Tan lines or it didn't happen - a (patchy) Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Wonder.

Hey my lovelies!

I have a teaser post for you all – it’s a busy week for me with school (three midterms, yucky). Be aware that I’d so much rather recap the trip instead!

Long story short, WONDERful time on our Mexican Riviera cruise. Despite a pesky flu bug and some windy days, the Wonder suited us perfectly. Lauren and I definitely converted Rachael – she’ll be back. The magic is contagious.

We had some awesome servers (Desmond and Monika) and Glen, our stateroom host, was a total lifesaver – not to mention trooper.. our room looked like a bomb shelter. The cast was UNREAL – performers and character interactions.. including a special surprise on the last day that you definitely want to stay tuned for. Lauren and I almost had to be sedated.

The one let down? I miss Captain Henry!

Just a little taste:

DSC00338.jpg

Adventures away!

DSC00397.jpg

Sun, please.

DSC00442.jpg

Prepare for 1800 pictures from formal night..

DSC00500.jpg

Souffle.

DSC00513.jpg

ARRR.

IMG_5917.jpg

Do you want a Mexican boyfriend? Bodyguard?

DSC00595.jpg

So much love for this background.

DSC00631.jpg

The finale you’ll never believe!

Keep an eye out early next week!

PartOfYourWorld

SO happy you got your acceptance!!!! WOOOOOT!!! :sohappy::sohappy:
And yes good first day on my end too! Hard to absorb all this information, but I'll get it eventually! Definitely a great company I work for. We'll see how tomorrow goes and the many weeks following :lol:

And you loved SP too?? For me it was beginning of high school..and is it still sad I buy their albums when they come out with new ones?? THey just came out with one last June and I <3 it! As did Good Charlotte actually and I own all their albums too and I still jam to them on my Ipod...much better than music that's out now in my opinion.

No. those bands listed - i'm not embarassed by them. Good Charlotte - yeah not exactly a proud moment.

But this artist...it's like...its just bad. I think so - anyway.

Also - I've seen Nsync 5 times in concert when I was really young and I've got no shame there, so that tells you that it's not very good.

Although - Kenz you being from Canada - maybe you celebrate this person...:lookaroun (there's your helpful hint!)

Awwww GC was a bad moment? I still rock out to them on my ipod hahaha I've seen em twice live.

SOOOOOO jealous you've seen NSYNC 5 times!!! i never saw them once!! I am praying and hoping so hard that they do a reunion tour. I saw the Spice Girls in '08 when they did one :lookaroun still <3 them.

ksr99

Fun trip report I'm jealous!!! I'm flying to long beach, CA next week on business and I'm hoping to sneak in some Disneyland time to get my fix, of course on the company dollar :)!!!

sweetpee_1993

Well, Kenz-love, if you ever go for the full-blown PhD I'll be your basket case subject matter for your doctoral. :lol:

I was just showin' Tracey your pictures on the first page (:)lol:)) and noticed on your first meal pic, you drink hot tea! Woooooo!!! Normally I'm good for hot tea when I'm feelin' under the weather but then on occassion I just get that mood and hafta have it. Love Twinings. That's good tea! :slurp:

Sarabell

Loving it!! I have to confess, your cruise reports have me seriously considering the possibility to do a Disney cruise someday... don´t ask when, never been on a cruise and with my weak stomach I would probably spend most days hugging the toilet (doesn´t sound too fun)... but I will do it!

so sad you got sick, but hey! reason enough to do it again... you have to see PV and cabo right?

tiaragirl

Original Poster
KENZ join the clan come to Disney in September,all the cool kids are doing it LOL

I wish! I'll be in school in September =( Boooo.

SO happy you got your acceptance!!!! WOOOOOT!!! :sohappy::sohappy:
And yes good first day on my end too! Hard to absorb all this information, but I'll get it eventually! Definitely a great company I work for. We'll see how tomorrow goes and the many weeks following :lol:

It'll get better, then you'll be super awesome! I'm glad for acceptance too, feeling relieved to have an option.

And you loved SP too?? For me it was beginning of high school..and is it still sad I buy their albums when they come out with new ones?? THey just came out with one last June and I <3 it! As did Good Charlotte actually and I own all their albums too and I still jam to them on my Ipod...much better than music that's out now in my opinion.

There were some catchy songs on the new album, the one about the time difference? Gets stuck in your head, holy.

Awwww GC was a bad moment? I still rock out to them on my ipod hahaha I've seen em twice live.

SOOOOOO jealous you've seen NSYNC 5 times!!! i never saw them once!! I am praying and hoping so hard that they do a reunion tour. I saw the Spice Girls in '08 when they did one :lookaroun still <3 them.

I was a BSB girl, myself.. probably 'cause I'm Larger than Life.

Fun trip report I'm jealous!!! I'm flying to long beach, CA next week on business and I'm hoping to sneak in some Disneyland time to get my fix, of course on the company dollar :)!!!

Ouu, make it work! I really need to get to DL at some point!

Well, Kenz-love, if you ever go for the full-blown PhD I'll be your basket case subject matter for your doctoral. :lol:

The joke is that I'm dating Andrew as a case study for his family, hahaha. They're hilarious. Also, if I could avoid going the PhD route I'd be a veryyyy happy girl. I'm so tired of school already, and I might have 4 years left. Wah.

I was just showin' Tracey your pictures on the first page (:)lol:)) and noticed on your first meal pic, you drink hot tea! Woooooo!!! Normally I'm good for hot tea when I'm feelin' under the weather but then on occassion I just get that mood and hafta have it. Love Twinings. That's good tea! :slurp:

Showin' me off hey? More like showing the ship off, probably.. I'll just pretend. Hot tea is the best! It's a Cape Breton thing, I started drinking tea when I was 13 at my g-ma's. However, not a huge fan of Twinings - I'm a Tetley girl! I don't know if you get that in the states? THey have the best orange pekoe!

Loving it!! I have to confess, your cruise reports have me seriously considering the possibility to do a Disney cruise someday... don´t ask when, never been on a cruise and with my weak stomach I would probably spend most days hugging the toilet (doesn´t sound too fun)... but I will do it!

so sad you got sick, but hey! reason enough to do it again... you have to see PV and cabo right?

A ton of people have sea sickness patches on the cruise, so you wouldn't be alone! Cruises down to Castaway were definitely less rocky than the MR cruise - silly Pacific. Try it out, just with a short cruise first, and then it's easier to judge!

Off to Mexico again, please! I want to go right now..

enchanted_belle

Three things

1. I'm a BSB girl myself
  2. Drinking hot tea is AMAZING
  3. I'm still overly excited about your whole getting into the Ed bach thingy! :D

:animwink:

PolynesianPrincess

Three things

1. [*]I'm a BSB girl myself
  3. I'm still overly excited about your whole getting into the Ed bach thingy! :D

I'm a BSB girl too! Seen them 3 times... Once from the 2nd row and once from the 10th row and once so high up in the nose-bleed section. My sister saw them and New Kids on The Block last summer at Fenway Park in Boston.... Ahhhhh, the good old days of boys bands!! haha

... and I'm not ashamed to admit my best concert experiences were both times I saw Bon Jovi!! FAVORITE!!!! :D

plaz10

AVRIL, IS IT AVRIL?

If it is, then that's not embarrassing.. her first album was awesome, it's the ones that came after that are terrible..

... I forgot about her... which is sad, considering the amount of times I've seen her in concert without choice :lookaroun

Oh I hope it was Avril. That's not so bad! I really loved early Avril, although I never saw her in concert.

I did see Simple Plan though and I'm not even ashamed to admit that I saw Panic! last summer - sadly at 20 at the time my friends and I were some of the oldest ones in the audience. The 19+ section was almost empty and many of the people around us actually had their parents take them to the show. Strange feeling :lookaroun

IT WAS AVRIL!
I too loved the "Let Go" album. And I was a total wanna be and wore wrist bands on my arms to the concert. But while I really liked her first album (and some of her second :lookaroun) it was an awful concert. She just stood and sang. It was a pretty terrible concert. Sad face.

And I'm a total Nsync lady! Loved their 5 concerts and saw Justin Timberlake in concert a few years ago when my friend won tickets on the radio. Loved it. Would absolutely attend a reunion tour - without shame!

[But I have been to like - adult concerts, lol. I've seen the Eagles twice, Elton John, Steve Miller Band, AC/DC, Tom Petty, John Mayer, Maroon 5 and Lady GaGa!!]

Oh and I've seen Carrie Underwood like 4 times. I don't like country music but I adore her!

enchanted_belle

IT WAS AVRIL!
I too loved the "Let Go" album. And I was a total wanna be and wore wrist bands on my arms to the concert. But while I really liked her first album (and some of her second :lookaroun) it was an awful concert. She just stood and sang. It was a pretty terrible concert. Sad face.

Her style hasn't changed much :lol: Though, now she's added "completely singing off key" to her show.

angieandtrevor

What a fantastic review, this is making me even more excited to get my butt on a Disney ship. What I am most excited about is seeing my son's face light up when he sees all the characters, I will be the mom standing on the sideline crying her eyes out.

Sorry to hear you were sick but glad you were able to still enjoy some of the trip. What a long trip from NS, thankfully you didn't have any problems getting there. On our way to a cruise a few weeks ago we had a 7 hour delay in Ottawa but luckily we were going a few days in advance otherwise I would have been pretty stressed.

Can't wait to read the rest, I am making my hubby read it too to get him pumped about doing a Disney vacation.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Three things

1. I'm a BSB girl myself

Aw, I love how wonderful you are! I'm still excited too - the fam called last night to congratulate me and tell me how much fun they had on the Tower - nice guys. Let's have tea together? Maybe invite Alice and Mary Poppins and Kelly?

I'm a BSB girl too! Seen them 3 times... Once from the 2nd row and once from the 10th row and once so high up in the nose-bleed section. My sister saw them and New Kids on The Block last summer at Fenway Park in Boston.... Ahhhhh, the good old days of boys bands!! haha

... and I'm not ashamed to admit my best concert experiences were both times I saw Bon Jovi!! FAVORITE!!!! :D

Oh, now here's something I can relate to - Jon :eek: Love of my life. I saw him two summers ago and he was unreal - he has aged impeccably. Drool.

What a fantastic review, this is making me even more excited to get my butt on a Disney ship. What I am most excited about is seeing my son's face light up when he sees all the characters, I will be the mom standing on the sideline crying her eyes out.

Sorry to hear you were sick but glad you were able to still enjoy some of the trip. What a long trip from NS, thankfully you didn't have any problems getting there. On our way to a cruise a few weeks ago we had a 7 hour delay in Ottawa but luckily we were going a few days in advance otherwise I would have been pretty stressed.

Can't wait to read the rest, I am making my hubby read it too to get him pumped about doing a Disney vacation.

Thanks so much for your kind words - do you have a trip planned? If you've got a cruise planned this is the perfect pump up (not sure if your hubby will enjoy our foolishness, but the pictures and food reviews are worth a thousand words toward Disney entertainment!). Your son will love it, I'm sure - who doesn't? They make it so great for every single person.. magical experiences abound!

It was a questionable idea, flying out like that, but when we booked it was October and the last thing you think about is whether or not it's going to be a snowstorm - at least, we didn't think of it. Luckily, it was gorgeous in Halifax on Saturday (while it was a storm at home).

Hubby: DO A DISNEY VACA!

Also, you're from Bedford? I applied to MSVU for my Master of Arts in School Psychology - still waiting to hear back.. but it looks like Lauren will be going there for her BEd!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Do you want a Mexican boyfriend?

February 24 – Cabo

I went to Palo, I was a Pirate – I AM GOING INTO MEXICO IF IT KILLS ME.

Rachael’s alarm went off at 6:45 – she opted not to go into Cabo, preferring to head to the gym and then spend the day on deck instead. Lauren decided to take one for the team (aka team Kenzie-Lauren) and go into Cabo with me so I could say that I actually WENT to Mexico. We headed up to breakfast. It was nice to have quality time together, so we had some good chats and took some Cabo pictures on the ship!

IMG_5900.jpg

HELLOOOO CABO

IMG_5898.jpg

THIS WAS MY PRETTY SICK GIFT FROM THE DAY BEFORE

The tendering processes was flawless this time around – I made it down the stairs and everything! We boarded right away, so I’m lacking a better tender boat picture than the following:

IMG_5901.jpg

I’M ON A BOAT

IMG_5906.jpg

NO ACTUALLY, WE’RE TENDERING

Though I preferred to be on this one – it was less tippy.

IMG_5904.jpg

MY WONDER, LOVE OF MY LIFE

The marina/wharf area was so pretty – it was early (maybe 8AM) but you could tell it was going to be a stunning day!

IMG_5908.jpg

SO PRETTY

tiaragirl

Original Poster

Since it was so early, there weren’t a ton of people harassing for snorkeling, water taxis, and excursions. However, we did get quite a few offers for bodyguards and “Mexican Boyfriends”. How did you know, that’s exactly what I came to Cabo for – a Mexican boyfriend! They loved calling Lauren “Barbie”, which annoyed her beyond belief.. one time they called ME Barbie – let’s get real, I’m more of a “Theresa”, my hair is BROWN people!

IMG_5911.jpg

LAUREN FOUND A MEXICAN BOYFRIEND..

There wasn’t much open because it was so early, but we enjoyed wandering around and taking some Mexican-style pictures.

IMG_5913.jpg

HATZ

IMG_5914.jpg

DOES IT SUIT ME?

Erica and Kaitlin had tagged along in my backpack (AKA Erica express posted pictures of them on straws to me so we could take them to Mexico) so we got a couple pictures with them as well. Mostly with them and signs for booze. They’re classy girls.

IMG_5918.jpg

FOR THE “BOOZE HOUNDS”

IMG_5912.jpg

FIESTA

We located Starbucks and Lauren got some coffee – after getting halfway through and realizing that the coffee was made from MEXICO water, thus potentially dangerous (we were a little worried about getting sick, okay? Give us a break).

IMG_5917-1.jpg

OUTSIDE STARBUCKS

We then made our way out to the Market area – there was some very pretty things, but nothing that was *amazing dealz*. I don’t like bartering at all, but there’s also no need for spending 20$ on earrings, so we just cruised around and looked at the colorful and sparkly stuff. We got some bracelets to take home with us for roommates and friends, and then headed back to the tender boats.

IMG_5920.jpg

CAN I PLEASE JUST HAVE THIS? AND SELL IT SO I CAN GO ON LOTS OF DISNEY VACAS?

IMG_5921.jpg

RIGHT UP IN THE WONDER’S GRILL

tiaragirl

Original Poster

It was around 10:30ish when we landed in the room. Or so I thought. I think it was actually 9:30 and I just couldn’t read my watch. Couldn’t tell you, it’s fuzzy. I know that Lauren went to the gym and I took an hour and a half long nap (you guys must be tired of hearing about my naps) – lots of Mexican exercise for a recovering flu-victim. I headed up to the buffet right as it was opening – as I was exiting, I ran into Pam and her mom (table-mates) and she said “You look so much better!” – which was promising but I hadn’t showered and I’m pretty sure I had pillow lines on my face, so I must have looked REALLY bad at supper two nights previous. The rest of their crew was sitting outside, so we had chats about their Cabo days and their trip so far. Eventually I headed off in search of Rachael.

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

QUICK PICS OF GORGEOUS CABO

But I couldn’t find her. We brought too many bathing suits, so there was almost no way to identify anyone. Dang, yo. When she ran into us later at Quiet Cove and I saw what she was wearing, I knew I’d totally walked past her up on deck. Whoops.

When I couldn’t locate my girl, I found a spot on the top deck, overlooking Quiet Cove Pool. There were no comfy chairs left, so I was stuck with a regular lounger. I had company, though! Alex of Northern Lights was hanging out, so we had a big chat – and then her fiancé/duet partner guy Justin came as well. We talked about Cape Breton, and she was mentioning how she was in the original cast of Toy Story. They were actually the nicest – definitely start up a conversation if you see them or after a show.

DSC00537.jpg

FRIENDS FOREV

Lauren found me eventually, and we chatted a bit before heading down to the pool (FINALLY WE WERE GETTING IN THE POOL). I find the ledge around the pool very convenient, as you can sit and cool off but still not swim – though I did get ducked, it was darn hot outside. Rachael found us while we were swimming. Instead of laying down when we got back, we wanted to explore – Lauren stayed stationary and Rachael and I went into a very long photoshoot. We got some keepers, though.

DSC00538.jpg

FUNNEL LOVE

DSC00539.jpg

BLOCKED SOME PEOPLE COMING UP THE STAIRS FOR THIS ONE, WHOOPS

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

GOOF TROOP

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

MODELIN: NOT SURE WHICH I PREFER

It was off to the internet next – I now regret not staying in the sun a little longer, but my body was telling me to find some shade. I’m sure my skin will thank me, but another half hour would have probably solidified the tan – I wore so much sunscreen this trip that it doesn’t look like I went anywhere! This is a good thing, I’m sure. Anyway, let everyone know that I wasn’t dying and made it to Mexico – and Rachael got her acceptance to St. FX Education! It was exciting.

tiaragirl

Original Poster

We were in the room around 3PM, and found the note Rachael had left earlier.

DSC00552.jpg

IT SAYS: “MICKEY FAIL”.

Too funny.

I think the Emperor’s New Groove was on – but no one really saw it. We all fell asleep – me until around 5, and then it was a little bit of a mad rush to get ready in time for Disney Dreams: An Enchanted Classic. We can do it, though, we’re pros by now.

It was at this moment that I discovered something life changing – Rachael’s diffuser. I’m not sure how I didn’t use one of these before – I’ve always avoided hair dryers because of my curls.. but there’s an option our there that doesn’t destroy them into a frizzy mess, but instead defines them. WHAT?!! Anyway, I’m still waiting to buy my own, but thanks to this WONDERful trip, my life is about to get much easier.

Anyway, once my life was improved, we headed down to the Walt Disney Theatre and managed to snag the most ideal seats for Disney Dreams. I don’t even know what to do with myself, typing this up – all my notes say is: “Disney Dreams: BEYOND!” – AKA beyond amazing, magical, and unreally good. Ariel and Belle were wonderful, but Peter legitimately stole the show. His performance was unparalleled to anything else on the ship – which is really saying something, because everyone was fantastic.

I held myself together until Tink touched the Wonder with her pixie dust and the whole ship was “faith, trust, and pixie-dusted”. Wahhhhh. I’m getting weepy thinking about it.

When it was over there was an immediate standing ovation. Holla.

After a quick (ish) recovery and announcing that Disney Dreams definitely won for favourite show this trip (almost surprising, normally the Golden Mickeys wins that award – aha pun) we were off to finish documenting a really solid day. I had taken the “wrong” camera – AKA my old camera that I took to take into Mexico/to the beach, so I went back up to the room to grab the “right” one. Upon return, the girls were no where to be found, but Kent helped me out and we soon spotted Lauren’s hair – thank goodness for things that can be seen at a distance!

We chilled in the Promenade Lounge for a little bit before heading to take some pictures – our favourite.

DSC00555.jpg

OH HEY PORTHOLES

DSC00557.jpg

BFFS FOR ALWAYS

It was time to meet Mickey – unfortunately the picture turned out really dark – but we had a good time, and he was very trappy in his suit. Exiting the line, we legitimately ran into Pluto!

DSC00564.jpg

THE PICTURE THAT STARTED IT ALL
And one of my favourites from this trip.

Pluto’s handler was obviously close “friends” with Tiana, the princess we’d seen most. We were giggling our way though our interaction with the pup and talking about how “awesome” the picture turned out when she asked what our room number was. What? I think I read something about this..

tiaragirl

Original Poster

Anyway, our favourite backdrop was out again – it was semi-formal, Captain’s night – and there was no one around. Score. It was time for a photo shoot, and I will now bombard you with our gorgeousness for 10 pictures (because that’s all I’m allowed in one post).

DSC00568.jpg

I’M CAPTAIN’S NIGHT, CRUISE LINE BARBIE

DSC00566.jpg

UGH I DON’T KNOW HOW TO BE CANDID

DSC00571.jpg

HEY BABYYY

DSC00575.jpg

I’M FUN!

DSC00576.jpg

POZEZ

DSC00584.jpg

WE DO THIS ALL THE TIME

DSC00587.jpg

ACTUALLY MODELS CAN’T YOU TELL?

DSC00590.jpg

WHAA?

DSC00591.jpg

THEN A NICE LADY OFFERED TO TAKE A PICTURE FOR US

DSC00595-1.jpg

SO MUCH LOVE

Time for dinner at Triton’s! It was lobster night, but none of us had lobster. Honestly, I have no notes on food except that I ate “real food” – all courses – and that the chocolate lava cake was unreal. We talked to our other table friends from Toronto (at Triton’s their table was very close to ours) about TV and other things. When dessert came around, they brought Ari the wrong cheesecake – but he was cool with it. Desmond, however, decided that he needed both – but he didn’t. Rachael did, though! So, once again, we demolished 4-5 desserts, and this time we weren’t even eating our own!

Whoops.

tiaragirl

Original Poster

We wandered around the gallery – I missed the gallery on the Dream, it’s so massive. There were some nice pieces, and a lot of Pixar stuff was featured.

DSC00598.jpg

JUST A PICTURE AROUND, BUT IT HAD TINK AND PIXIE DUST AND WONDER AND I RELATED

DSC00599.jpg

FAV

DSC00600.jpg

LOVE THE MONSTERS

Lauren went to bed, and Rachael and I headed to the Buena Vista theatre – it was late, but we were bound and determined to watch War Horse. Rachael loves horses, she’s on the equestrian team at X and has been a rider forever. I am kind of scared of horses – but I did really enjoy the movie. There were some very moving parts, and I cried for the last 30 minutes – it was late and I’m always an emotional wreck. We ran into Pam and Ari exiting the theatre – I’m pretty sure she didn’t think I looked “much better” at that point.. I am not a pretty crier. She was wearing an amazing sequined skirt that somehow we missed at dinner, though.. good for her.

Bed by 1:15 – the only night we were up passed 12. Again, whoops!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom