**It's UNOFFICIAL** The '13 Unofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

Disneyfalcon

Everyone is still so quiet!:)

It's been a long week so I came here to cheer up! How was everyone's Thanksgivings? Did anyone buy any exciting Christmas gifts yet?

HollyBelle

It's been a long week so I came here to cheer up! How was everyone's Thanksgivings? Did anyone buy any exciting Christmas gifts yet?

Let's see, we spent Thanksgiving at Disney World, so I'd say it was pretty fabulous. As for Christmas presents, Brett and I bought our first HOUSE! Hooray! We close on December 20th... Merry Christmas to us. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Can you tell how excited I am?! :D

Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving holiday!

Disneyfalcon

Let's see, we spent Thanksgiving at Disney World, so I'd say it was pretty fabulous. As for Christmas presents, Brett and I bought our first HOUSE! Hooray! We close on December 20th... Merry Christmas to us. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Can you tell how excited I am?! :D

I'm following you from thread to thread!:lol:

A new house!! That is so awesome!! Congratulations!!

HollyBelle

I'm following you from thread to thread!:lol:

A new house!! That is so awesome!! Congratulations!!

I'm totally stalking you! It sure beats doing real work on a Friday afternoon!!

Thanks! We're super excited, not only is it pretty much exactly what we wanted, but we miraculously landed a great deal.

Disneyfalcon

I'm totally stalking you! It sure beats doing real work on a Friday afternoon!!

Thanks! We're super excited, not only is it pretty much exactly what we wanted, but we miraculously landed a great deal.

That is completely awesome. Do you get to move in before Christmas?

HollyBelle

That is completely awesome. Do you get to move in before Christmas?

This stalking is becoming quite comical!! Yes, we're set to close on December 20th, which means we'll get the keys that very day. We may get lucky and close the 16th, which I'm hoping for because that means we'll be moving the following weekend and not on Christmas Eve. Either way though, we'll make it work. Sure we might be sleeping on an air mattress and toasting our champagne flutes in a house that has nothing but a Christmas tree up, but we're totally okay with it, so long as we get to spend Christmas there. :lol: It's just so exciting - one of the goals we set for ourselves last January was to be in our very own house by the end of the year!!! I feel very lucky. Huzzah!

Disneyfalcon

This stalking is becoming quite comical!! Yes, we're set to close on December 20th, which means we'll get the keys that very day. We may get lucky and close the 16th, which I'm hoping for because that means we'll be moving the following weekend and not on Christmas Eve. Either way though, we'll make it work. Sure we might be sleeping on an air mattress and toasting our champagne flutes in a house that has nothing but a Christmas tree up, but we're totally okay with it, so long as we get to spend Christmas there. :lol: It's just so exciting - one of the goals we set for ourselves last January was to be in our very own house by the end of the year!!! I feel very lucky. Huzzah!

I know! We are having two conversations at the same time!:lol:

You just made your goal! That will be so fun to have your first Christmas there!

NewfieFan

We closed our very first home on the same day! But we moved a week a later (Dec. 27th). It was a crazy Christmas that year, our son was only 16 mths old and still really didn't know what was going on. Christmas morning consisted of unwrapping presents and then placing them in boxes! :lol: We hired movers to help with the funiture and big stuff. They showed up a day earlier (we were suppose to move on the 28th), one of the movers actually picked up my Christmas tree with the decorations still on it and started carrying it out the door. I was like, "Woah, hang on fella... let me at least take off the ornaments!

Happy first house - it's such a wonderful thing! :D

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Oh yes. Busy busy since the holiday weekend. The boys & I are in Alabama visiting my folks for a few weeks. Tracey started his new job last Monday then flew to Kansas for 10 days. We'll all reconvene in Texas in another week or so. Then we'll be hitting the highway for Tenessee for Christmas/New Years week. Since we're not going to be home for most of December I didn't even bother to take any decorations out of the attic. Kinda makes me sad but there's no sense in going thru all that.

Congrats, Holly! That's so awesome! A first home in time for Christmas! **siiiigh**. So romantical when I think back to our first Christmas in our first little house. That's the good stuff...

Sarah, how's all the stuff with your house coming??? I keep hoping for everything to fall into place easy-peasy for y'all.

I'm mostly done with my Christmas shopping. Tammy, do you notice it getting harder and more expensive as your kiddos get older? I miss buying toys! Chan wants a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle with red dot sights (for target shooting, looks sorta like an AR platform). Brian wants an iPad 2. Yikes! I wish we were buying pedal cars and wagons again. Lol!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, congratulations, Holly, that's fantastic!! Best of luck with the new house. :sohappy:

I'm working on getting all my Christmas decorations out and up--I go a little overboard at Christmas :eek: One of today's goals is to get the Disney tree finished.

Disneyfalcon

I'm mostly done with my Christmas shopping. Tammy, do you notice it getting harder and more expensive as your kiddos get older? I miss buying toys! Chan wants a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle with red dot sights (for target shooting, looks sorta like an AR platform). Brian wants an iPad 2. Yikes! I wish we were buying pedal cars and wagons again. Lol!

So true!! The only good thing about their presents now is how compact they usually are!!

No more figuring out how to get a Little Tykes wagon home from Grandmas!:lol:

I'm working on getting all my Christmas decorations out and up--I go a little overboard at Christmas :eek: One of today's goals is to get the Disney tree finished.

Disney trees! Awesome.

Overboard? Not me. I only have 27 Christmas trees this year. :lookaroun:D

HollyBelle

We closed our very first home on the same day! But we moved a week a later (Dec. 27th). It was a crazy Christmas that year, our son was only 16 mths old and still really didn't know what was going on. Christmas morning consisted of unwrapping presents and then placing them in boxes! :lol: We hired movers to help with the funiture and big stuff. They showed up a day earlier (we were suppose to move on the 28th), one of the movers actually picked up my Christmas tree with the decorations still on it and started carrying it out the door. I was like, "Woah, hang on fella... let me at least take off the ornaments!

Happy first house - it's such a wonderful thing! :D

Thanks, Sarah. Wow... I can only imagine what it must've been like to open gifts and then put them into boxes - that's crazy! As Kelly said, I hope everything is going well with the house right now and everything is falling into place.

Congrats, Holly! That's so awesome! A first home in time for Christmas! **siiiigh**. So romantical when I think back to our first Christmas in our first little house. That's the good stuff...

Oh, congratulations, Holly, that's fantastic!! Best of luck with the new house. :sohappy:

Thanks, Siobhan and Kelly. We're so excited!

Siobhan... can we see a picture of that tree once it's up?! I love Christmas trees - especially Disney inspired Christmas trees.

Tis the season!!

NewfieFan

Ugh, the house! It's still tore up and everytime I answer a phone call it's more bad news. They can't match my flooring (it's only 18mths old) so they may have to tear up the main floor if the color is off by a lot! The thought of having to tear up all that flooring makes me ill! And the dryer is definitely broke... I was hoping it was a faulty hose or something but the water is coming out through the bottom of the dryer (I have a steam dryer). So that means I have to call Sears again for the third time and tell them another dryer is not working. Frankly, I don't know if I can deal with Sears and the repair guys again... I'm so sick of men treating me like an idiot (no offense to any guys out there but there's still an attitude that exists when men are dealing with woman and appliances)!

I'm trying to stay positive... things could be worse, a lot worse. I put up the kids Christmas tree in our basement/rec room. And I may wait to put up the rest until I find out what's going on with the house. I'm finding it very hard to get in the Christmas spirit this year, I'm sure it will come in time!

diddy_mouse

I FINALLY found this thread...better late than never, right?

I would absolutely love join you ladies on this cruise, but my husband and I would have just come off a Disney vacation that we've already had to rearrange three times. (December '11 turned into February '12 which turned into May '12) :hammer: Funny how life throws you curve balls every once and a while? But that's how we roll when it comes to WDW.

I know that one day I will take a Disney cruise but in the meantime I'll just live vicariously through these wonderful trip reports. If anything I'll be there in spirit! When you guys get back this will truly be the most epic trip report EVER!

joanna71985

Sorry I haven't been around lately! I've just been so busy with work :eek:

Thanksgiving was good. I flew home to NJ for a few days, which was nice. I got my big Christmas present there...the Nikon D5100! I can't wait to use it on my upcoming cruise

Disneyfalcon

I would absolutely love join you ladies on this cruise, but my husband and I would have just come off a Disney vacation that we've already had to rearrange three times. (December '11 turned into February '12 which turned into May '12) :hammer: Funny how life throws you curve balls every once and a while? But that's how we roll when it comes to WDW.

I know that one day I will take a Disney cruise but in the meantime I'll just live vicariously through these wonderful trip reports. If anything I'll be there in spirit! When you guys get back this will truly be the most epic trip report EVER!

Well if your trip turns to 14, then you know where we'll be!!:D

Thanksgiving was good. I flew home to NJ for a few days, which was nice. I got my big Christmas present there...the Nikon D5100! I can't wait to use it on my upcoming cruise

That is an awesome Christmas present! We want to see lots of pictures!!

Ariel484

Good luck getting ready for the holidays, everyone!

Congrats!! Good luck with the move! :sohappy:

Things have been somewhat stressful on my end...horrible project at work (that just ended, THANK GOD), both the husband and the dog have been sick for awhile, we had to get a new dishwasher AND get the hot water heater repaired...when it rains, it pours, right? :hammer:

I just need to close my eyes and go to my happy place, i.e., somewhere on the Disney Dream with a drink in my hand! Ahhh...:D

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Disney trees! Awesome.

Overboard? Not me. I only have 27 Christmas trees this year. :lookaroun:D

Well, now, I am going to use that to defend myself against the scrooges who tell me I'm nuts for putting up my 5 trees.

Maybe that will cause them to disregard the fact that, inspired by WDW, pretty much every horizontal ledge in my house has a decorated (and themed!) garland.

Siobhan... can we see a picture of that tree once it's up?! I love Christmas trees - especially Disney inspired Christmas trees.

Tis the season!!

You betcha. Although it's got nothing on your plush tree. That is the cutest thing ever.

Ugh, the house! It's still tore up and everytime I answer a phone call it's more bad news. They can't match my flooring (it's only 18mths old) so they may have to tear up the main floor if the color is off by a lot! The thought of having to tear up all that flooring makes me ill! And the dryer is definitely broke... I was hoping it was a faulty hose or something but the water is coming out through the bottom of the dryer (I have a steam dryer). So that means I have to call Sears again for the third time and tell them another dryer is not working. Frankly, I don't know if I can deal with Sears and the repair guys again... I'm so sick of men treating me like an idiot (no offense to any guys out there but there's still an attitude that exists when men are dealing with woman and appliances)!

I'm trying to stay positive... things could be worse, a lot worse. I put up the kids Christmas tree in our basement/rec room. And I may wait to put up the rest until I find out what's going on with the house. I'm finding it very hard to get in the Christmas spirit this year, I'm sure it will come in time!

Oh, my goodness gracious, that it way too much to have to deal with at any time of year, I admire you for trying to stay positive--it would absolutely be very hard to conjure up any Christmas spirit with those circumstances. I totally sympathize on the attitude problem, too--that's why I always make my husband take my car in for service.

Hey, you never know what might happen between now and Sept 2013!! It would be great to have you along! :lol::wave:

Joanna, I didn't know you were a Northeasterner! North or South Jersey? This bodes well for our cruise, roomie! :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Well, now, I am going to use that to defend myself against the scrooges who tell me I'm nuts for putting up my 5 trees.

Maybe that will cause them to disregard the fact that, inspired by WDW, pretty much every horizontal ledge in my house has a decorated (and themed!) garland.

I love it! We need to post pictures!!

My hubby used to say that we couldn't put up two trees (one on each level of the house) because it was pretentious.:lookaroun:lol:

He changed when we went to a friend's house (a small base house) with over 50 trees. It was incredibly stunning. My 27 trees crammed into our small townhouse has nothing on that one. :)

PartOfYourWorld

Hi Ladies!!!! :wave:

So me (Jess) and my mom Diane (I forget what her username is on here) were thinking of joining this fabulous Magical Dream Cruise you are all embarking on!!!

I will be e-mailing Tammy with a few questions soon. But I have a few questions for all of you! So we have never been on a cruise before. I'm not a fan of being out in the middle of the ocean (I'm not a huge fan of the water!) And I'm not sure if there would be any motion I would feel icky over...I'll go on any ride in any themepark no matter how crazy it is usually and don't get motion sickness or anything of the such. But I don't know how being on a cruise ship would feel. For those of you who have how is it?? Did you have to take anything, did you feel icky at all? Thanks for the help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom