Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

nepalostparks

I go to work for a few hours and look what happens!

All of the annoucements today are great news. Sure, there are some details and decisions that we won't all agree with. But one thing is for sure: Disney World is getting a major upgrade with the Fantasyland expansion!

Here's hoping this is just the beginning of the good news, with more details of expansions, refreshing and refurbishing to come to all of the parks.

:sohappy:

mharrington

so is Mickey's toon town faire going to be gone?...no more mickey or minnie house?

I don't really care about their houses so much as just being able to meet them reliably. If Toontown is gone, where can we go to meet them?

Also, with the opening of the new Little Mermaid ride, do you think they should shut down the Little Mermaid ride at the Studios? I do, as two attractions on one movie at two different parks might be a trifle superfluous, don't you think?

WDW Vacationer

Does anyone have link,not an embeded video box to the announcement?

This is going to be great! This alone puts the MK on top!

It does look like the Dumbo and Pixie Hollow area switched. I think it will be Casey Jr. coaster! This is really great! I love how it has so much vegetation and water! This will have SO much detail.

I want to thank WDI,TDO and Jay. As much as I normally hate him,this is great!:sohappy:

Enchantâmes

I don't really care about their houses so much as just being able to meet them reliably. If Toontown is gone, where can we go to meet them?

Also, with the opening of the new Little Mermaid ride, do you think they should shut down the Little Mermaid ride at the Studios? I do, as two attractions on one movie at two different parks might be a trifle superfluous, don't you think?
Not for Finding Nemo or Lion King....

Exprcoofto

Does anyone have link,not an embeded video box to the announcement?

This is going to be great! This alone puts the MK on top!

It does look like the Dumbo and Pixie Hollow area switched. I think it will be Casey Jr. coaster! This is really great! I love how it has so much vegetation and water! This will have SO much detail.

I want to thank WDI,TDO and Jay. As much as I normally hate him,this is great!:sohappy:

If you ever find an embeded video, if you click the logo it normally opens to the video on their website.

_Scar

Jay seems like a very nice guy. Kinda odd since everyone makes him out to be the devil's right hand man.

You can meet Mickey at Epcot 100% along with Donald, Pluto, Minnie, and Goofy.

100% in Camp Minnie-Mickey in DAK.

and it is rumored on MS USA is Mickey's new MaG in MK.

_Scar

Disagree. Still needs one more thrill ticket.:lookaroun

I think we can take the most gorgeous land if the paintings look as nice as the finished project. TAKE THAT PARIS.

I hope Ariel stays in DHS. If anything does happen to DHS, it should happen in Pixar Place and not a location where there is already a popular attraction.

Carebee21

Hmm.... I'm not really sure what to think. It's a much needed makeover for sure, but it seems very girl to me. I'm hoping they add something in there to make it more appealing to boys.

And secondly, call me the pessimist of the group, but I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe this is what they have in mind for the area now, but I can't help but wonder what's going to get cut here or there or cheapened throughout the course of this project. I hope I'm wrong and it looks as nice as the drawings but I really hope they don't start this and do a half a$$ job.

mharrington

You can meet Mickey at Epcot 100% along with Donald, Pluto, Minnie, and Goofy.

100% in Camp Minnie-Mickey in DAK.

and it is rumored on MS USA is Mickey's new MaG in MK.

Maybe you can do that, but how would you know where to look at Epcot? And where did you read that Main Street is where you will find Mickey? And what of Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto?

And secondly, call me the pessimist of the group, but I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe this is what they have in mind for the area now, but I can't help but wonder what's going to get cut here or there or cheapened throughout the course of this project. I hope I'm wrong and it looks as nice as the drawings but I really hope they don't start this and do a half a$$ job.

Well, if the remodel of DCA is any indication, maybe they won't cut very much.

Duckberg

GREAT News

WOW :sohappy: this IS the direction WDW needs to move in!!! Duckberg :wave:
PS have really been TIRED of reading the Harry Potter STRAW MAN threads her @ WDW Magic, So this is TERRIFIC :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Maybe you can do that, but how would you know where to look at Epcot? And where did you read that Main Street is where you will find Mickey? And what of Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto?

You know, a long time ago, before official meet and greets, the characters actually walked around the parks and met people.

Ahhh...those were the days!

EPCOT Explorer

This is incredible. It's huge. I just read through all of the bios and in depth looks and WOW.

Disney is finally listening.:D

To me, the loss of our current toontown is great news! You can't even meet the fab five there anymore anyway. Its a mess and the photos inside Mickey's meet and greet in judge's tent look awful because of the terrible background and lighting. I hope we'll end up with a great place to meet the fab five out of this expansion somewhere at some point! Good riddance Mickey's Toontown Fair!
Exactly! :D I'm thrilled its gonna be gone! :D

I don't know for a fact- but I'm guessing that there will be a place to meet Mickey Mouse, it just won't be in Judge's tent. Disney may do some things that we don't understand, but they aren't stupid. They know that people want to meet Mickey- they will provide someplace for that to happen.
Hopefully, Mickey and the Gang head to MSUSA...That seems plausible.
Ok i have a go, im very dissapointed that nothing has been announced for Epcot :brick:

Yep...:( That's my only complaint. Nothing "officially" new in EPCOT...though we do have Inno and SSE to look at...

mharrington

You know, a long time ago, before official meet and greets, the characters actually walked around the parks and met people.

Ahhh...those were the days!

Met people? Or were bogged down by hordes of people? But maybe people don't like to wait for characters to just randomly walk by when they least expect it.

Anyway, it's shaping up to be a great improvement for Fantasyland! Maybe the Barnstormer coaster, given its proximity to the new Dumbo sub-land, will become themed to Casey Jr.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom