It was good but the grits do nothing. I had grits on the side (it came with the meal) at a restaurant in DC once and didn't care for it. I just think people south of the Mason Dixon line enjoy it.

I vowed on my September long trip last year while on the dining plan I was going to try lots of new to me foods plus at F & W

For breakfast at the Wilderness Roaring Forks I ordered a grits with stuff added at Roar'n forks. We don't really do too many grits up North in the Midwest. I put some in my mouth....:in pain:....tried exactly 2 more times, got up, pitched it in the garbage can went back and ordered a kids Mickey Waffle with bacon.:hungry:
So much better in my mouth! :hungry:

Gabe1

I was only 19 years old when that song came out... :cyclops:

19 means nothing to some....have you seen the white weddings or the litter of grandchildren the Duggard children have already produced?

On a whole we collectively seem to be a tad late to the party.....:cautious:

Gabe1

My kids were just slamming doors and I yelled at them for doing that, and then I remembered your finger. How is it doing?

Oy. Door slamming works on my last nerve. Result we never had door slammers unless it was an accident. I even put slam cushions on my kitchen and bath cabinets. Something about the sound...and often the temper that went with it all.

And @figmentfan423 might appreciate. Once when my DS wouldn't clean his room (it was nasty) no matter what timeline I gave him...an early teen I took the door to the garage. Told him he could have his door back when he cleaned his room. *TADA* Cleaned. :joyfull:

Gabe1

It was one kid chasing the other, and the one ran to hide in her room and slammed the door. Then someone cries because so and so doesn't want to play with her. :rolleyes: Sorry about your finger though.

Remember those days...I enjoyed them growing up but I am quite content with them being young adults and all that 'mentoring' behind me. I genuinely enjoy my time with them as adults without all that Mom stuff left in yesteryear. Wouldn't trade it for anything but I am content having 'adult' kids. :happy:

Gabe1

That is fine with me. Hubs usually wears a nice pair of khakis a polo shirt and I wear nice capris and a nice blouse when we go hear or any signature. However we have seen people in tank tops and shorts.

We did wear tee shirts and shorts to the Yachtsman once, but that was because we went on the day we arrived and our luggage hadn't been delivered by the time we had to go. We probably should have packed our nice clothes in our carry on, which we did this last trip for our ressie at Jiko.

We don't do a lot of signature restaurants a few here and there so if we are doing one we do it right. Honestly though our DME transfer luggage has come later and later over the years. Disney is going to have to accept that if they deliver the luggage guests are going to be a bit more casual on their first days. Still I am the type of person that dresses for the event, I am uncomfortable overdressed for an occasion, more uncomfortable if underdressed.

Gabe1

Especially with the open-style of the sandwiches in Gabe's photo -- they could easily do one with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil with a little Italian dressing, Or, they could offer a sandwich with hummus as a base, with sliced tomaoes, etc. Not rocket science, people.

And even "omnivores" like myself ;) really do like VARIETY in food, and I don't eat meat for every single meal.

I'll bet they get complaints from guests. Always feel bad for the CMs on the front lines, who take the brunt of this. :(

Gaston's is almost like a Kiosk with indoor ordering and a teeny tiny bit of seating. Nothing beyond the cinnamon roll seems to stay and their signature beverage. They have an ever rotating menu. Its signature was the beef shank originally and was a gluten free. They moved onto Beef Stew that was gluten free and it was really good. Now with warmer weather they moved onto sandwiches. Most Grab and Go. In that immediate area there are so many kiosks from Friar Nook, Story Book and Cheshire Cat along with Pinocchio BOG and Cosmic for QS meals. Lots to fill the needs of everyone in Fantasyland.

As a family when we were picking out tasty things from QS to Kiosks we often picked different snacks or QS. Given all the outside seating in Fantasyland and the new FLE it is only a few steps to get everyone what they want. We use to do that with the little market in Liberty Square and sit on a wall or those park benches of yesteryear. My days of eating on a wall are long gone though. I want A/C and a table with chairs. Likely why I do more desserts and beverages at F&W and F&G in Epcot. So past eating steak out of a paper bowl with a plastic knife and fork in the heat and humidity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom