Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

Ignohippo

Wait a second! The tents for Dumbo's ride (according to the illustration) are south of the Barnstormer in the area behind SM and Autopia! It's possible something very different could be happening back where TTF is now!!!!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Wait a second! The tents for Dumbo's ride (according to the illustration) are south of the Barnstormer in the area behind SM and Autopia! It's possible something very different could be happening back where TTF is now!!!!

It appears that the fairies and winnie the pooh are going in the area where hall of fame and judges tent are now.

CastleBound

It will be much more than that. We are getting the Paris concept! Animatronics and in three dining areas. It IS an attraction. And it doesn't rule out a dark ride in the future. 50th?.

That anyone could find anything negative about this.........:zipit:

Didn't mean to belittle it by saying it was a restaurant, cause I think thats awesome! MK needs some really good restaurants, especially interactive ones!

hoke2007

It doesn't look like that at all. It looks like its right next to or on top of the Barnstormer.

tirian

FINALLY,
after all the discussions on the board, all the tests that have been taking place in Fantasyland, all the rumors that have been swirling around, it's confirmed.

It's about time.

muteki

Yeah I am trying to place dumbo on the map and i can't really tell what the area is that it is supposed to be in (from the plans), or if it is over south of barnstormer.

There are so many small details that are a 100% match to the plans (like the walls, bridges, other architecture) that it surprises me that something this big has moved so much.

bgraham34

To me, the loss of our current toontown is great news! You can't even meet the fab five there anymore anyway. Its a mess and the photos inside Mickey's meet and greet in judge's tent look awful because of the terrible background and lighting. I hope we'll end up with a great place to meet the fab five out of this expansion somewhere at some point! :sohappy: Good riddance Mickey's Toontown Fair!

After two trips this year I do have to agree with you.

marsrunner

The FL concept art sure does look beautiful. I wish it was more than one new ride, as the meet and greets are not my family's cup of tea, but it will definitely increase capacity and be more aesthetically pleasing, which benefits everyone. Hopefully the BatB restaurant will be a great show as well.
Very glad that Star Tours is confirmed, as that attraction is in dire need of some plussing.
Definitely exciting news and glad to hear that things are finally happening in FL.

The Empress Lilly

I am overwhelmed and underwhelmed.

- I love princesses, and am very excited they have a themed area.
- The LM ride looks beautiful. Very excited about it.
- In fact, I think the entire area looks very pretty.

- Four Meet and Greet areas? Blegh. I want rides and attractions, not 'celebrity spotting'.
- I thoroughly dislike circusses. Please no clowns in the MK...

fireworkz

The fact they the official tweets mention both 2012 and 2013 makes me think that it will in fact be completed in phases.

I would say the phases will most likely be decided by how soon they want to close ToonTown Fair. For capacity reasons most likely I would say it would be kept open as long as possible while most of the Enchanted Forest area is built and opened. It could also go the other way, close ToonTown first and build the new Dumbo while they keep the original Dumbo ride site operating. Then open/close the new and original Dumbos within a few days of each other so the original can be torn down and the castle courtyard/Enchanted Forest can be built.

Hard to say which way it will happen... ToonTown wouldn't take too long to demo, but the Forest area is already a clean slate.

Anyone notice the Dueling Dumbos in the concept art looks to be moved next to the Barnstormer rather than on the Judge's Tent/Mickey House site as shown in the Leaked Blueprint? Looks like Fairy Hollow is now taking that space. (oops in the time to type this a bunch of ppl already noticed)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I would say the phases will most likely be decided by how soon they want to close ToonTown Fair. For capacity reasons most likely I would say it would be kept open as long as possible while most of the Enchanted Forest area is built and opened. It could also go the other way, close ToonTown first and build the new Dumbo while they keep the original Dumbo ride site operating. Then open/close the new and original Dumbos within a few days of each other so the original can be torn down and the castle courtyard/Enchanted Forest can be built.

Hard to say which way it will happen... ToonTown wouldn't take too long to demo, but the Forest area is already a clean slate.

Anyone notice the Dueling Dumbos in the concept art looks to be moved next to the Barnstormer rather than on the Judge's Tent/Mickey House site as shown in the Leaked Blueprint? Looks like Fairy Hollow is now taking that space.

I doubt we'd see toontown close first. Once we see a new meet and greet location for Mickey pop up somewhere in the park then we'll know closure of toontown will be imminent. I would venture to guess that the new pixie hollow will be the last area to open, keeping the current princess meet and greet and Mickey meet and greet open for as long as possible.

vonpluto

I guess it's okay to post the FL plans now, if not please dump this and my apologies.

Here's a colored in version I've been playing with. I've sliced Dumbo and moved it to where shown on the concept art. I downsized it to fit, so nts(not to scale)

For the most part, these plans are spot on.

The movement of Dumbo does seem to leave a blank spot.
I guess we need jt to begin speculating.:)

This is great news.
Walt must be smiling from ear to ear, and Roy is calling Giannini at BOA.:lol:

fantasyland_plans2.jpg

happykid25

I thought someone had posted a rumor within the last month or so about a fairy dark ride and I wonder if they flipped Dumbo and the pixies so that there could be room in the future for such a ride. In the blueprint plans, Pixie Hollow was landlocked, now that it is on the edge of the park, that rumor could have potential.

I'm trying to figure out how they have two Dumbo spinners fit between the barnstormer and the teacups on the blueprint plans as that is what is pictured in the artwork. Also, this picture which was posted on twitter, http://twitpic.com/hgx5b seems to "fit" the blueprint Dumbo better than the artist rendering of FL.

I want them to break ground tomorrow - anyone think that will happen! :lol:

In reality, I don't see anything happening until after the TL walls are down and the holidays. Though, maybe they could start site work in the already backstage areas. One could hope!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom