Movies...movies...movies

NemoRocks78

Seized
Transformers blew my freaking mind away, just like the first did. Freaking epic. Big effing robots... big effing explosions... good laughs... and lots and lots and lots of Megan Fox. Just a great ride. Do trust that I shall partake in multiple IMAX viewings. :king:

transformers-smiley-001.gif

EPCOT Explorer

Transformers blew my freaking mind away, just like the first did. Freaking epic. Big effing robots... big effing explosions... good laughs... and lots and lots and lots of Megan Fox. Just a great ride. Do trust that I shall partake in multiple IMAX viewings. :king:

:dazzle: You gotta be kidding.

:lol: I have no idea why people are so enamored with this. Megan Fox is nice too look at...buteractingsucks.:lookaroun
I'm very anti-PC but even I thought those twin robots who were supposed to be like black guys were appallingly offensive.

You know, I think Jar Jar is going to recieve full amnesty after this. :lol:
YES!:sohappy: SERIOUSLY! I'm the same way, very liberal, and I appreciate humor (oh hai, Family Guy), but when they make the same joke for the entire movie, it gets really offensive. Almost mocking of the stereotype.:rolleyes:

krankenstein

I'm very anti-PC but even I thought those twin robots who were supposed to be like black guys were appallingly offensive.

I thought they were want to be gangster types (ie K-Fed). I never really noticed anything other than that about them during the movie, especially that they were offending people. Discovered that when I got home and started reading articles. :shrug:

Agreed! It wasn't suppose to be one of the best movies ever from an emotional or plot stand point. It was just a fun ride. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I thought they were want to be gangster types (ie K-Fed). I never really noticed anything other than that about them during the movie, especially that they were offending people. Discovered that when I got home and started reading articles. :shrug:

Agreed! It wasn't suppose to be one of the best movies ever from an emotional or plot stand point. It was just a fun ride. :shrug:

As for the racial robots...It was funny the first time. I laughed. Then, it just gets old,because you see that they are poking fun, or even mocking people. Honestly. I am ALL for a bit of risque and hysterical and eve insensitive jokes (Hello, Letterman!) but when they prolong it, and give you a chance to wonder (Which they do, the moving is that boring...) about the true character and true intent of the joke, it gets offensive.

Look at Family Guy. Filled with jokes that make you groan, but laugh. But, get this. You only groan for a few secs. With this movie...I groaned the entire time.:dazzle:

As for the movie being fun....I posted this on Facebook:
he movie was hell. LOL. Seriously how UNoriginal, lame and how much more predictable can you get? It's typical movie fodder. Make it long and full of petty acting so they make money and people buy popcorn. Sorry, I'm not going along with the crowd with this one. Everyone keeps saying I need some taste, but honestly, I think people need to wake up, and look at the bigger picture of a movie. YES, it's meant to be JUST for fun, but there are ways to do it in which its tasteful, and more professional. Not cheap.

No offense to any of you who feel different, but this is how I feel. LOL. Don't take this as a argument.

[/Rebuttal]

dxwwf3

Oh, and there is no way it will ever be worse than The Happening. Seriously that movie was the most ridiculous piece of crap I have ever seen.

At least I thought the first 15-20 minutes of The Happening was pretty good.

I highly doubt I would get 15-20 seconds of enjoyment out of Transformers 2.

EPCOT Explorer

At least I thought the first 15-20 minutes of The Happening was pretty good.

I highly doubt I would get 15-20 seconds of enjoyment out of Transformers 2.

The first hour is nice...Good humor...Good action...Good building plot...But the second IT happens, you know what the rest of the movie is about, and what happens.:brick:

By the way...IT was lame.:lol::lookaroun Seriously? They are allowed to do that?

***SPOILER****

He should have stayed dead.:zipit::lol::lookaroun Oh, and Robots die in the first place?:lookaroun

Went to see TF2 last night. It was ok, probably a 7 out of 10, where as the first was about 9 out of 10. Far too many Transformers in this, with alot thrown in (Ratchet kind of just appears, I think Jazz was in it, Arcee was pretty pointless) but I did like the twins. I know that's probably not a popular view but I liked them.

imagineer boy

BTW, what happened to Bumblebee's voice? He learned to speak at the end of the first movie, but in this one he's mute and talks through his car radio again. What happened!?

Yeah that annoyed me. There wasn't any real focus on any of the bots. Not even Prime or the Fallen. Really the Fallen was only in it for the last 10 minutes. They should've scaled down the bots and spent more time 'fleshing' out them because that was one of the main complaints from the first one.

EpcotServo

SERVO...Do yourself a favor and see UP again.:brick: I talked to you while WATCHING the thing, that's how bad it was...:lol:

Enh, you're talking to a MST-Veteran. I can take any stinkburger any time of the day...The Art of the Riff.
:D

WHAT!?!?!? RACIAL STEREOTYPES in a MICHAEL BAY FILM!?!?!? I don't believe it!

:eek:

:lookaroun

:lol:

Seriously guys? REALLY? Did ANY of you watch Transformers, Con Air, The Rock, Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2, The Island, Armageddon, or...TRANSFORMERS? I mean REALLY? Watch the first one again. Yeah...saw that coming.

I cannot wait to see this movie. It sounds so amazingly bad.

Oh, and there is no way it will ever be worse than The Happening. Seriously that movie was the most ridiculous piece of crap I have ever seen.

The Happening. No part of that is good ever. EVER. (Which stinks because Lady in the Water was his best film...what a letdown follow up.:brick:)

As for the racial robots...It was funny the first time. I laughed. Then, it just gets old,because you see that they are poking fun, or even mocking people. Honestly. I am ALL for a bit of risque and hysterical and eve insensitive jokes (Hello, Letterman!) but when they prolong it, and give you a chance to wonder (Which they do, the moving is that boring...) about the true character and true intent of the joke, it gets offensive.

Again, see above. Watch the first one. Or any of Mr.Bay's films.

I hate to tell you I told you so...

But I did bloody well tell you...

I'm still looking forward too it, because I want to see if he can accelerate into WARP BLOW. You see, all his other films are bad, but moderately bad. Mundane and awful. But you see there's a special event horizon of REAL bad movies, when they are so bad they become a warped dimension where anything is possible. You fall into a surreal daze that such a terrible thing exists, you question existence. You laugh-And realize you're seeing something so bad, it can only be a product of pure chaos theorem. No Human could PURPOSEFULLY make something THIS bad. It's only happened a few times for me..."Manos: The Hands of Fate."..."The Oscar"..."Skidoo"..."The Apple". Look them up, and blow your mind with TRUE bad film making.

io9 thinks it crosses that, I want to see if it will...

http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie

EPCOT Explorer

Enh, you're talking to a MST-Veteran. I can take any stinkburger any time of the day...The Art of the Riff.
:D

WHAT!?!?!? RACIAL STEREOTYPES in a MICHAEL BAY FILM!?!?!? I don't believe it!

:eek:

:lol:

Seriously guys? REALLY? Did ANY of you watch Transformers, Con Air, The Rock, Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2, The Island, Armageddon, or...TRANSFORMERS? I mean REALLY? Watch the first one again. Yeah...saw that coming.

The Happening. No part of that is good ever. EVER. (Which stinks because Lady in the Water was his best film...what a letdown follow up.:brick:)

Again, see above. Watch the first one. Or any of Mr.Bay's films.

I hate to tell you I told you so...

But I did bloody well tell you...

So!? It's still wrong, low, and disgusting.

SirGoofy

I really liked it. There. It was a little too long, and needed some editing here and there, but overall I really enjoyed it. I went in realizing it was going to be a robot slamfest filled with explosions and no plot, and I was appeased.

I really think people are overreacting about the Twins. They were barely in the thing, and I didn't find anything remotely racist about them.

I found the humor to be on par with the last one, and the fight scenes were much, much better.

On a side note, I want to be Optimus Prime when I grow up.

EPCOT Explorer

I really liked it. There. It was a little too long, and needed some editing here and there, but overall I really enjoyed it. I went in realizing it was going to be a robot slamfest filled with explosions and no plot, and I was appeased.

I really think people are overreacting about the Twins. They were barely in the thing, and I didn't find anything remotely racist about them.

I found the humor to be on par with the last one, and the fight scenes were much, much better.

On a side note, I want to be Optimus Prime when I grow up.

You are dead to me.:mad::lol::lol::lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't see how you hated it so much. I mean it wasn't great, but no where near as bad as you are saying it is.:shrug:

I don't know why it got me mad, either.:lol: I know the racial overtones got me mad, but I think I'm more angry how so many people just go nuts over something like this, when it's just a movie, and not in a good way.

We better stop now, before I delve deep into collective psychology and my thoughts on the American Populous and it's issues.:cool::lookaroun:lol:

SirGoofy

I don't know why it got me mad, either.:lol: I know the racial overtones got me mad, but I think I'm more angry how so many people just go nuts over something like this, when it's just a movie, and not in a good way.

We better stop now, before I delve deep into collective psychology and my thoughts on the American Populous and it's issues.:cool::lookaroun:lol:

Eh, I'll agree about probably whatever you have to say about America, but I've always loved TF since I was a kid, so I was probably going to like it no matter what.

And personally, I still don't think the Twins were racist. I think they were a parody of people trying to act like that, but that's just me.

Then again, I don't know if Michael Bay knows what the word parody means...so yea.

krankenstein

Eh, I'll agree about probably whatever you have to say about America, but I've always loved TF since I was a kid, so I was probably going to like it no matter what.

And personally, I still don't think the Twins were racist. I think they were a parody of people trying to act like that, but that's just me.

Then again, I don't know if Michael Bay knows what the word parody means...so yea.

Same, I thought they were the want to be gangster types. :shrug:

It wasn't a "best movie of the year", but it wasn't suppose to be. What's wrong with going to a movie occasionally and letting your mind go numb and enjoying explosions, huge robots, and hot chicks? :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

But that's the thing...They were NOT people. They were created BY people. When a person acts like that, or even if it's their real personality, it's them. It's how they are.

But here, it's CREATED. Those traits are used, thought of, and MOLDED into this character. And when its done in a way of a joke, and done for effect it seems like they are mocking and poking fun of a race. To me, it's the fact that someone made it this way, it's not the "natural" way of acting. Odd thoughts, I know...But this is what was running through my mind as Shia and Ms. Fox the Brat were running through Egypt.:rolleyes::lol:

Yes, I was that bored. It was also about that time that I started Twittering about the EPCOT Fire with Krankenstein and EpcotServo.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Same, I thought they were the want to be gangster types. :shrug:

It wasn't a "best movie of the year", but it wasn't suppose to be. What's wrong with going to a movie occasionally and letting your mind go numb and enjoying explosions, huge robots, and hot chicks? :lol:

Nothing wrong with it at all. I loved the first hour of this movie. It was just to damn long. It was typical movie fodder to make buy people buy popcorn...cheap, in my views.

Everyone keeps saying I need some taste, but honestly, I think people need to wake up, and look at the bigger picture of a movie. YES, it's meant to be JUST for fun, but there are ways to do it in which its tasteful, and more professional. Not cheap.

krankenstein

Nothing wrong with it at all. I loved the first hour of this movie. It was just to damn long. It was typical movie fodder to make buy people buy popcorn...cheap, in my views.

I'll agree that it was too long.

The one thing I wish is that they would've spent some more time talking about the which Autobots and Decepticons were in the movie. I honestly didn't realize the satellite one was suppose to be Soundwave until I got home and started reading articles on the web. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom