Tan lines or it didn't happen - a (patchy) Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Wonder.

Hey my lovelies!

I have a teaser post for you all – it’s a busy week for me with school (three midterms, yucky). Be aware that I’d so much rather recap the trip instead!

Long story short, WONDERful time on our Mexican Riviera cruise. Despite a pesky flu bug and some windy days, the Wonder suited us perfectly. Lauren and I definitely converted Rachael – she’ll be back. The magic is contagious.

We had some awesome servers (Desmond and Monika) and Glen, our stateroom host, was a total lifesaver – not to mention trooper.. our room looked like a bomb shelter. The cast was UNREAL – performers and character interactions.. including a special surprise on the last day that you definitely want to stay tuned for. Lauren and I almost had to be sedated.

The one let down? I miss Captain Henry!

Just a little taste:

DSC00338.jpg

Adventures away!

DSC00397.jpg

Sun, please.

DSC00442.jpg

Prepare for 1800 pictures from formal night..

DSC00500.jpg

Souffle.

DSC00513.jpg

ARRR.

IMG_5917.jpg

Do you want a Mexican boyfriend? Bodyguard?

DSC00595.jpg

So much love for this background.

DSC00631.jpg

The finale you’ll never believe!

Keep an eye out early next week!

enchanted_belle

Yay updates... good timing, I was actually about to do some work at work. The thought of the ordeal! :lol:

Aw, I love how wonderful you are! I'm still excited too - the fam called last night to congratulate me and tell me how much fun they had on the Tower - nice guys. Let's have tea together? Maybe invite Alice and Mary Poppins and Kelly?

yes, I approve of this tea party! I think we should invite Chip too... definitely Chip. :)

February 24 – Cabo

I went to Palo, I was a Pirate – I AM GOING INTO MEXICO IF IT KILLS ME.

awwww you went to port on ma birfday! WOOOOOOOO.

IMG_5917-1.jpg

OUTSIDE STARBUCKS

Can I steal these... way too cute beyond words! <3

Anyway, our favourite backdrop was out again – it was semi-formal, Captain’s night – and there was no one around. Score. It was time for a photo shoot, and I will now bombard you with our gorgeousness for 10 pictures (because that’s all I’m allowed in one post).

DSC00576.jpg

POZEZ

I want that backdrop... it matches my room to a freaking T. No lie. I have that same print on my footstool at the edge of my bed. :king:

Soaringirl

Hi - I'm really enjoying your trip report! I love the way you write -
makes me feel right there with you.

It looks like you and your friends had so much fun (despite the flu days -that's not fair!) in all your beautiful dresses with your pretty selves!
The shows look amazing, and the food... yummyness..

I just love Glen! How nice was he? Taking care of you - checking on you?!
Like your very own Prince Charming.

Agree with the tea- Tetley orange pekoe totally rocks.

Congratulations on your new degree! I'm sure you put a lot of hard work into school and you should be very proud!!

Oh, and I thought you looked very sweet in the Princess Pose.

Thanks for sharing your adventures once again!!!!
Gloria

WishIWasAtWDW

loving the trip report so far, kenzie! i'm glad i finally had time to read this. so much to comment on so here goes...

you all have such cute bathing suits! by any chance did you get the purple strapless bathing suit from target? i just bought one that looks just like it from target.

and i love all of your dresses but your sparkly dress is my favorite! i love forever 21 and i always feel so silly buying clothes from there since i am 26 but they just have such cute stuff!

i love the part where the other people at your table were trying to convince the server that it was your birthday and you were not having it. i also hate having people since me happy birthday at restaurants. when i was 7 my parents told the waiter it was my birthday and i hid under the table and cried while the waiters sang to me. :lol: that experience has traumatized me for life apparently. so i felt your panic as you were describing that dinner.

wes also thinks i am a little crazy for going on these forums and for writing trip reports. whenever i talk about people from here i always say "my friend did this" and then eventually i say "you know, from my forum" he just shakes his head and laughs at me.

i totally am with you about sleeping rather than going to the gym. there is no way i would choose to go to the gym on vacation if i have the option to nap. good choice.

that stinks that you got sick on your cruise! talk about major bummer. i am glad that you got to go to mexico for at least one day of your trip.

all of your photo shoot pictures are hilariously wonderful! it makes me want to go on a cruise with a bunch of my girlfriends so i can have a photo shoot. :lol:

amazing trip report!! can't wait to read more.

mamamouse

aew yay the sleeping beauty is better ,I like that.If my youngest saw your cover up she'd say it's "pop"century" i love it it's super cute!!! Sorry you can't hand in WDW in SEptember that stinks,if only tink could dust u up n u could go n come back real fast.:shrug:

erstwo

Life is so crazy here, I feel like I can hardly follow along! :( Deep sadness.

I am SO SORRY that you were sick. Such a bummer. But I am so glad you had a nice steward and you were able to snuggle up in a comfy bed. That makes it so much better!

So glad you didn't get attacked by any of your Mexican boyfriends. :) It's those guys that make me nervous for the 3 of you! :( Scary guys, please go away! :D

I think your tie dyed cover up gift is so cute!

I'm taking notes on the hair stuff. I am a girl with stick straight hair, who comes from a long line of women with stick straight hair (want a mental picture of what my mom looked like circa 1975? Picture Marsha Brady with about 4 more inches of long straight hair! Ha!) who has a daughter with CURLY hair! I am so out of my comfort zone here and I have this terrible fear that my poor daughter will look back on her younger years and curse me for her frizzy, 'not well cared for' curls. I'll take any advice you can give! Seriously. :cool: So did the diffuser give you those curls naturally? Or did you have to use a curling iron after the diffuser?

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Yay updates... good timing, I was actually about to do some work at work. The thought of the ordeal! :lol:

yes, I approve of this tea party! I think we should invite Chip too... definitely Chip.

Clearly not an option NOT to - Mrs. Potts as well?

awwww you went to port on ma birfday! WOOOOOOOO.

Yayy, I could feel the magic!

Can I steal these... way too cute beyond words! <3

Aren't they great? La got them for 10$!

I want that backdrop... it matches my room to a freaking T. No lie. I have that same print on my footstool at the edge of my bed.

I looove it, I wish I had it in my room. One wall that, and then the other three painted a sweet turquoise colour..

Hi - I'm really enjoying your trip report! I love the way you write -
makes me feel right there with you.

It looks like you and your friends had so much fun (despite the flu days -that's not fair!) in all your beautiful dresses with your pretty selves!
The shows look amazing, and the food... yummyness..

I just love Glen! How nice was he? Taking care of you - checking on you?!
Like your very own Prince Charming.

Agree with the tea- Tetley orange pekoe totally rocks.

Congratulations on your new degree! I'm sure you put a lot of hard work into school and you should be very proud!!

Oh, and I thought you looked very sweet in the Princess Pose.

Thanks for sharing your adventures once again!!!!
Gloria

Thanks for the kind words, Gloria. We really did have a fabulous trip and you've got the reasons nailed - dresses, food, and shows! And Glen, of course. I'm glad I overcame the flu and made it to Mexico!

When I'm always I always miss my Tetley - I usually get almost to the airport before I realize I forgot to take it with me.. my grandparents always travel with their favourite tea - maybe I'm just 75 at heart!

loving the trip report so far, kenzie! i'm glad i finally had time to read this. so much to comment on so here goes...

you all have such cute bathing suits! by any chance did you get the purple strapless bathing suit from target? i just bought one that looks just like it from target.

The purple strapless and orange strapless are both from Victoria's Secret - we ordered when everything went on sale before the new stock came in! I got them for 10$ each - they're great ones! We went into Target and I wanted to buy suits so bad - they have AWESOME ones.. clearly, I didn't need any so I restrained myself, but it was hard!

and i love all of your dresses but your sparkly dress is my favorite! i love forever 21 and i always feel so silly buying clothes from there since i am 26 but they just have such cute stuff!

Pshhh 26 years YOUNG! F21 has the best stuff and it's inexpensive - sometimes you have to dig though. We don't have one anywhere around so most of the time I order online - which can get dangerous. I lucked out with the sparkle dress because fit well and it wasn't super short (AKA "standing only" dress).

i love the part where the other people at your table were trying to convince the server that it was your birthday and you were not having it. i also hate having people since me happy birthday at restaurants. when i was 7 my parents told the waiter it was my birthday and i hid under the table and cried while the waiters sang to me. :lol: that experience has traumatized me for life apparently. so i felt your panic as you were describing that dinner.

I was freaking out. I mentioned to Andrew that we should go for wings with his friends on my birthday, and he told me that Drew would let the whole bar know I was turning 22 - I was like, okay pass. Maybe we'll jsut go with us.. ahahah

wes also thinks i am a little crazy for going on these forums and for writing trip reports. whenever i talk about people from here i always say "my friend did this" and then eventually i say "you know, from my forum" he just shakes his head and laughs at me.

Hahaha I tried to explain the "Friendship" thing to Andrew and he's just like - um Kenz, you don't know these people. WELL FINE. WHATEVER. Someday I might!

i totally am with you about sleeping rather than going to the gym. there is no way i would choose to go to the gym on vacation if i have the option to nap. good choice.

that stinks that you got sick on your cruise! talk about major bummer. i am glad that you got to go to mexico for at least one day of your trip.

When I think about the trip, I forget the sick part - I'm just glad it was a 7 day-er, it make it okay!

all of your photo shoot pictures are hilariously wonderful! it makes me want to go on a cruise with a bunch of my girlfriends so i can have a photo shoot. :lol:

I just love them flashez ;) We like to think we're cool.

amazing trip report!! can't wait to read more.

aew yay the sleeping beauty is better ,I like that.If my youngest saw your cover up she'd say it's "pop"century" i love it it's super cute!!! Sorry you can't hand in WDW in SEptember that stinks,if only tink could dust u up n u could go n come back real fast.

Yess, it does kind of look like that tie dye cheesecake!

Life is so crazy here, I feel like I can hardly follow along! :( Deep sadness.

I am SO SORRY that you were sick. Such a bummer. But I am so glad you had a nice steward and you were able to snuggle up in a comfy bed. That makes it so much better!

Everything's better with Mickey - even the flu!

So glad you didn't get attacked by any of your Mexican boyfriends. It's those guys that make me nervous for the 3 of you! Scary guys, please go away! :D

Mexican boyfriends and sunburns - I think you MIGHT just be a momma bear ;) I'm not a huge fan of being harassed, but they actually were a lot better than the ones in Nassau - they talked at you, but when you said "no thanks" they backed off. Props, Mexican boyfriends.

I think your tie dyed cover up gift is so cute!

Luckiest girl!

I'm taking notes on the hair stuff. I am a girl with stick straight hair, who comes from a long line of women with stick straight hair (want a mental picture of what my mom looked like circa 1975? Picture Marsha Brady with about 4 more inches of long straight hair! Ha!) who has a daughter with CURLY hair! I am so out of my comfort zone here and I have this terrible fear that my poor daughter will look back on her younger years and curse me for her frizzy, 'not well cared for' curls. I'll take any advice you can give! Seriously. :cool: So did the diffuser give you those curls naturally? Or did you have to use a curling iron after the diffuser?

Definitely hard when it's your first curly hair experience! When I was young, my hair used to be really straight - but Mom's hair ahs a lot of body. My hair goes pretty curly naturally (ex: sparkly dress night I just put mousse in it and let it air dry) but the diffuser just speeds the whole process up and gives a little more definition. So I got out of the shower and scrunched it up, put mousse in it, and then used the diffuser. The whole process took about 15 minutes - it's like blow drying your hair without the frizz! I didn't use a curling iron at all, though I did straighten my bangs!

You are probably going to die when you see that i posted here hahaa

But i'm loving the TR and it looks like I had such a blast in Cabo!

:)

I love you. I'm glad you had fun in Cabo ;)

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Okay, who did they have to sedate - you or Lauren?

February 25 – Day At Sea

Happy Birthday, Andrew! Felt kind of bad when I realized I’d be at sea during the BF’s birthday – but then his family booked a trip to Jamaica and all that guilt disappeared. Convenient.

We’d gone to bed late, and Rachael said that she was sleeping in – that didn’t happen. She went around 7:30 and Lauren got up to pack – more sleep for Kenzie. I woke up to Lilo and Stitch at 8:30AM (Lauren is a smart one, she knew I wouldn’t mind) and we got ready when Rachael got back.

It was our last day on the ship – upsetting – but we had big plans! Starting with a character breakfast at Parrot Cay. Woo! I made the mistake of NOT showering, so the pictures are hard looking, but that’s cool.

Our breakfast was at 10AM – our table mates were few, only Sam showed up but we had good chats and he left without waiting for everyone to come visit the table… shocking, right?

First up was Minnie – she was looking very spiffy and tropical.

DSC00606.jpg

HAY GIRL HAY

Desmond made us some very fancy headpieces to wear – just stunning angels in these napkins.

DSC00607.jpg

GORGEOUS, WORK IT!

Goofy was like, REALLY into us – we got latched on to – and our headgear fell off! Oops!

DSC00608.jpg

ATTACKKK

And of course, the man of the hour…

422413_10150561499210670_504475669_9474889_662067510_n.jpg

LOVE YAA!

The character breakfast is definitely a nice addition to a 7 day cruise – we were surprised at how few people took advantage of it, especially considering it wasn’t very nice out on deck. Oh well, we loved it and I’d definitely encourage anyone to go – it’s nice because it’s your own servers that are there with you, so we had more time with Monika and Desmond!

After that Lauren and I headed up to the shops while Rachael went up to the room to grab her “list” of things she needed to get – she wanted to check out the prices and stuff at duty free, so La and I said we’d meet her later. I got my awesome Disney Cruise Line charm for my Pandora Bracelet (though the charms are made by Chamilla, they fit my bracelet easily). The ship is actually too cute to pass up. Also grabbed the necessary picture frame to add to my collection – up to 4 (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) and loving it! The hard part is always picking the “best” or “most representative” pictures.

IMG_3684.jpg

LOVE THIS

Went back to the room to do a little packing – ew – and Rachael came back. Lauren went to the gym and we headed back down to browse the shops. I went to guest services and paid my Mickey tab – not too bad, with the exception of that phone call to Mom. 30$, ouch. I put that part on Visa.. they weren’t around to fix me, so they can pay for the call, right? Love my parents.

Headed to meet Rachael at the internet after that. I checked my email and sent another love note home, and found out that I had an interview with Crandall for Education – which is now over, and acceptance has rolled in! Woooo, BEd option post-MTA!

DSC00611.jpg

SHE LOVED THIS ONE – WE HAVE HER HOOKED!

After our internet time we went up on deck – for about three seconds. We were scooting along and it was FREEZING and windy up there. Shoot, girl, it’s the last day and we have our best bathing suits left. Moral of the story: don’t save your favourite clothes for the last day of vacation!

We headed back to the room to grab our navigator, and when we got there a special envelope awaited us. Could this be why they needed our room number? We were the only one around with an envelope..

DSC00612.jpg

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

“Spend a few moments with some of your favourite Disney Characters?” And it required an invite? WERE WE THAT SPECIAL? I am vibrating as I type this – but you’ll have to wait and seeeeee..

Disneyfalcon

Pluto’s handler was obviously close “friends” with Tiana, the princess we’d seen most. We were giggling our way though our interaction with the pup and talking about how “awesome” the picture turned out when she asked what our room number was. What? I think I read something about this..

Yes!! This is how it starts!!! :sohappy:

DSC00612.jpg

“Spend a few moments with some of your favourite Disney Characters?” And it required an invite? WERE WE THAT SPECIAL? I am vibrating as I type this – but you’ll have to wait and seeeeee..

Woo hoo!!! Bring on the magic!! :sohappy:

ChuckElias

I got my awesome Disney Cruise Line charm for my Pandora Bracelet (though the charms are made by Chamilla, they fit my bracelet easily). The ship is actually too cute to pass up.

IMG_3684.jpg

LOVE THIS
Which shop did you find the charm in, if you don't mind me asking? I'll have to get one for my daughter before we leave for our next cruise in August. And how much did it cost? thanks!

angieandtrevor

Thanks so much for your kind words - do you have a trip planned? If you've got a cruise planned this is the perfect pump up (not sure if your hubby will enjoy our foolishness, but the pictures and food reviews are worth a thousand words toward Disney entertainment!). Your son will love it, I'm sure - who doesn't? They make it so great for every single person.. magical experiences abound!

It was a questionable idea, flying out like that, but when we booked it was October and the last thing you think about is whether or not it's going to be a snowstorm - at least, we didn't think of it. Luckily, it was gorgeous in Halifax on Saturday (while it was a storm at home).

Hubby: DO A DISNEY VACA!

Also, you're from Bedford? I applied to MSVU for my Master of Arts in School Psychology - still waiting to hear back.. but it looks like Lauren will be going there for her BEd!

Well we don't have anything booked just yet but I have been working with Tammy so we are hoping to book within the next few weeks. I am an extreme over thinker and planner so I wanted to research some things before we took the plunge. Right now our plan is to do 4 nights at WDW at the end of September and then hop on the Fantasy for a 7 night Western cruise. Last month we did our 9th cruise so we are very familiar with cruising but never Disney so this is very exciting for me. I haven't been to WDW in 8 years which is why I am doing so much researching....not to mention having a 2 year old tagging along, so much has changed but it is all very fun and overwhelming at the same time.

I'm originally from CB but yes we do live in Bedford. We just moved into our new house less then a year ago which is in the new subdivision called the Ravines which is only about 5 minutes from The Mount. Good luck with getting in, you will absolutely love living here. I moved up to the city after I graduated from X and I love the city and especially Bedford. Let know if you need any suggestion on a good place to live.

Now get back to the review, you're keeping us hanging girl, haha :)

PartOfYourWorld

How dare you leave it like this!! Even though I've seen the pictures it is not the same! I need the story to go with it!

Agree with everyone else..LOOVE that Background!

And the goofy picture squishin all you three?? Totally love it!

And I love the little ship charm for the bracelet!

kasey1988

Hello from another fellow nova scotian :). Great trip report! I graduated from msvu and it's an awesome school, highly recommend it! We have a trip planned to wdw in September, but maybe the trip after will be a cruise!!

Nicole220

I forgot to add the other quote but it's other Bestie, not Jamie. :)

Lauren went to bed, and Rachael and I headed to the Buena Vista theatre – it was late, but we were bound and determined to watch War Horse. Rachael loves horses, she’s on the equestrian team at X and has been a rider forever. I am kind of scared of horses – but I did really enjoy the movie. There were some very moving parts, and I cried for the last 30 minutes – it was late and I’m always an emotional wreck. We ran into Pam and Ari exiting the theatre – I’m pretty sure she didn’t think I looked “much better” at that point.. I am not a pretty crier. She was wearing an amazing sequined skirt that somehow we missed at dinner, though.. good for her.
1) I bawled during War Horse. I too cried through the last 30 minutes.
2) As an equestrian, I approve of your friend. :D

We headed back to the room to grab our navigator, and when we got there a special envelope awaited us. Could this be why they needed our room number? We were the only one around with an envelope..

DSC00612.jpg

I must know what this means!!!

sweetpee_1993

I must know what this means!!!

It means Kenzie and the girls scored a full-on mega-rare VIP invite! They're about to do something veeeery very few ever got the opportunity to do! I can't WAIT to see!!!! And I gotta figure out how to increase my chances of scoring this on the Magic! :sohappy:

plaz10

How dare you leave it like this!! Even though I've seen the pictures it is not the same! I need the story to go with it!

Agree with everyone else..LOOVE that Background!

And the goofy picture squishin all you three?? Totally love it!

And I love the little ship charm for the bracelet!

See...I've been staying away from her FB pics so that I can be surprised when I read her TR. Then I will look again when I'm in the Disney Blues mood

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom