Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This appears to be a total remake and overlay of the current FL. The next question is how long will this type of project take and will it be done all at once (basically shut down everything except the entrances to attractions) or will it be phased.

If this ends up anything like the concept art, this is going to be huge and is a huge answer to Uni's Harrypotterville.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
OMG. Finally, waiting for Dumbo would be worthwhile. Imagine that! :lookaroun:lol:

And I hope ToonTown moves beyond the train tracks. Heck, it's the only true place for the Fab Five! :(

To me, the loss of our current toontown is great news! You can't even meet the fab five there anymore anyway. Its a mess and the photos inside Mickey's meet and greet in judge's tent look awful because of the terrible background and lighting. I hope we'll end up with a great place to meet the fab five out of this expansion somewhere at some point! :sohappy: Good riddance Mickey's Toontown Fair!

jt04

To me, the loss of our current toontown is great news! You can't even meet the fab five there anymore anyway. Its a mess and the photos inside Mickey's meet and greet in judge's tent look awful because of the terrible background and lighting. I hope we'll end up with a great place to meet the fab five out of this expansion somewhere at some point! :sohappy: Good riddance Mickey's Toontown Fair!

Amen!

EPCOTPluto

I hope we'll end up with a great place to meet the fab five out of this expansion somewhere at some point! :sohappy:
Good riddance Mickey's Toontown Fair!
Well, true in crowd conditions and the tackiness of some of the props.

Here's to an improved ToonTown (oh, and keep Mickey's backyard. :lookaroun)

:king:

CastleBound

I wanna know more about Beast's castle! I hope it is a little bigger than its represented in the picture. It looks sooo small. They could do great things over there with it. It also looks like it is up higher on a hill or small mountain. Maybe they will use an alternate perspective and make it look like its high up on a ridge..

sanctumsolitude

Will this in someway be different to the "carnival" at AK that currently has a multipage post expressing horror at a carny attrcation in a Disney Park?

I see a huge difference between the two. Dumbo was based around a circus so a circus theme makes complete sense. Also, there will be no off-the-shelf rides (classic Dumbo notwithstanding) that are forced in. Tie-ins to the movie appear to be everywhere (including Casey Jr!).

hoke2007

I wanna know more about Beast's castle! I hope it is a little bigger than its represented in the picture. It looks sooo small. They could do great things over there with it. It also looks like it is up higher on a hill or small mountain. Maybe they will use an alternate perspective and make it look like its high up on a ridge..

I really hope there is a nice surprise underneath that mountain.

imagineer boy

Did anyone else notice in the concept art that the tea cups look like DLP's cool looking canopy? I hope that makes it to the final cut.

I am a little disapointed about Toon Town fair going. Not that I'm missing it, but I was really hoping that one day it would be replaced by DL's Toon Town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom