Pictures of Cakes from Disney World...

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I have seen a few pictures of some cakes that Disney has to offer. With the Celebrate today thing going on, I would think that there will be a lot of people ordering cakes for b'days & anniversaries. I am going to order one in Oct for our 20th.

Has anyone ever ordered one, and do you have pictures to share?

LuLaSue

Mom and Dad's 40th Anniversary Cake

picture.php

Mom and Dad celebrated there 40th anniversay in December of 2007. I ordered a the cake via The Cake Hotline (the phone number is 407-827-2253). They do require 48 hours notice. The cake was so cute and YUMMO! I would definately do it again! I think this cake ran us about $40 dollars.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
That is so cute!! I really want to do something like this. I wish that they had a web site with pictures so that we could pick one out.

Crazy4WDW1

The worst cake I ever got was at the Prime Time. We had ordered a sweet 16 cake for my friend's daughter. It was so ugly that the manager went to one of the gift shops and grabbed some stuff to put on it. We had some extra decorations with us and we threw them on there as well. Here's how it turned out:
WDWAugust2008107.jpg

However, it looked better than it tasted. Wherever on property they got this, it was not a good tasting cake. It had no flavor.

We got another cake for the Flying Fish, that cake was from the Boardwalk Bakery, it was delicious! I guess it depends where on property the cake comes from is how good of a cake you will get.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
The worst cake I ever got was at the Prime Time. We had ordered a sweet 16 cake for my friend's daughter. It was so ugly that the manager went to one of the gift shops and grabbed some stuff to put on it. We had some extra decorations with us and we threw them on there as well. Here's how it turned out:
WDWAugust2008107.jpg

However, it looked better than it tasted. Wherever on property they got this, it was not a good tasting cake. It had no flavor.

We got another cake for the Flying Fish, that cake was from the Boardwalk Bakery, it was delicious! I guess it depends where on property the cake comes from is how good of a cake you will get.

I think it turned out cute!!

Did you order it in advance, or when you got there? I am thinking of ordering one from the Grand Floridian Bakery. I believe that each resort and restaurant have a special number to call to order directly. I am hoping that more people respond to this thread.

I also saw where Disneys web site has a few cakes for kids. One was a treasure chest I think. I can't remember the other two.

LuLaSue

picture.php

Mom and Dad celebrated there 40th anniversay in December of 2007. I ordered a the cake via The Cake Hotline (the phone number is 407-827-2253). They do require 48 hours notice. The cake was so cute and YUMMO! I would definately do it again! I think this cake ran us about $40 dollars.
The phone number is in this post.

Crazy4WDW1

I think it turned out cute!!

Did you order it in advance, or when you got there? I am thinking of ordering one from the Grand Floridian Bakery. I believe that each resort and restaurant have a special number to call to order directly. I am hoping that more people respond to this thread.

I also saw where Disneys web site has a few cakes for kids. One was a treasure chest I think. I can't remember the other two.

Yes, I did order in advance. I specifically told the person on the phone that it was a Sweet 16 cake and that I wanted hot pink colored flowers, etc. The cake came with the brown cookies on the side and the small little group of flowers. It looked like a cake for my Grandmother! LOL! The manager of the Prime Time, felt bad on how horrible the cake looked. He's was a sweetie.

I too wish there was a site that we could view the cakes, prices, etc. It would be so much easier to order online.

Bug715

My aunt tried twice to order a birthday cake for my mom June 2007 but all mom got was the free cupcake.

My Aunt called the resort before we left and ordered one. When they got to Chef Mickeys she checked at the stand and they didn't show a cake so she ordered one there that wouldn't be as customized but o well. It never came.

I told reservations line that my friend is celebrating her birthday a month early when we're down Spring Break so we'll see what we get. I think I'll say I'm celebrating my College graduation to see what I get. It is true I'll be outta here and headed for FL this summer!!! YAY

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
From what I can tell, you can get a mini wedding cake, it looks like for one person maybe two, for about 25.00. The other cakes start at about 40.00.

I was watching the show Unwrapped the other night, and someone from Disney said that the most expensive wedding cake that they have done cost...... 15,000.00, yes fifteen thousand dollars!! :eek: I hope that they are still married. :ROFLOL:

djpoore94

From what I can tell, you can get a mini wedding cake, it looks like for one person maybe two, for about 25.00. The other cakes start at about 40.00.

I was watching the show Unwrapped the other night, and someone from Disney said that the most expensive wedding cake that they have done cost...... 15,000.00, yes fifteen thousand dollars!! :eek: I hope that they are still married. :ROFLOL:

That is more than my ENTIRE wedding cost. I have seen shows about those wedding cakes though and they are amazing!

LuLaSue

That is more than my ENTIRE wedding cost. I have seen shows about those wedding cakes though and they are amazing!

I can't believe I am going to admit to this but, my wedding cake cost $1,500 I thought that was too much. For $15,000 that cake better feed all of the Magic Kingdom!!!

djpoore94

I can't believe I am going to admit to this but, my wedding cake cost $1,500 I thought that was too much. For $15,000 that cake better feed all of the Magic Kingdom!!!

I can't remember how much my cake was, but I think it was more than the dress! If I had any talent at all, I could make one heck of a cake for $15,000, but sadly, I am lucky I can even do a 13 x 9 cake from a mix :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom