Movies...movies...movies

EpcotServo

The Hangover was really good. (No Pineapple Express/Tropic Thunder) but still a really great comedy with some excellent direction and cinematography.
:sohappy:

EpcotServo

So far...

Seen:
T4-meh
UP-Wh00t. One of Pixar's best.

Seeing this week:
Star Trek- FINALLY!
:hammer::lol:

See the HECK outta' that one.
:D

So here's Servo's Super Short 2009 Movie Revue

1- Up

Nuff' Said

2- Watchmen

It's Watchmen for pete's sake

3- Star Trek

Sliced Amazing with a side of AWESOME

4- Observe & Report

Best comedy of the year, most underrated & misunderstood

5- Land of the Lost

Biggest surprise enjoyment

6- The Hangover

Great direction, funny comedy

7- Terminator Salvation

Isn't as bad as they say

8- Night at the Museum 2

Solid Family Comedy, great casting

9- Angels & Demons

Great acting, thrilling story and good direction.

So we're in uncharted waters now...so far, 9 for 9. No face palm'ers yet.

UPCOMING

-Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Will be awful, but has giant robots. This one should hurt.

-Year One

Looking forward to an afternoon viewing, hopefully enjoyable.

-Inglorious Basterds

Maximum Can't Wait.

-Funny People

Looks fantastic.

-Ponyo (On the Cliff by the Sea)

My pick for the one on the upcoming list most likely to go straight to the top of best movie of the year. Hayo Miyazaki is the finest filmmaker alive today, and his films are nothing short of masterpieces.

2009 = GREAT YEAR OF MOVIES.

EPCOT Explorer

See the HECK outta' that one.

So here's Servo's Super Short 2009 Movie Revue

1- Up

Nuff' Said

2- Watchmen

It's Watchmen for pete's sake

3- Star Trek

Sliced Amazing with a side of AWESOME

4- Observe & Report

Best comedy of the year, most underrated & misunderstood

5- Land of the Lost

Biggest surprise enjoyment

6- The Hangover

Great direction, funny comedy

7- Terminator Salvation

Isn't as bad as they say

8- Night at the Museum 2

Solid Family Comedy, great casting

9- Angels & Demons

Great acting, thrilling story and good direction.

So we're in uncharted waters now...so far, 9 for 9. No face palm'ers yet.

UPCOMING

-Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Will be awful, but has giant robots. This one should hurt.

-Year One

Looking forward to an afternoon viewing, hopefully enjoyable.

-Inglorious Basterds

Maximum Can't Wait.

-Funny People

Looks fantastic.

-Ponyo (On the Cliff by the Sea)

My pick for the one on the upcoming list most likely to go straight to the top of best movie of the year. Hayo Miyazaki is the finest filmmaker alive today, and his films are nothing short of masterpieces.

2009 = GREAT YEAR OF MOVIES.
Good line up, and yes, the HECK will be seen outta ST.:D:sohappy:

imagineer boy

I liked Night at the Museum better than I thought I would. I didn't think it was very funny, but I enjoyed the special effects and Amy Adam's amazing performance.

Lee

Adventurer
Just back from Land of the Lost.
Disappointed.
I expect much funnier from Farrell and McBride. Made me smile a bit, but no "laugh out loud" moments for me at all.
:shrug:

EpcotServo

I need to leave this thread, my favorite Comedy movies are always so poorly reviewed by you people...
:lookaroun :lol:

(And the dismal take for Land of the Lost makes me extremely sad. Underdog-but-Epic sized movies always deserve better takes than they get.)

imagineer boy

Just got back from Transformers, it was dreadful. :hurl: I liked the last one despite its short commings, but I really could not enjoy this one.

The final battle sequence kept going on and on and on and on and on and on longer than the city battle in the last movie, and to make things worse, you couldn't tell who were the descepticons and the autobots and who was shooting at who, it was all so confusing!

Plus Bumblebee and Optimus were barely in the movie at all, and the unlikeable human characters hogged all the screen time. And the jokes were cruder and lamer than the last movie made worse with a shot of John Turturro in a thong. :brick:

And lastly, what was with all the sexploitation?! I felt like I was watching Grindhouse!

Lee

Adventurer
Yep.
Just saw Transformers in Imax.
Looked great...but scratch the surface...nothing there.:shrug:
They could have cut about an hour and improved the movie quite a bit.

Honestly...I liked UP better.

Note to M. Bay: Yeah, explosions and fighting robots are cool...but would it kill you to give us a somewhat intelligent story?

EpcotServo

Just got back from Transformers, it was dreadful. :hurl: I liked the last one despite its short commings, but I really could not enjoy this one.

The final battle sequence kept going on and on and on and on and on and on longer than the city battle in the last movie, and to make things worse, you couldn't tell who were the descepticons and the autobots and who was shooting at who, it was all so confusing!

Plus Bumblebee and Optimus were barely in the movie at all, and the unlikeable human characters hogged all the screen time. And the jokes were cruder and lamer than the last movie made worse with a shot of John Turturro in a thong. :brick:

Yep.
Just saw Transformers in Imax.
Looked great...but scratch the surface...nothing there.:shrug:
They could have cut about an hour and improved the movie quite a bit.

Honestly...I liked UP better.

Note to M. Bay: Yeah, explosions and fighting robots are cool...but would it kill you to give us a somewhat intelligent story?

Ah ha! Now the rubber band's on the rubber claw! Sounds like everything I hated about the first one is bigger and badder.
:lol: :hammer:

Will be seeing it tomorrow...looking for some escapist entertainment right now, have a feeling this will rank low on that scale. Thank goodness there are many much better shows out there I am watching.

And lastly, what was with all the sexploitation?! I felt like I was watching Grindhouse!

NOW THERE'S an IDEA. Put in Grindhouse...I wanna' see that on the big screen again.

EPCOT Explorer

ARRGGGGHH!!!!:brick::fork::fork:

Add me to the hating Transformers Train...

:lol: Just got home from it. I think that was the WORST movie I have ever seen.:lol: Sheesh. Lame, predictable and so long...:brick: Even the humor was off. Honestly, I could see some people taking them as racial slurs.:dazzle: That bad...:zipit:

Anyway, everyone else loved it...:lol::lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Ah ha! Now the rubber band's on the rubber claw! Sounds like everything I hated about the first one is bigger and badder.
:lol: :hammer:

Will be seeing it tomorrow...looking for some escapist entertainment right now, have a feeling this will rank low on that scale. Thank goodness there are many much better shows out there I am watching.

SERVO...Do yourself a favor and see UP again.:brick: I talked to you while WATCHING the thing, that's how bad it was...:lol:

imagineer boy

Even the humor was off. Honestly, I could see some people taking them as racial slurs.:dazzle: That bad...:zipit:

I'm very anti-PC but even I thought those twin robots who were supposed to be like black guys were appallingly offensive.

You know, I think Jar Jar is going to recieve full amnesty after this. :lol:

SirGoofy

I cannot wait to see this movie. It sounds so amazingly bad.

Oh, and there is no way it will ever be worse than The Happening. Seriously that movie was the most ridiculous piece of crap I have ever seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom