Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

RandySavage

Isn't the facade of Winnie the Pooh changing with more of a tree theme to match it's M&G? Especially since it's outside of the Castle Wall which will be containing the ugly Medieval Faire theme. Would Winnie the Pooh have to close while the queue is redone?

Both the leaked blueprints and concept art show a fairly elaborate 100-Acre Wood queue for this ride. It would almost certainly have to close for such an installation... maybe 6-12 weeks?

It would really add to the atmosphere of the ride, so I hope they carry through with it, although I can imagine this being the 2nd thing axed if budgets are squeezed (the first being DLP style roof for Teacups).

I

EPCOTPluto

First of all, great review of many areas of the new Fanasyland! :D

To answer your questions now, Scar...

Will TIS be getting changed at all? Let's push for electric! Sucks you have to hear glorifed gokarts while fling over Fantasyland.
Yes! Electric power would definately fit the Tomorrowland theme as well. :lookaroun:D

What is the figure on the castle?.
What figure on which castle?:shrug:

Why Pooh, but no Pinocchio or Aladdin? One is classic Disney and the other is a neglected princess.
Jasmine is in Adventureland for one thing. But I agree with Pinocchio. WDW is the only Disney resort in which there's no Pinoke dark ride.

Will our Ariel's Adventure debut the same time as DCA's in 2011?.
I theorize DCA's will debut before us, since they already began construction on their version.

And I hope they don't rush the work on ours. Time is key to a great attraction.

Will villains be in our Fantasyland?.
I would imagine Gaston, Lady Tremaine & her daugters & Maleficent may appear, since their nemesis heroines' have M&Gs.

What happens to old Fantasyland? Are our carnival tents gone now, or is Dumbo now claiming them to be part of the circus? :zipit:.
Interesting thought. I think they may keep the carnival look, since it can easily transition into the new areas near Dumbo...

Do you think we can finally have the best Magic Kingdom on the planet after this? :cool: I think we can.
Well, we're like #2 or #3 on the best parks in the USA, so it could bump up one. I would love it more. :cool:

Exprcoofto

Has anyone seen the presentation video? (for Fantasyland)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08W5Os-Wnj0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08W5Os-Wnj0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Those are pretty elaborate Meet and Greets. I might actually have to do those one or twice. :eek:

juan

So seeing the recent large exterior refurbishments in Fantasyland, is the current theming of the rides left of the carousel going to stay since they will remain within the new castle walls?

Here's a wild idea: On the dueling Dumbos, have shooters that riders shoot targets on the other cars. Each hit causes the ride to move up and down and it fits in with the carnival theme.

_Scar

dumbo9.jpg

That's a flag? Looks like something pointing to me...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So seeing the recent large exterior refurbishments in Fantasyland, is the current theming of the rides left of the carousel going to stay since they will remain within the new castle walls?

Yep thats it.

_Scar

Funny how 1 spinner is gigantic and the other is the one we have now. I wonder what is happening to Aladdin's spinner?

Enchantâmes

Has anyone seen the presentation video? (for Fantasyland)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08W5Os-Wnj0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08W5Os-Wnj0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Those are pretty elaborate Meet and Greets. I might actually have to do those one or twice. :eek:
Oh my GOD! This is the best thing to happen to WDW is ages!

the-reason14

This all sounds exciting! However it seems that the finished FL still wont be as good as the one in DL. With them moving Dumbo(which I didnt know at first)why cant they also add the casey jr. trains? The only problem I guess its that its an old ride that probably should have been in FL at the MK from teh beginning. Also, with all the stuff they're adding including the ariel ride, it seems like fantasyland could be renamed to Princess and fairy land.

I guess time will tell.

Enchantâmes

This all sounds exciting! However it seems that the finished FL still wont be as good as the one in DL. With them moving Dumbo(which I didnt know at first)why cant they also add the casey jr. trains? The only problem I guess its that its an old ride that probably should have been in FL at the MK from teh beginning. Also, with all the stuff they're adding including the ariel ride, it seems like fantasyland could be renamed to Princess and fairy land.

I guess time will tell.
What are you talking about? This makes DLR's Fantasyland look like crap!

Disneyson 1

WOW! Aurora seems fun with the whole birthday idea! But isn't one of the "gifts" her dress, or is this a "celebratory" party for her birthday when she got pricked by the spindle? I wonder if her dress changes color... and that whole fairy thing, are they AAs or what? Cindy looks really fun, but all signs say that she'll be pre-princess when her dress changes and after princess when preparing for the ball. How will THAT fit with the story of the castle????? I mean it's on the wall in murals!! Belle seems more thought out, she's a princess and the kids help her act her story out in the castle. But if the only way to get to the castle is through mirror, how will people get to the restaurant? The woods? And the newly released concept art for TLM seems like it's completely different than the DLP version (it follows the storyline), seeing that Ursula's still alive when "Kiss the Girl" goes on.

So many time paradoxes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom