**It's UNOFFICIAL** The '13 Unofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

Disneyfalcon

Hi Ladies!!!! :wave:

So me (Jess) and my mom Diane (I forget what her username is on here) were thinking of joining this fabulous Magical Dream Cruise you are all embarking on!!!

I will be e-mailing Tammy with a few questions soon. But I have a few questions for all of you! So we have never been on a cruise before. I'm not a fan of being out in the middle of the ocean (I'm not a huge fan of the water!) And I'm not sure if there would be any motion I would feel icky over...I'll go on any ride in any themepark no matter how crazy it is usually and don't get motion sickness or anything of the such. But I don't know how being on a cruise ship would feel. For those of you who have how is it?? Did you have to take anything, did you ufeel icky at all? Thanks for the help!

Yay! More cruisers!!
I do get motion sickness pretty easily so I take non drowsy Dramamine every day just for preventive measures. I can feel the movement but it doesn't bother me then.:)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Hi Ladies!!!! :wave:

So me (Jess) and my mom Diane (I forget what her username is on here) were thinking of joining this fabulous Magical Dream Cruise you are all embarking on!!!

I will be e-mailing Tammy with a few questions soon. But I have a few questions for all of you! So we have never been on a cruise before. I'm not a fan of being out in the middle of the ocean (I'm not a huge fan of the water!) And I'm not sure if there would be any motion I would feel icky over...I'll go on any ride in any themepark no matter how crazy it is usually and don't get motion sickness or anything of the such. But I don't know how being on a cruise ship would feel. For those of you who have how is it?? Did you have to take anything, did you feel icky at all? Thanks for the help!

I don't normally have a problem with motion sickness but non-drowsy Dramamine makes me super sleepy. Bonine (active ingredient: meclazine) worked fantastic for us! :wave:

Yay more cruisers! You'll sooooo have a blast! :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

Yay! More cruisers!!
I do get motion sickness pretty easily so I take non drowsy Dramamine every day just for preventive measures. I can feel the movement but it doesn't bother me then.:)

Thank you!!! :)

I don't normally have a problem with motion sickness but non-drowsy Dramamine makes me super sleepy. Bonine (active ingredient: meclazine) worked fantastic for us! :wave:

Yay more cruisers! You'll sooooo have a blast! :sohappy:

:sohappy: Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you!!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
New cruisers added! Welcome to Jessica / PartOfYourWorld and her mom, Diane! Y'all are on the 'The List'! Few questions: Jessica/Jess which of those names do you go by??? I want to get the front page right. Also, does your mom know her username here? I'd love to post that, too. I'm so excited to have another addition for the list. I'm so psyched for the girls cruise! Yaaaayyy!!!! :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I was just updating the front page and reading thru some of the first page posts. Did we ever decide if we wanted to post which dinner seating we have with our stateroom number(s)? That's info that can easily be modified if people change their rotations and would be neat to see. I guess if you want your dining rotation posted you can post here with your stateroom number and which you have....like for me it would be:

6122 / 2nd seating

Disneyfalcon

I was just updating the front page and reading thru some of the first page posts. Did we ever decide if we wanted to post which dinner seating we have with our stateroom number(s)? That's info that can easily be modified if people change their rotations and would be neat to see. I guess if you want your dining rotation posted you can post here with your stateroom number and which you have....like for me it would be:

6122 / 2nd seating

I don't think we did! Right now I'm linking all the rooms, assuming we want to eat together. I figured we could all decide on a seating together.

If anyone wants to eat alone, of course they can!

So far it seems like a few people really want late seating and no one else cares too much.

I've been booking us all together in early seating just in case! It's easy to switch to late, not as easy to switch to early.:)

Disneyfalcon

New cruisers added! Welcome to Jessica / PartOfYourWorld and her mom, Diane! Y'all are on the 'The List'! Few questions: Jessica/Jess which of those names do you go by??? I want to get the front page right. Also, does your mom know her username here? I'd love to post that, too. I'm so excited to have another addition for the list. I'm so psyched for the girls cruise! Yaaaayyy!!!! :sohappy:

:sohappy:

plaz10

I don't care which seating we eat at. Most of you are cruise-pros and I'm quite the opposite. So I trust in you! A later seating may be better so that I don't get too full too early. I want to maximize my eating/drinking capacity per hours per day. :ROFLOL:

Getting more excited!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
On embarkation day we weren't even out of the port entirely before we had to run to get dressed for 1st seating. We had just 20 minutes to shower and dress. That was a reoccuring theme: cutting short what we were doing to get to dinner. We were somewhat late every night, too. That's my thinking for 2nd seating. I didn't know if we could split up or if it went by stateroom or what. I guess I was thinking it was by stateroom. I must be confusing that with our other cruises we have booked. :hammer: :p

Disneyfalcon

On embarkation day we weren't even out of the port entirely before we had to run to get dressed for 1st seating. We had just 20 minutes to shower and dress. That was a reoccuring theme: cutting short what we were doing to get to dinner. We were somewhat late every night, too. That's my thinking for 2nd seating. I didn't know if we could split up or if it went by stateroom or what. I guess I was thinking it was by stateroom. I must be confusing that with our other cruises we have booked. :hammer: :p

It is by stateroom. I don't think you can split up into two seatings if you're in the stateroom, but maybe you could! I've never tried it before. Not many families want to split up. Well most days anyway. :lookaroun:lol:

Now if we get a bunch of people who want early and a bunch who want late we could definitely split into two groups. We could work that out even if it was split between staterooms because we just need a chair for each person. It doesn't matter what their name is.

I always felt like there's not much difference between early and late if you are planning on going to the shows. In other words you have to be back onboard in time for the show or dinner, one of the two.

The shows do start a little later than dinner. They both start close to 6:00. The shows might start 15 minutes later. But there is a difference in what you may wear to the shows or dinner. I have been to the shows in shorts before, but never dinner.

So not having to get ready as much would give you a little more time.

As I said, we are usually early dinner eaters so we always go for early seating. But I don't mind late seating at all. There's always lots of food to keep us over until dinner!

I also love Jess' maximizing our eating hours idea.:lol:

PolynesianPrincess

I'm definitely thinking about doing this and I'm trying to convince my sis to join in, too (she doesnt post very often on here) I've never done a cruise before but it sound super fun! :)

PartOfYourWorld

Sure her username is: LuvsTheMouse (she hasn't posted much)

I prefer Jess so I can be Jess2 since Plaz10 is also Jess haha :)

We are so excited to be going on our first cruise and to share it with all you ladies!!! :) Can't believe I'll be 24 by the time this comes around! Scary thought!

Also, as for dinner seating we would love to be linked to everyone else and we have no preference to early or late seating :)

SOOOO EXCITED!!! Anyone have a countdown going yet??? Starting one now!!! :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
It is by stateroom. I don't think you can split up into two seatings if you're in the stateroom, but maybe you could! I've never tried it before. Not many families want to split up. Well most days anyway. :lookaroun:lol:

Now if we get a bunch of people who want early and a bunch who want late we could definitely split into two groups. We could work that out even if it was split between staterooms because we just need a chair for each person. It doesn't matter what their name is.

I always felt like there's not much difference between early and late if you are planning on going to the shows. In other words you have to be back onboard in time for the show or dinner, one of the two.

The shows do start a little later than dinner. They both start close to 6:00. The shows might start 15 minutes later. But there is a difference in what you may wear to the shows or dinner. I have been to the shows in shorts before, but never dinner.

So not having to get ready as much would give you a little more time.

As I said, we are usually early dinner eaters so we always go for early seating. But I don't mind late seating at all. There's always lots of food to keep us over until dinner!

I also love Jess' maximizing our eating hours idea.:lol:

Good point! Even if you aren't hurrying off to early dinner there's the show. I don't wanna miss Believe especially since it's the one I missed on our first cruise. Let's see, if the show starts at 6 the show should end by what 7:30-ish? What time is 2nd seating usually? 8? 8:30?

You're right, we never wore our dinner clothes to the theater. Moslty it's because we wanted the boys to be able to rewear without more washing and pressing. LOL!

I'm up for either rotation although I sorta lean towards the 2nd (as stated). Hanging with the group will be a ton of fun either way. I'm hoping to see the inside of the night clubs on the girls cruise. I'm not normally into that sort of thing. I mean, I think I've been in a bar maybe twice in my life. I do want to see them, though, and check 'em out even if we don't stay too long.

Oooooh, do you think if we have a big group we'll be able to score that big awesome VIP-looking table in the middle of Royal Palace???? How do you score that table?!

I'm definitely thinking about doing this and I'm trying to convince my sis to join in, too (she doesnt post very often on here) I've never done a cruise before but it sound super fun! :)

Seriously! This will be a first cruise for a bunch of gals. It's a great introduction! Give it thought and book asap if you think you might do it. I don't want it to get too expensive then be the reason some can't go if they truly want to. You know?

Sure her username is: LuvsTheMouse (she hasn't posted much)

I prefer Jess so I can be Jess2 since Plaz10 is also Jess haha :)

We are so excited to be going on our first cruise and to share it with all you ladies!!! :) Can't believe I'll be 24 by the time this comes around! Scary thought!

Also, as for dinner seating we would love to be linked to everyone else and we have no preference to early or late seating :)

SOOOO EXCITED!!! Anyone have a countdown going yet??? Starting one now!!! :sohappy:

Got ya fixed up as Jess(2)! Also added Mom's username! Isn't it exciting?! I should go look for a ticker and see if my pea-brain can get it linked into one of the reserved boxes on the first page! Good thinkin'!!!!

PartOfYourWorld

Got ya fixed up as Jess(2)! Also added Mom's username! Isn't it exciting?! I should go look for a ticker and see if my pea-brain can get it linked into one of the reserved boxes on the first page! Good thinkin'!!!!

Yes it's soo exciting and I'm excited for all the planning that is to come!! I'm trying to think of a creative name for our group :) I'll let ya know if I come up with something! Already starting to look up tons of things about Disney cruises :)

And thanks :)

Disneyfalcon

Woohoo! Join us!!:sohappy:

Good point! Even if you aren't hurrying off to early dinner there's the show. I don't wanna miss Believe especially since it's the one I missed on our first cruise. Let's see, if the show starts at 6 the show should end by what 7:30-ish? What time is 2nd seating usually? 8? 8:30?

You're right, we never wore our dinner clothes to the theater. Moslty it's because we wanted the boys to be able to rewear without more washing and pressing. LOL!

I'm up for either rotation although I sorta lean towards the 2nd (as stated). Hanging with the group will be a ton of fun either way. I'm hoping to see the inside of the night clubs on the girls cruise. I'm not normally into that sort of thing. I mean, I think I've been in a bar maybe twice in my life. I do want to see them, though, and check 'em out even if we don't stay too long.

Oooooh, do you think if we have a big group we'll be able to score that big awesome VIP-looking table in the middle of Royal Palace???? How do you score that table?!

The shows are all one hour. So if they start at 6:15 (which I think is the current time, Disney tinkers with it a lot) they're done at 7:15. Second seating isn't until 8:30 (first seating is currently at 6), so there's plenty of time to change in between.

I would love to sit at that giant table! I've only been at the big table at lunch even though we're usually in a giant group. I'll have to look into that. We will definitely have enough people for the private room at Palo if anyone wants!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
North Jersey! I'm from Bergen County

We're practically neighbors!! :lol:

:sohappy: Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you!!!

Because it can't be said enough: Woo-hoo!!!

I don't think we did! Right now I'm linking all the rooms, assuming we want to eat together. I figured we could all decide on a seating together.

If anyone wants to eat alone, of course they can!

So far it seems like a few people really want late seating and no one else cares too much.

I've been booking us all together in early seating just in case! It's easy to switch to late, not as easy to switch to early.:)

I agree that it would be great for us all to eat together. Late might be my preference, but I don't feel all that strongly about it.

You should!! I've never been on a Disney cruise before, but by the time this one comes around, it should be my 2nd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom