Pictures of Cakes from Disney World...

DizneyPryncess

Well I just ordered a cake for my parent's 35th anniversary. I ordered a 10 inch cake with a Minnie/Mickey design on it. I had seen an 8 inch on here somewhere, but they told me they had a 6 in and then a 10in...oh well, what is an extra 2 inches, lol. We have 10 people, and some of them have major sweet teeth! Hopefully my parents and surprised and it looks, and tastes, great!!!

Yeah I wasn't able to order the 8 inch cake either. I think it depends on what resort or restaurant you order it to. Different places must be able to do different cakes. The 10 inch cake will be fine for 10 people though. We had one for 2 of us, and we barely ate a fourth of it. But for 10 people, it's will be perfect! Hope it turns out great! :)

islesgirl

Yeah I wasn't able to order the 8 inch cake either. I think it depends on what resort or restaurant you order it to. Different places must be able to do different cakes. The 10 inch cake will be fine for 10 people though. We had one for 2 of us, and we barely ate a fourth of it. But for 10 people, it's will be perfect! Hope it turns out great! :)

Yea, the only reason I was thinking the 10 inch might be too big is because we are having it at Boma, which desserts are included in the price. But i figure we will be there for another 4 days after that dinner, so it will get eaten lol. If not it will take the 18 hour drive home, because for that price I am not throwing any away, lol

I just ordered my DH's bday cake today! :sohappy: I changed it from having it delivered to the Rose and Crown on his actual bday - being that we would have to carry around the left over cake for the whole night! :lol: I am having it delievered to the Cali Grill for the day before his bday - a no park day. When I ordered the cake today, I ended up having to call the Contemporary and then they connected me to someone to order the cake on the cake line. I had tried to call and I kept having to leave messages - similar to what happened when I tried to call the Epcot line. And I never heard back - from the Epcot line or the resort line. According to the MK line - they are short staffed. Just a heads up if you are trying to order a cake last minute.

I ordered a 8" Vanilla Buttercream cake - with Mickey and a message to my DH! I'm so excited! I'll post the pic in a couple of weeks!! :sohappy:

Hi! Do you have that picture of the cake? We're celebrating my daughter's bff's 16th birthday at the Cali Grill in August and I would love to see what their cakes look like.
I figure that calling 2 weeks ahead of the reservation should be fine to let them know that we're celebrating and need to order a cake, right?

dixiegirl

Mow question for anyone, I just made breakfast ressie's at Chef Mickey's (always a must for us every trip and for bdays) for our family for Sept, I had told the woman that our girls will both we celebrating their bdays ..and she made note of that and asked if I wanted a cake I know she said it was 21.99 I believe, but there would be no names on it, has anyone ever gotten one from Chef Mickeys? any help would be great!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Does anyone who has used this program in the past know if they have an option for a sugar-free or low-sugar option on the cakes? I've got a reservation for Sunday night at California Grill for my folks 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Unfortunately dad is diabetic so he can't have a sugary cake and if he can't have some I don't want to order the cake and leave him staring at mom and I as we eat it.

elisatonks

picture.php

This was may wedding cake for my reception at California Grill. It was made by the grand floridian bakery.

elisatonks

Does anyone who has used this program in the past know if they have an option for a sugar-free or low-sugar option on the cakes? I've got a reservation for Sunday night at California Grill for my folks 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Unfortunately dad is diabetic so he can't have a sugary cake and if he can't have some I don't want to order the cake and leave him staring at mom and I as we eat it.
i'd ring them asap, the more notice you give them, the easier it becomes for disney to try and accomodate you.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!! :wave:

I didn't get one great picture of the cake for my DH's bday from the Contemporary, but here are a few. You can kind of get the idea. :lol:

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

In the box after the walk home. :lol:

IMG_2223.JPG

It was SOOO delicious!!!!

islesgirl

Hey everyone. I just got back from my trip where I ordered a cake for my parent's 35th anniversary. The cake was beautiful and delicious. I will post a picture when I upload the pics onto my computer. The cake was supposed to have a character image on it and when it came out, it didn't, but the price was $30 cheaper than the woman quoted me on the phone.

So, I am kinda happy there was not picture on the cake, haha. Also, I didn't order a sugar free cake but I did let the waiter know that my father was a diabetic and he brought out a sugar free dessert for him and the other 9 people ate the cake. So that is an option as well.

meatloafsfan

Here is the cake that my Dad ordered for me from the Yachtsmen Steakhouse. In order to get chocolate cake with white icing, he had to order a 10 inch cake. It was good but way too much. The strawberries were a nice touch.

WDWJune2009110.jpg

WDWJune2009111.jpg

WDWJune2009113.jpg

meganw1985

Does anyone know how much the Mickey head cake is? Thinking about ordering it for our trip in Nov. for my son as a surprise because the whole trip will be a surprise. Staying at the WL. Also will the resort deliver a gift to the room from the gift shop if I call and request it?

DizneyPryncess

Does anyone know how much the Mickey head cake is? Thinking about ordering it for our trip in Nov. for my son as a surprise because the whole trip will be a surprise. Staying at the WL. Also will the resort deliver a gift to the room from the gift shop if I call and request it?

The Mickey head cake is $45 plus tax, unless it's changed recently. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure about the gift delivery. From what I know, Disney will deliver cakes & items from Disneyflorist.com. There may be other people who have tried other things before that will be more helpful. Good luck. :)

rufio

Birthday cake we ordered for my mother's birthday. Contemp Bakery did it and we had it at the Cali Grill. It was a 10 inch chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and chocolate mousse filling.

DSC_0993-1.jpg

Beautiful cake! I'm so glad this thread is back!!! Now I'm trying to come up with a reason to get an extra cake!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom