Pictures of Cakes from Disney World...

DizneyPryncess

OH! That's not too bad.

I didn't think it was that bad, especially since I was saving a lot by moving the wedding from Disney to Pittsburgh. I figured I had some areas where I could spend more. The cake was for some reason so important, and I only got to see it for a couple minutes!

SleepingMonk

Pic of the in-room Birthday setup at Boardwalk....

dsc00245dhz.jpg

MM15Disney

OTOH, when our first had her 16th bday Illuminations cruise (with Captain Ron!), a cake came as part of the package. This was some serious pastry and pretty much the best dessert we ever had in the last 10 years. Had a fruit and icing layer in the center. Fresh as can be. To bad we just about froze our butts off that night out on the water (but that added to the fun):
candy_cake.jpg

So yeah, pre-order is easily 2-3 orders of magnitude better than ordering on-the-fly. Worth the extra cost.

Which cruise did you take, I see there are a few different ones. Where does the boat dock? Was the cake all you had or did you have a meal on the boat as well? Would really like to do this for my birthday trip in September, just not sure if DH will let me spend the $$$

KeithVH

Which cruise did you take, I see there are a few different ones. Where does the boat dock? Was the cake all you had or did you have a meal on the boat as well? Would really like to do this for my birthday trip in September, just not sure if DH will let me spend the $$$
This is the Illuminations Birthday Cruise. However, that was our oldest so that was 2003 (the other 2 had their dinners at R&C out on the balcony).

It is my understanding some things have changed but I don't have concrete details. You can still get a cake through Private Dining. It's just not part of a single package anymore. But I'm not sure if they still drape the boat in birthday banners and balloons. That was such a cool part with people on the shore wishing Candace happy birthday.

The boat docks at Yacht & Beach marina. I would still heartily recommend it if you can do it.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I will be ordering on from The Boardwalk Bakery I guess. We will have it sent to my Mom's room on her birthday, or I will sneak it in. I am also ordering one for my DH & I to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. I'll post pictures of both of them too, but it's not until Sept. either.

snookie5605

graduation cake

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me out. my husband and i are taking my niece to disney for her high school graduation gift and i would really like to get her a custom cake. ive ordered one last year for our 1 year anniversary and i got it through the grand floridian bakery to be deilivered to narcoosee's. the lady on the phone really gave me no options and was quite rude. now dont get me wrong the cake was delicious and beautiful but i was just wondering if anyone could help me with some ideas to give them for a graduation cake. and if anyone has ordered one through the crystal palace which is where i want it for, let me know how it was or send some pictures. thanks!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I called the cake hotline today and had to leave a message.:( Hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow! I want to order the cake! And hopefully they can give me loads of details on what kinds of cakes they have to offer!!

The message did say that if you wanted to order the Celebration Cake, that is what they are calling the cake, you can order at the time of check in at the podium, you can do that with no notice. I believe that is the chocolate and vanilla butter cream cake with nothing personalized.

Fingers crossed I hear from them tomorrow! :sohappy:

Tater48

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me out. my husband and i are taking my niece to disney for her high school graduation gift and i would really like to get her a custom cake. ive ordered one last year for our 1 year anniversary and i got it through the grand floridian bakery to be deilivered to narcoosee's. the lady on the phone really gave me no options and was quite rude. now dont get me wrong the cake was delicious and beautiful but i was just wondering if anyone could help me with some ideas to give them for a graduation cake. and if anyone has ordered one through the crystal palace which is where i want it for, let me know how it was or send some pictures. thanks!

I had Marie from Kingdom Konsultants order one for us for our anniversary. It is going to be brought out to the table and presented to us after dinner at the Crystal Palace. The DW has no idea what is going to happen, or that I would even think of doing something like this, so it will be a total surprise to her. Will post some pictures and let you know how it was after we return on the 23rd.

DizneyPryncess

I called the cake hotline today and had to leave a message.:( Hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow! I want to order the cake! And hopefully they can give me loads of details on what kinds of cakes they have to offer!!

The message did say that if you wanted to order the Celebration Cake, that is what they are calling the cake, you can order at the time of check in at the podium, you can do that with no notice. I believe that is the chocolate and vanilla butter cream cake with nothing personalized.

Fingers crossed I hear from them tomorrow! :sohappy:

Let me know if you hear from them, and how it goes! I haven't heard the best things about the cake hotline. I'm wondering if I should call my resort directly since I want the cake i'm ordering delivered to the room. I was hoping there were a lot of choices - as I've seen so many cool cakes. I wanted something really different. I hope they call you back tomorrow! I'll let you know if I talk to anyone too.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
When I spoke to the cake hotline - no cupcakes. :( But I would try the bakeries! They might be able to do it! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom