Tan lines or it didn't happen - a (patchy) Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Wonder.

Hey my lovelies!

I have a teaser post for you all – it’s a busy week for me with school (three midterms, yucky). Be aware that I’d so much rather recap the trip instead!

Long story short, WONDERful time on our Mexican Riviera cruise. Despite a pesky flu bug and some windy days, the Wonder suited us perfectly. Lauren and I definitely converted Rachael – she’ll be back. The magic is contagious.

We had some awesome servers (Desmond and Monika) and Glen, our stateroom host, was a total lifesaver – not to mention trooper.. our room looked like a bomb shelter. The cast was UNREAL – performers and character interactions.. including a special surprise on the last day that you definitely want to stay tuned for. Lauren and I almost had to be sedated.

The one let down? I miss Captain Henry!

Just a little taste:

DSC00338.jpg

Adventures away!

DSC00397.jpg

Sun, please.

DSC00442.jpg

Prepare for 1800 pictures from formal night..

DSC00500.jpg

Souffle.

DSC00513.jpg

ARRR.

IMG_5917.jpg

Do you want a Mexican boyfriend? Bodyguard?

DSC00595.jpg

So much love for this background.

DSC00631.jpg

The finale you’ll never believe!

Keep an eye out early next week!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Kenz, they like us!!! They're fighting over who's to come with us on our adventuresss.

Yay, we're popular! That's so exciting, I don't think I've ever been this popular before ;)

I swear, I started reading shortly after you started, but life has been chaos- and not in the good way. So, I've played major catch up this morning while sitting at home with a sick kiddo. Between reading your TR so far and being on Disney movie #3 of the morning- I soooooo need some kind of Disney travel.

That's horrible that you were sick - it's awful when it happens when you're on vacay. I've gone through something similar in Vegas and Cancun. Not fun Still it looks like you had a great trip. So jealous of that princess pic! :D I can't let either of my girls see that b/c there would surely be crying and begging. Really so jealous of the whole experience- looks AWESOME!!!

All of this talk of your desserts has made it very obvious that I'm lacking any decent sweet stuff in the house. It all looked and sounded soooooo YUM

Girl, I know how it is! I'm glad you got caught up and enjoyed it =)

Being sick was lame but I made it work - it's just disappointing when you wait so long for vaca and then it happens! The experience with the characters was unreal - hopefully everyone gets a chance someday to be that overwhelmed with magic!

Desserts.. it's 10:15 but I could go for some of those..

Okay, so I had a lapse in craziness at work two weeks ago and managed to post... and then BAM! The crazy continued. But it looks like there are smooth waters ahead and things are starting to calm down! So, I'm back!

I feel ya - papers and tests are coming up fast. It was my birthday yesterday so I was running around trying to see everyone, and tehn Andrew's MOTHER called to invite me to supper.. he's a smart boy, getting his mom to do it.. can't say no to mommas!

So, yeah, LOVE the princess pose (thank you, thank you for humoring me!)... but it's the shot with all the leading ladies that is priceless! So wonderful.

Congrats on the fab-o meet and greet! Character love is the best kind of Disney love. :D I'm with Tammy on her assumptions for how/why people get picked for these things. I'm convinced that Brett and I got picked two trips in a row to be in the Jammin Jungle parade because we were standing around waiting for the parade, just being all in love and enamored with the magic around us. It works, people! I'm tellin' ya.

Ah, I thought you would LOVE the surprise! Character love is so your thing =) I definitely agree - just love your life like Walt intended and you've got a great shot at being loved by the magic! So cool to be in a parade..that would be a new one for me!

I think my favorite character pictures are the ones with Goofy and Pluto. And of course that one of Stitch messing with you. BEST!

Stichhhh was so awesome! I had to hound Rach for that picture because she didn't put it on FB, haha.

I love that you became comfortable enough with your tablemates to start taking pictures of their food. :lol: That is awesome!

Those potatoes BEGGED to be photographed! Pam loved it - we were also good enough friends with them to eat their desserts.. it's cool. They probably went home and talked about how crazy we were..

And boo on saving your best outfit for the last day only to find that you didn't get to wear it. I've done this before - the worst. It's a travesty. :lookaroun

It is - I'll be wearing it second-last day from now on, just in case. Disney parks days, however, outfits go according to park. EX: something that dries easily (and is not white) on AK day, something RNRC/TOT compatible but still pretty cute on DHS day becasue it's high impact but still a lot of pics, MK day is nicest shirt/short combo, EPCOT is cutest outfit in general because of the amount of pictures.. got it all worked out..

And can I just ask... what did you do before discovering the diffuser on those days when you just didn't have time to let your hair air dry?! That baby is my best friend day in and day out. So glad she's in your life now.

I usually just go to class with my hair half damp - doesn't bother me too much, except in the winter when it freezes - oops. But if I was going out for some reason I always make sure I have time to shower 2 hours before, or do it earlier in the day, or straighten it... much more complicated process. I need to buy one this weekend - haven't gotten to a Walm because of all my business! I told Andrew to get me one for my bday but he went with bedazzle instead so.. can't hate that..

Fabulous cruise report, my friend! I'm sorry I wasn't around to read it as it was posted.

Now wait a minute! I ain't s__________' no eggs (ew)! For the record, I'm trying to put together the posse that's gonna come rescue you from the evils of school and force you to join us! Just sayin! :wave::kiss:

I love the words that are censored on here.. ahaha. You're not doing a great job forcing me to do anything - also, it's YOU that I blame for booking a September trip, then.. WHY NOT AUGUST, KELLY? WHY DO YOU HAVE OT MAKE MY LIFE A MAGIC LAMP OF SADNESS?! Wah. ;)

Oh my. Totally showin' my age some more. We called 'em all sorts of things: rompers, jumpers, etc. I loved them dearly around the time I got married and especially when I was pregnant. :lookaroun

I need to try some on this summer - I haven't bought a ton of summer clothes because for the past 3 summers I worked for Parks Canada, and we have uniforms so you really just dress after work - and then it's like 6 and you can get away with jeans. Lame.

Now now. I wouldn't say Keds are cooler. They serve a different purpose/outfit type. When you think Vans, do you think those checkerboard ones??? Curious. That's what my kids think. No, I'm talkin' the Keds-like oxford kind only their a bit sportier. It was "the thing" when I was oh..15 or so..to have black ones and lace them so the laces didn't function like regular laces. You arranged the laces to lay with a single strip from eye-to-eye then knotted them in place on the inside. The shoes became slip-ons at that point. The knots didn't feel good against your foot on the inside but it was the price of cool at the time. :cool:

I doooo think of the checkerboard ones, because Carly had a pair like that! She also had ones with hearts on them. I'm not really a slip-ons kinda girl - and I hear what you're saying about the other kind with laces. That;s actually how all my Keds are laced, too! Hahhaa. Ballin.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
The end is coming

February 26 – Last dayz

The last day is just surreal – especially when you know you’re waking up and have over 12 hours before you fly.

We were up around 7:15AM– since we were the late seating at supper we had late breakfast seating as well. We got ready and put on the TV – it was the best part of HP7 (Snape’s memories) so we opted for that while we got ready.

Breakfast was at 8:15 at Animator’s Palate. While we were waiting in line we ran into Kent.. voila the one and only picture we have with him all week. It’s the worst – obviously not cute at all.

DSC00657.jpg

OHAY

Breaky and chats with our family and Desmond. He thanked us for the note we put in with his tippies, seemed to appreciate the positive feedback! We said our goodbyes around 9:15AM and headed for the Red Mickeys.

DSC00658.jpg

BYE

DSC00663.jpg

AWESOME BAG TAG OPTIONS

DSC00667.jpg

LOADNG UP

DSC00659.jpg

SAD..

Unlike our trip to the ship, the bus was full. We were off to LAX and Air Canada – but we’re obviously way too fly to hang around an airport for 12 hours. We called LAX Storage and got them to pick up our bags, and snagged a taxi – off to Westfield Culver City mall.

DSC00658.jpg

NHL PLZ

It was ballin’ – great mall, for sure. Didn’t do much shopping – couple shirts from F21 – but the girls did better. I was trying not to buy things I didn’t need – which was dumb because that’s obviously what you DO on vacation! We crossed the street and went to Marshalls, too – definitely do this if you have a huge layover in LA!

When we got back to the airport and got our luggage, we also were able to check in. It was about 3-4 hours before our flight, so this was a bonus! Had some snacks at Burger King and looked around. Lauren got some Ray Bans (so proud) and our flight left on time 10PM! Our layover in TO was tight, but we made it – home to Halifax at 10AM the next morning.

Lauren got her acceptance call from MSVU while we were waiting for our luggage, and then we got some coffee and took off for Mount A.

DSC00663.jpg

ALMOST HOME!

What a trip!

Stay tuned for some final thoughts!

sweetpee_1993

What?! Okay okay...I'll take one for the team on the September cruise date. Howevaaaaah, I was only 1 of a small group of minds who arrived at that date. I'll take credit for initiating the idea of puting the cruise in motion, tho. :D You know, we need a good pic of you to put on-a-stick to take with us so you can join in the fun-with-pictures like you did for your pals. Yes???

Hurry back and expand your bandwidth so we can seeeeeeee your wonderfullest selves on your final dayyyyy.... :wave:

PartOfYourWorld

Kenzie!!! I was looking forward to reading the last day and you went over bandwidth! It's a pain in the behind I know :(

Hey...maybe I was the awesome exception! :ROFLOL: You just can't go wrong with any 'Jess'...we're all awesome.

haha all Jess' are AWESOME. We should have a Jess cruise and then make an exception for Courtney and Kenzie :lol:

tiaragirl

Original Poster
BANDWIDTH IS BACK

What?! Okay okay...I'll take one for the team on the September cruise date. Howevaaaaah, I was only 1 of a small group of minds who arrived at that date. I'll take credit for initiating the idea of puting the cruise in motion, tho. :D You know, we need a good pic of you to put on-a-stick to take with us so you can join in the fun-with-pictures like you did for your pals. Yes???

Hurry back and expand your bandwidth so we can seeeeeeee your wonderfullest selves on your final dayyyyy.... :wave:

No, no, don't worry girl, I don't blame you - I blame this knowledge economy for being so insane that I can't just work to save money for trippies! You WILL be taking a pic-on-a-stick, don't you doubt it.. we'll pick it closer to the date, I feel like I'll have some doozies in the next year ;)

sweetpee_1993

Awwww...final days are the pits. Especially when you have to get up early to partake in the misery. :hurl: Such a fab report! You and your girls are adorable beyond words. Thanks so much for puting another one out there for us to live vicariously thru y'all and all your adventures. Makes me feel young again...then old...then young...then old.....but the point is that I feel alive. Right??? You have a way with writing these things and I totally appreciate you, Kenz-love.

I'm so jacked for our Magic cruise next month. It's crossed my mind to be nervous about the smaller/less brand-spankin-new ship vs. the Dream but I know in the end it'll be all the fabulosity in a more intimate setting so I'm trying to keep the focus on that. Yeppers, gonna give the inner-beach-girl in me another shot. Maybe we'll find some love in there yet. :D

PartOfYourWorld

Yay!!!! PIctures are baaaaack!!! That is a super long layover, glad you passed the time with shopping! :lol:

And isn't Snape's memories the best part of HP7? I'm in love with that man, have been since Book 1 :)

Kristia

Yay! Pictures are back! Loved the report :sohappy: I am so taking in all these cruise trip reports to pass the time till we take ours! 2 more weeks!! Looks like you all had a spectacular time!

WDW_Princess24

Just catching up now and I must say you have had one heck of a vacation! The picture with Goofy from the character breakfast - ADORABLE! How absolutely incredible that you all were able to attend the private event, that is definitely a once in a life time! Love the picture of all of you and the princesses, too cute!

ksr99

I always hate that first day home!!! My last trip we spent just under three weeks down there, so it was actually nice to kind of get back in the routine of home, but still that first day I'm moping around the house complaining that its too cold, or I want a mickey premium ice-cream bar!!! Whens your next trip to the world planned?

popsicletrees

Kenz, I absolutely loved your report! You and your friends are just way too adorable. I have to say that I got a kick each time that you mentioned your girls going to the gym, you either napped, went to the pool, or something other than the gym. What a champ! I have to admit that the only cruise I've ever been on I went to the gym several times, and it was during my honeymoon!

I loved all of your pictures, especially the special character invite. The princess picture is priceless! I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous about it.

Way to go on the putting tournament. I mentioned that to Jordan and his ears perked up.

Great trip and fabulous report as always!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Awwww...final days are the pits. Especially when you have to get up early to partake in the misery. :hurl: Such a fab report! You and your girls are adorable beyond words. Thanks so much for puting another one out there for us to live vicariously thru y'all and all your adventures. Makes me feel young again...then old...then young...then old.....but the point is that I feel alive. Right??? You have a way with writing these things and I totally appreciate you, Kenz-love.

Early morning goodbyes to Disney cruise ships are actually the saddest. I remember back when they were "new" (1998/2000) and any non-Americans had to get up even EARLIER to go immigration. Lame! I'm glad you had fun living vicariously through - making ya feel alive is what I try to dooo.. thanks for the compliment, Kelly - I've always enjoyed writing/I'd much prefer to write an essay over an exam, so this validates that I'm not a fail at it!

I'm so jacked for our Magic cruise next month. It's crossed my mind to be nervous about the smaller/less brand-spankin-new ship vs. the Dream but I know in the end it'll be all the fabulosity in a more intimate setting so I'm trying to keep the focus on that. Yeppers, gonna give the inner-beach-girl in me another shot. Maybe we'll find some love in there yet. :D

You must be heading out soon - HAVE THE BEST TIME! It will be impossible not to compare the Magic with the Dream, but it's kind of like the book to movie comparisons - you've got to take them both for what they are, and love every minute! You'll have a maaaagical time, regardless!

Yay! Pictures are back! Loved the report :sohappy: I am so taking in all these cruise trip reports to pass the time till we take ours! 2 more weeks!! Looks like you all had a spectacular time!

Yesss I got too many views in a month, this TR was a popular one! I'm glad you enjoyed it =) Hope your cruise goes/went/is going amazingly! They're the best timeee.

Just catching up now and I must say you have had one heck of a vacation! The picture with Goofy from the character breakfast - ADORABLE! How absolutely incredible that you all were able to attend the private event, that is definitely a once in a life time! Love the picture of all of you and the princesses, too cute!

One of the best vacations so far - much better than a grad trip down south where all you do is sit on a beach! Character breakfast was a nice touch, though I was a little hard looking that morning, hahaha. Princesses was the chance of a lifetime, it still gives me chills!

I always hate that first day home!!! My last trip we spent just under three weeks down there, so it was actually nice to kind of get back in the routine of home, but still that first day I'm moping around the house complaining that its too cold, or I want a mickey premium ice-cream bar!!! Whens your next trip to the world planned?

So far I'm hating all the days at home - or back at school. Classes are over now and I'm dying because I have NO trips planned, wah! Hopefully something comes together for next year. Three weeks would be unreal - our longest trip was 10 days and I was little then.. I can't wait until I have kids and (hopefully) time off!

Kenz, I absolutely loved your report! You and your friends are just way too adorable. I have to say that I got a kick each time that you mentioned your girls going to the gym, you either napped, went to the pool, or something other than the gym. What a champ! I have to admit that the only cruise I've ever been on I went to the gym several times, and it was during my honeymoon!

Thanks girl! I can't say I've ever BEEN to the gym, except when we had to go for gym class in highschool. I don't like doing things I'm bad at with people around to judge me.. and that includes all things athletic. I prefer to golf with Dad and walk the course, or go for a little run/jog on my own in the summers (which happens RARELY). But hey, takin' it as it comes. When I double in weight I'll start to worry.. terrible attitude.

I loved all of your pictures, especially the special character invite. The princess picture is priceless! I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous about it.

I look at that picture and it pretty much sums up the best Disney experience ever - WHO has that picture?! Lucky girls, and I know it.

Way to go on the putting tournament. I mentioned that to Jordan and his ears perked up.

That's one way to get him on a cruise! Putting tournament! Get him to practice on hardwood before you go!

Great trip and fabulous report as always!

Thanks girl =) Looking forward to your next one - they're always one of my favs!

angieandtrevor

Just a little FYI.....The Magic makes its first stop in Halifax on June 12. I doubt I will be getting much work done that day since my office is 2 seconds from the waterfront :sohappy:

I already told my hubby we were eating supper on the waterfront that night, I know I know, we're pretty lame :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom