Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

PoutyFace

I believe you can see Aurora's cottage between the blue and gold spires, north of the Pooh area

Edited to add picture
35mecrl.jpg

MousDad

You know who the real hero is in all this, right? (no, no, it's not jt04)

DLP MAGIC, BABY!!!

Do we have some kind of posthumous award we can give him/her.

Ignohippo

Whoever said Pixie Hollow was going to be where TTF is now with a tree for the meet and greet is exactly right according to the Orlando Attractions write-up. Great eye!

_Scar

I like how JT was confident that D23 would not disappoint. Good for JT! Look at us all now, we're practically virtually wetting our pants.

dvitali

Great concept but I wonder about where we will see exisiting rides might go. I cannot grasp where Mickey Philharmagic,or Peter Pan might move to

docnabox

fantasylandrailroad.jpg

^Fantasyland Railroad Station

I noticed that the blueprints don't really match the concept art. The same attractions are included, but the order of Dumbo, the BarnStormer, and Pixie Hollow is a bit messed up. :shrug:

HI all: I saw where someone commented about the train station possibly being another cottage. This image has some resemblance to the Snow White cottage as I recall from seeing the movie and from my WDCC collection. Since it is adjacent to the coaster which had been rumored to get a dwarves theme, maybe that is a possibility?

Exprcoofto

Isn't the facade of Winnie the Pooh changing with more of a tree theme to match it's M&G? Especially since it's outside of the Castle Wall which will be containing the ugly Medieval Faire theme. Would Winnie the Pooh have to close while the queue is redone?

Testtrack321

1. No.
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes

:)

Well, Dumbo is going to close! lol

I think all the Princess M&G are to replace all the M&G they are closing in Toon Town. At least they are well themed and not tents! And thank god the Pixies are a Phase 2 addition, lets hope that gets canceled or morphed into a dark ride...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, Dumbo is going to close! lol

I think all the Princess M&G are to replace all the M&G they are closing in Toon Town. At least they are well themed and not tents! And thank god the Pixies are a Phase 2 addition, lets hope that gets canceled or morphed into a dark ride...

Not sure how that is going to be done yet. It may be staggered, so the new area is constructed while the current Dumbo remains in operation.

WDI have been talking baout nothing being closed, so we'll see.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So why exactly are they moving Dumbo? What's the reasoning behind that? I kinda liked it where it was...

Dumbo in it's current spot has very low capacity, no queue area, and causes a traffic bottle neck. It's going to be so much better in a new area.

muteki

So why exactly are they moving Dumbo? What's the reasoning behind that? I kinda liked it where it was...

I don't know why they moved it, but I like that it is closer to the barnstormer, hopefully they will integrate the both together well.

My only fear is a big yellow tent being in view from tomorrowland, but anything they put there will be, so whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom