Movies...movies...movies

EPCOT Explorer

I'll agree that it was too long.

The one thing I wish is that they would've spent some more time talking about the which Autobots and Decepticons were in the movie. I honestly didn't realize the satellite one was suppose to be Soundwave until I got home and started reading articles on the web. :shrug:

Yeah, same. I thought he was the leader of the Fallen at first.:shrug:

SirGoofy

I'll agree that it was too long.

The one thing I wish is that they would've spent some more time talking about the which Autobots and Decepticons were in the movie. I honestly didn't realize the satellite one was suppose to be Soundwave until I got home and started reading articles on the web. :shrug:

Agreed. That was my one gripe. It was too long, but didn't use its length to develop the new Autobots. I couldn't care less about the new Decepticons to tell you the truth.

I was happy that there was more Megatron/Starscream bickering this time around, and Optimus was a total bad@$$.

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed. That was my one gripe. It was too long, but didn't use its length to develop the new Autobots. I couldn't care less about the new Decepticons to tell you the truth.

I was happy that there was more Megatron/Starscream bickering this time around, and Optimus was a total bad@$$.

:lookaroun

I guess no one else thought his voice was corny?

Sheesh, I'm the odd man out here.:lol::lol::lookaroun

I did not for one second get any racial overtones. Not until I came online after it and everyone was up in arms.

See I like the comic relief in the Transformer's movies so I suppose I'm in the minority.

I always feel they remind me of 80's movies, before everything became dead serious.

EPCOT Explorer

MSN has a great review...:drevil::lol:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/?ppud=4&

Fave quotes...

I have an inner child; he's just not an inner idiot.

And no, I can't shut my brain off and have fun, anymore than I could rip out my tongue and enjoy a meal, because my brain is where I feel fun.

And I haven't even begun to talk about the racist-caricature robots of "The Twins," who speak in thug slang and "aren't much for reading" and talk about getting "up in that __a_s_s__," and one of whom has, I wish I were kidding, a gold tooth. Or about how when the film isn't drooling over Megan Fox's poreless, lifeless form and visage, it's busy calling women "" and throwing around "___(P word for a cat :lookaroun :lol:)_______" as an insult.

The best thing about "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is that it's perhaps the funniest movie of the year (Oh, look, Optimus Prime's fallen robo-corpse is being lain to rest at sunset, waaaah-wwwwwwanh, sad-trom-bone ...). The worst thing is that ticket-buying masses will shower stupid spectacle with success one more time because they don't want, need or expect anything better from big Hollywood.

krankenstein

No, Optimus' voice is perfection! Peter Cullen has been doing the voice of Optimus Prime in the movies since the 80's and he shall continue! :D

BTW, he also does Eeyore's voice. :lookaroun

I did not for one second get any racial overtones. Not until I came online after it and everyone was up in arms.

See I like the comic relief in the Transformer's movies so I suppose I'm in the minority.

I always feel they remind me of 80's movies, before everything became dead serious.

Exactly the same here. Maybe I just don't understand it because I never get offended when people make fun of my stereotype (redneck/country boy). I am one, but it doesn't bother me when people makes fun of us. I don't understand why anybody else would care either. :shrug:

SirGoofy

Agreed. While The Dark Knight is one of my top 5 movies of all time. I cringe when comic book/new cartoon movies are trying to be TDK/Batman Begins.

Dark works for Batman because he is a dark character. Transformers is a bunch of robots that turn into cars. I enjoy the light heatedness of the movies. it's a nice escape from every superhero movie that tries to be dark and brooding with these grand social commentaries.

As for Bruno/Borat, I hated Borat, but Bruno looks passable.

Definately. It reminds me othose Goonies / Monster Squad type movie of the 80's which if we're honest and go back, were full of infantile humour. Transformers doesn't need to be dead serious. I think I'd like the 2nd one better if I watched it at home, rather than sitting in the theatre for 2hrs 30 mins.

imagineer boy

The funny thing is, I tend to be a huge enjoyer of dumb popcorn flick movies and defend them while everyone else is down on them, but for some reason I really did not like Transformers 2. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

The funny thing is, I tend to be a huge enjoyer of dumb popcorn flick movies and defend them while everyone else is down on them, but for some reason I really did not like Transformers 2. :shrug:

I think you and I are the only ones.:lookaroun:lol:

Bruno..eh. Not gonna bother seeing it.

Pelham 123..HELL YES!:lol::sohappy: Walked into 5 mins of it after I saw Trans. WOW. It looks incredible. I would like to see that today...:lol:

EpcotServo

Hey! Say what you want about the film, Peter Cullen has an awesome voice. Just listen to him say "ONLY on Toonami..."

:D

Pelham 123..HELL YES!:lol::sohappy: Walked into 5 mins of it after I saw Trans. WOW. It looks incredible. I would like to see that today...:lol:

No thank you.

For those of you just joining us, we're coming up on some possibly great stuff like Public Enemies, BLOOD: The Last Vampire, Funny People, District 9, Ponyo (on the cliff by the Sea), MOON (Still not showing in real theaters), Inglorious Basterds, and Cold Souls.

Did I forget anything? (Don't say G.I.Joe, that doesn't count as anything.)

SirGoofy

So coming back to this was Jazz in this movie or not?

Nope, dead as a doornail.

For those of you just joining us, we're coming up on some possibly great stuff like Public Enemies, BLOOD: The Last Vampire, Funny People, District 9, Ponyo (on the cliff by the Sea), MOON (Still not showing in real theaters), Inglorious Basterds, and Cold Souls.

Did I forget anything? (Don't say G.I.Joe, that doesn't count as anything.)

GI Joe looks like the biggest turd of a movie. Funny People, District 9, and Public Enemies are all must sees for me.

I thought that. So who was the new silver one?

I think they had too many bots and not really any explanation of who was who? It felt like a tv show more than a movie where characters just drop in and then disappear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom