Movies...movies...movies

imagineer boy

I was just thinking the other day, maybe the Christopher Nolan Batman movies could have some "origins" movies for certain characters like Catwoman, Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman, etc so that way the main movies can concentrate on Batman's struggles against a certain villain without these other characters clogging up the movies with too much material. Thoughts?

EpcotServo

I was just thinking the other day, maybe the Christopher Nolan Batman movies could have some "origins" movies for certain characters like Catwoman, Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman, etc so that way the main movies can concentrate on Batman's struggles against a certain villain without these other characters clogging up the movies with too much material. Thoughts?

Honestly I say leave it be. The Dark Knight was so perfect I fear a third would be pushing it.

Jasonflz

If you think GI Joe looks bad look at Land of the Lost.
Land of the Lost looks bad
Transformers Revenge of the fallen looks bada**.

dandaman

So I just got back from Angels and Demons... to be honest, I was really looking forward to it, but I liked the book a lot better than the movie. Granted, it's my favourite book, and I probably shouldn't have gone into it thinking of the scenes in my head... and I know that with novel-turned-films like these, certain scenes must be sacrificed. However, it just seemed like they did too many different things, or possibly changed the parts that I liked the most about the story. If they did it for time constraints, fine, but I feel a "truer" story could have been told in the same timeline they used.

protiius

looking froward to this summer, esp. transformers: revenge of the fallen!!

anyone looking forward to the rum diary? (it's a hunter s. thompson film and johnny depp is reprising his role as hunter's character)...i'm really looking forward to it, been waiting for it for about 5 years...i know it's filming atm...anyone got any info?

col

i watched angels and demons and thought it could of been better.
its one of my favourite books and i knew the film wouldnt be as good as the book and i also thought they left bits out that should of been in the film.

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
anyone looking forward to the rum diary? (it's a hunter s. thompson film and johnny depp is reprising his role as hunter's character)...i'm really looking forward to it, been waiting for it for about 5 years...i know it's filming atm...anyone got any info?

All I know is that it's in the 10th or so week of filming, no chickens were mistreated for the cockfighting scene, it's coming out in 2010 and has a running time of 1 hr 45 mins. The PR for it has been oddly quiet

Lee

Adventurer

Nah...Land of the Lost looks hysterical.
McBride + Ferrell = Good Times.
(Ex. Eastbound and Down:ROFLOL:)

Angels & Demons....liked it.
The book was better (of course), but if you put that out of your mind it holds up pretty well. Makes you realize how much historical information Dan Brown packs into his books.

Word of warning: Stay away from the horrible Prom Night remake that just came out on DVD/Blu-Ray. Terrible...just a terrible excuse for a horror/slasher film.:mad:

donvincenzo

Angels & Demons....liked it.
The book was better (of course), but if you put that out of your mind it holds up pretty well. Makes you realize how much historical information Dan Brown packs into his books.

I agree. They strayed from the novel in some instances, and obviously the book was better, but I still thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed this adaptation much more than The Da Vinci Code, which I thought was very disappointing (victim of too much hype? possibly).

One reason I liked this one more was Tom Hanks. In the first, whether his fault or not, I thought he was very stiff and boring and very un-Tom Hanks-like, whereas in this one he was funny and lively, and more what I would expect from him.

Can't wait until The Lost Symbol comes out...

WDWFREAK53

Transformers Revenge of the fallen looks bada**.

Are you saying Land of the Lost looks bad because of the SFX?

If so, I think that's kind of the point. The TV show had really cheesy SFX so they did kinda the same thing as a nod to the original canon.

I'm looking forward to it...it looks hysterical!

(And yes, Transformers:RotF FTW!)

dxwwf3

I'm as big of a Will Ferrell fan as there is anywhere, but I am not excited about Land of the Lost at all. Every trailer and commercial to come out has made this look like a very kiddie movie and then the PG-13 rating shows up. That seems really odd. I thought Kicking and Screaming had some decent moments in it, but was a true family film at heart and that hurt the film. I expect Land of the Lost to be similar.

LiveyMouse22

I would just like to announce how amazing Night at the Museum 2 was. I don't know if anyone has talked about it yet but it was hilarious for people of all ages. I think it might even be better than the first one. They were both awesome!:ROFLOL:I really recommend seeing it if you haven't already and enjoy a good laugh!:D:wave:

EpcotServo

Just got back from Land of the Lost, it did surprise as it was quite hilarious and had all the 70's cheezy sci-fi I wanted.
:lol: :D

Plus, MICHAEL GIACCHINO did the score too! Meaning that Star Trek, Up, & Land of the Lost all have great scores! (He's great...he can even make 70's action music and Banjos work together beautifully. :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom