Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

jt04

I wanna know more about Beast's castle! I hope it is a little bigger than its represented in the picture. It looks sooo small. They could do great things over there with it. It also looks like it is up higher on a hill or small mountain. Maybe they will use an alternate perspective and make it look like its high up on a ridge..

Yes it is very much forced perspective. They wouldn't be able to make it like Cindy's castle or it would conflict. It appears to me they might have longer term plans for that area too.

I'm thinking the "peaks" of BatB, LM and Dumbo will all be about the same height and not visible from each other's mini-lands. It was all clear in the blueprint. :lookaroun

kidding :lol:

aladdin2007

:ROFLOL:WOW WOW WOW Im hyperventilating,,,,,,,,,:p:wave:

um i hate to say it but our Mermaid outside design wise looks far superior to what California is getting, its like the one on the dvd sort of.

that artwork is incredible a whole new fantasyland!!! too bad epcot is left out of anything new but MK is in need of this.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I wonder if this is going to a phased construction so that some things will open before others.

The fact they the official tweets mention both 2012 and 2013 makes me think that it will in fact be completed in phases.

Ignohippo

I am a little disapointed about Toon Town fair going. Not that I'm missing it, but I was really hoping that one day it would be replaced by DL's Toon Town.

Exactly. I don't care if they get rid of TTF (however I really like the shop inside the carnival tent) but they need to find a new place for Mickey and Minnie's homes as well as a good place for meet and greets for the fab five. Imagine explaining to a 4-year-old that Mickey's house has been torn down.

I was really hoping, when this announcement would be made, that a new ToonTown would be a surprise to the plans.

I don't know why they'd do a 200 - 500 million dollar project only to have a lot of families disappointed because they didn't spend another $10 million on a place for Mickey and the gang.

CastleBound

I wanna know more about Beast's castle! I hope it is a little bigger than its represented in the picture. It looks sooo small. They could do great things over there with it. It also looks like it is up higher on a hill or small mountain. Maybe they will use an alternate perspective and make it look like its high up on a ridge..

OK well the press release says its going to be the restaurant.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Exactly. I don't care if they get rid of TTF (however I really like the shop inside the carnival tent) but they need to find a new place for Mickey and Minnie's homes as well as a good place for meet and greets for the fab five. Imagine explaining to a 4-year-old that Mickey's house has been torn down.

I was really hoping, when this announcement would be made, that a new ToonTown would be a surprise to the plans.

I don't know why they'd do a 200 - 500 million dollar project only to have a lot of families disappointed because they didn't spend another $10 million on a place for Mickey and the gang.

I don't know for a fact- but I'm guessing that there will be a place to meet Mickey Mouse, it just won't be in Judge's tent. Disney may do some things that we don't understand, but they aren't stupid. They know that people want to meet Mickey- they will provide someplace for that to happen.

JediMasterMatt

Don't be surprised if there is a new MAIN location to meet the Fab Four in the near future in the Magic Kingdom.

At least that was what the rumors point towards.

Studios Fan

The Tinkerbell area looks pretty huge. Is it possible there might be something more than a meet and greet and they are just "phasing" the announcements?

jt04

OK well the press release says its going to be the restaurant.

It will be much more than that. We are getting the Paris concept! Animatronics and in three dining areas. It IS an attraction. And it doesn't rule out a dark ride in the future. 50th?.

That anyone could find anything negative about this.........:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom