EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

Figment82

In 1994, there was an Epcot Happy Meal

P1110223.jpg

Oh my gosh! I totally have some of those toys. I know I have at least Pluto and Daisy.

Epcot was so awesome and mainstream culture back then. :)

Figments Friend

Original Poster

P1110223.jpg

Ooooo.....collect em' all , kids!!

Actually, i did try! I have most of these figures, and i know i have several of the Happy Meal boxes preserved. I enjoyed the boxes just as much as the toys...i'm a freak like that.

The art on the boxes was cool, as the panels were set up on each side of the box to recreate a different area in World Showcase. So if you had enough boxes, and the various versions, you could set them up and have your very own mini-WS!

Pretty sweet!

Joevn

DY10.jpg

Oh yeah, I saved the boxes, too! :)

There was also another version of Dale made representing Canada. I can't find a picture of it, but he was dressed as a mountie.

I collected Disney Happy Meal toys when I was a kid (and actually way past that...:) ) but I especially loved the promotions related to the parks.

Figment82

I pride myself on collecting all 100 characters that were released for Walt's 100th birthday. I also have the full Animal Kingdom set, my favorite (of course) being the dragon.

I had considered trying to get the full 101 Dalmatians set when it was released, but wised up. :)

Jekyll_Baker

I have some of those toys too.

Personally, the Disneyland 50th Anniversary McDonald's toys were cooler.

Yeah I have 2 complete sets of the 50th Anniv toys (1 set still in packaging), plus several extras. The lensticular cards are really cool, especially the ones showing pyrotechnics.

NewfieFan

P1110223.jpg

Wow, the things you will learn on WDWmagic! Just recently I was cleaning out some old toys at my parents house (my parents have a few toys kickin' around b/c I have kids now, fyi) and I came across that Donald (#1). I asked mom where we got it as kids b/c I remember all our trips to WDW and what we bought but I didn't remember this Donald at all. So, that's where it came from!!! And now that someone has mentioned the Happy Meal boxes I remember them as well. Now I will sleep tonight knowing where that Donald came from!:sohappy:
(I wish I had all of them!):D

Enigma

Account Suspended
Patience my friend... are you coming to Epcot for the celebration?

My sister wanted to get a retro Epcot Center shirt today but it seemed that the only ones they had are for men. She would probably want that SSE shirt if it was made available again. Do they have a mens version of it too?

DisneyMarg

You may remember Dreamfinder's School of Drama in Imagination. Children were directed to act out situations behind a small wall (with hidden cameras), and then the "movie" was shown above with special effects added. This was also from September, 1994.
s_School_of_Drama.jpg

ldsprincess

Nobody has a picture of the 15th birthday? Well here is a picture of my cousins and myself 20 years ago :D

This was taken in 1987...just wanted to clarify. I'm gonna assume it's the 15th anniversary of WDW going on.

epcot16.jpg
wow...that's a pretty shabby cake compared to what wdw got for it's 25th! lol. but i guess it still looks kinda cool. it must have confused some kids. i know i would have thought it was a huge cake to eat when i was little! haha

ZapperZ

This is sort of "retro". It's from the 2002 Pin Celebration event at Epcot. It is a HUGE super jumbo pin, measuring at least 5-6 inches tall, and 6-7 inches wide. It is in shinny, silvery metal and looks quite impressive.

img8516up9.jpg

I managed to finally acquire this just this past weekend.

Zz.

sweetpee_1993

This is my older brother and me at EPCOT when we were leaving (hence the not-so-happy expressions). I think I was maybe 10 years old which would date this around 1984 sometime.

02-01-2006110539PM.jpg

TOTGuy

I posted this before, but this is from March 1983. That is about 6 months after Epcot opened. Horizons , Morocco and The Land were not open yet. The next time I went to Epcot after that, Horizons was already demolished in 2000.I never got to see it after that.
1203970134_7cef93673b.jpg

Just an FYI the Land was the First attraction to open at Epcot. ;)

Jerm

This is sort of "retro". It's from the 2002 Pin Celebration event at Epcot. It is a HUGE super jumbo pin, measuring at least 5-6 inches tall, and 6-7 inches wide. It is in shinny, silvery metal and looks quite impressive.

img8516up9.jpg

I managed to finally acquire this just this past weekend.

Zz.

That is not a pin. I have that also the SSE witht he wand is a display area for pins. The Figment and Walt is a pin, but the rest is really just a stand for pins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom