Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

fireworkz

fantasyland_plans2.jpg

The blank space certainly looks like the new location of Pixie Hollow - my guess it you could move Dumbo a bit to the North West, and made larger overlapping the pathway that's there now. The path would now run through where you have Pixie Hollow in a more straight line from the Tea Cups.

Just had bad thought about the Tea Cup roof... anyone else hope there isn't a Tim Burton retheming coming? Hopefully it's just DLP's roof only.

Ignohippo

I guess it's okay to post the FL plans now, if not please dump this and my apologies.

Here's a colored in version I've been playing with. I've sliced Dumbo and moved it to where shown on the concept art. I downsized it to fit, so nts(not to scale)

For the most part, these plans are spot on.

The movement of Dumbo does seem to leave a blank spot.
I guess we need jt to begin speculating.:)

This is great news.
Walt must be smiling from ear to ear, and Roy is calling Giannini at BOA.:lol:

Vonpluto: I think your rendering is right on except I'm thinking the Dumbo area may be just to the north of where you have it (and larger) – basically in the walkway of your rendering - and Pixie Hollow is moved up.

Note: Fireworkz posted while I did and is saying the exact same thing!

I'm also wondering if Mickey and Minnie's houses are staying but the area will have a much softer look in order to flow with the rest of FL and Pixie Hollow to the south.

tirian

wow!
this definitely doesn't look like a budget cut version as what I thought was going to happen
:sohappy::sohappy:

The only cut seems to be an additional, small dark ride. Who cares? ;) :wave: The good stuff—the BIG stuff—has remained. Between this and the renovations (or should I say "renoVENTIONS?) coming to Epcot, WDW will once again look like the company flagship Walt wanted it to be (even if it's not a city).

juan

The best thing about this is that it is an expansion rather than replacement. This means very few things will be shutting down (except Dumbo and toontown) and it will have so many new opportunities when it opens.

nemofinder22

Its really like Christmas! haha Im really happy that ToonTown Faire is going away, it was such a embarrassing part of MK.

Not sure if Im to excited for all the princess stuff but Dumbo has won me over!

Exprcoofto

Posting this from the other thread. Looking for other opinions.

--------

The blue print contradicts what the overview is showing. The blue print shows two Dumbo spinners up top near the Train Station.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/images/Disney/mk_fantasyland_overall_screen.jpg

The overview shows two Dumbo spinners by a re-themed Goofy Barnstormer and a much larger Pixie Hollow with the huge tree. I'm thinking more then a Meet & Greet will be found in that massive Pixie Hollow. A show? 3D perhaps? A boat ride? Movie walk thru? Who knows.

tirian

I am overwhelmed and underwhelmed.

- I love princesses, and am very excited they have a themed area.
- The LM ride looks beautiful. Very excited about it.
- In fact, I think the entire area looks very pretty.

- Four Meet and Greet areas? Blegh. I want rides and attractions, not 'celebrity spotting'.
- I thoroughly dislike circusses. Please no clowns in the MK...

Understandable, but this will be far superior to the current princess setup in a dry-rotting tent.

The primary concern, as many of us discussed for the last two years, is that the MK is not big enough to hold its current Guest levels, and we're in the middle of a recession. Everyone knows Fantasyland is the worst bottleneck of the entire park.

This expansion solved the MK's three biggest problems right now: table-service dining, a big E-ticket, and Fantasyland crowding. The rest of the park will continue to be refurbed.

juan

People are worrying about Dumbo not fitting in the space between the Barnstormer and Indy raceway. It won't if you use the current Toontown pathways, but if you push the pathway into that area into Pete's Garage and Pooh Playground, there will be plenty of room to place Dumbo partially on top of the current paths.

toolsnspools

This is incredible news. I'd have to go with the blueprints before the concept are on this one. They have the Dumbo/Circus area back where the Toontown Circus tents are now, so there is a chance they could be doing some re-use on the tents, and putting the new double Dumbo's behind the existing tents.

Expo_Seeker40

Great to see Fantasyland get the TLC is deserves.

Only one thing irkes me...and it never proposed at all but still irkes me...

No new Mr. Toad 2.0 :cry:

_Scar

ariel2.jpg

So, this FOR SURE is Ariel. Looks the most beautiful to me with the bright blue water. Looks like a pristine photo op. Wonder if our ride is on DCA's scale?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
belle4.jpg

Confirmed BatB area! I bet that castle is going to be much much much bigger. The three rooms though? HMMM? Any ideas here? Looks like Belle's house in the lower left, and it also looks like Belle is getting more land than Ariel (or so it seems).
~~~~~~~~~~~~
castle1.jpg

I can't tell if this is Cinderella's house (makes sense movie-wise that it would be), but the little mini roof (sorry, don't know my castle terms) looks like what Sleeping Beauty's castle has. I'd also imagine Aurora would be in a cottage somewhere. She celebrated her birthday in her cottage, so.... any ideas here? So, I'm about 80% sure this is Cinderella's house where we'd also meet Tremain and the step sisters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
cottage3.jpg

EDIT- Gaston's area. BatB is getting a ton of space! That's a great thing though!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
dumbo5.jpg

DUMBO for sure!! Looks like a (quality) circus. It also looks like they took over the Barnstormer!! I'd imagine this will now be home to a Casey JR. Train roller coaster. Anyone else notice the figure on the castle?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
field5.jpg

Looks like 100% sure Pixie Hollow meet and greets in the large tree with glowing yellow. I'd imagine it will be a lot similar to DL's, but a much larger scale. The right is what I'm unsure about... giant pink roses? Looks much like Alice territory... but things are much larger to Tink, so not quite sure. Cottage in upper right of the pic looks like the train station. It could be a princess cottage too, but there must be a train station somewhere here and I'm willing to bet that is it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
newroof6.jpg

New roof for teacups? Notice the vines to the left of it, too... hmmm
~~~~~~~~~~~~
pooh7.jpg

Pooh's Playful Spot just got much more scenery! It looks awesome! Autumn year round in the Hundred Acre Woods is something I wouldn't mind... Pooh has much pull on families and boys (at least younger boys) will now for sure be getting something out of this expansion! Be happy! Do you think this Pooh will be the old Pooh with Cristopher Robin, or the new Pooh with super hero costumes and the girl (also Heffalump).
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misc. questions I have:

Will TIS be getting changed at all? Let's push for electric! Sucks you have to hear glorifed gokarts while fling over Fantasyland.

What is the figure on the castle?

Why Pooh, but no Pinocchio or Aladdin? One is classic Disney and the other is a neglected princess.

Will our Ariel's Adventure debut the same time as DCA's in 2011?

Will villains be in our Fantasyland?

What happens to old Fantasyland? Are our carnival tents gone now, or is Dumbo now claiming them to be part of the circus? :zipit:

Do you think we can finally have the best Magic Kingdom on the planet after this? :cool: I think we can.

Exprcoofto

~~~~~~~~~~~~
cottage3.jpg

Stumped on this one. Is it Snow White? Is it Aurora's cottage? Is it Pinocchio (lol). I'd imagine Sleeping Beauty just because Snow White should be by here own ride (don't quote me on that!). 45% sure Sleeping Beauty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats an area by a place called "Gaston's Tavern". (orange roofed building) It's on the blue prints, maybe a quick service food place. Red roofed building in the back is restrooms according to the blue prints.

Here is some concept art of that area:

http://twitpic.com/hgwqm/full

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom