EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
It's too big to show the whole thing, but here are a couple of things from the back page that were fun:

The Coral Reef:

9-19-200745845PM.jpg

And check out the section on the right with the prices!!!

9-19-200745727PM.jpg

TinkerBell9988

Ok, lets see if this works...

My mom and I with Rainbow-Brite Minnie, circa 1991. (note the funny dress I am wearing... :lol: )
scan0025.jpg

My mom and some family friends in front of The Land, circa 1985. (note my all-time favorite strollers! And The Land, Presented by: Kraft)
scan0015d.jpg

My mom and dad at EPCOT Center entrance, circa 1984. (note the tall palms and colorful flowers!)
scan0012d.jpg

CThaddeus

While it's not an old photo, and it's no longer in Epcot, our old friend the sea serpent from World of Motion is still alive and relatively well. Unfortunately, he's been banished to a corner of California Adventure next to the Drawn to the Magic show. He's exposed to the elements, so I suppose it's only a matter of time before we lose him forever. Sigh.
100_0998.jpg

Figment82

While it's not an old photo, and it's no longer in Epcot, our old friend the sea serpent from World of Motion is still alive and relatively well. Unfortunately, he's been banished to a corner of California Adventure next to the Drawn to the Magic show. He's exposed to the elements, so I suppose it's only a matter of time before we lose him forever. Sigh.
100_0998.jpg

HOLY COW! I can not believe I missed seeing him when I was at DCA in 2005. I am definitely making a note to go look for him when I go back in October. He's right near the Animation Building in the Hollywood Backlot area?

Thank you for pointing him out!

CThaddeus

HOLY COW! I can not believe I missed seeing him when I was at DCA in 2005. I am definitely making a note to go look for him when I go back in October. He's right near the Animation Building in the Hollywood Backlot area?

Thank you for pointing him out!

He was added after the remodel that was done to Hollywood Pictures Backlot before Monsters, Inc. opened, so he might not have been there yet.

Figment82

He was added after the remodel that was done to Hollywood Pictures Backlot before Monsters, Inc. opened, so he might not have been there yet.

Ah okay, that would explain it, as Millionaire had recently closed and the building was just sitting there empty. This will give me something to look for when I go in a month.

I have a photo of the hot air balloon from World of Motion that's located in the Backlot Tour's prop room, as well as the chickens that are now residing in Barnstormer - it appears I'm starting a collection of reused props. :)

Jerm

Nope he has been in the park since day 1. He used to be near the restrooms behind the trailers, then when they did the remodel I guess they moved him. I have not seen him in his new place.

J

NewfieFan

Ok, these are pictures of pictures so they're not very good quality but I do not have access to a scanner at the moment.

These three pics are from Oct. 1990
newcamera118.jpg

newcamera120.jpg

newcamera122.jpg

That's me (the girl) I'm eleven years old!

And here's one more...
This is the Donald I found at my parents house from the EPCOT Happy Meal!
newcamera115.jpg

I may post more yet!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
100_0998.jpg

Awww....it looks like the old green "Fujifilm" version of Figment!

Nice shot! I missed him when i was at DCA this past May. I will have to make it a point to visit him next year...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I found pics! I had to dig in an old hope chest - whoo, that thing smells - but I eventually found photos of my trip to Epcot in 1991.

The first photos shall highlight the power of color correction..

Front entrance area, showing my fascination with that fountain from the very beginning.. (I'm the short one)

Vintage/Corrected
epcot91.jpg
epcot91a.jpg

I think most importantly we can see that SSE not only had the box trees, but that they were on the other side of the walkway too. Note also the flowers planted around the mirror column.

More of the entrance plaza..

Vintage/Corrected
epcot91sse1.jpg
epcot91sse1a.jpg

Those wispy little trees made for a nice effect. I also like how the small flower beds have different color flowers in them, yellow in one, orange in the next.

Now, uncorrected photos, cuz they're blurry anyways.. Kitchen Kabaret:

kitchnekab.jpg

And photos from on the ride at the Living Seas.

livesea91.jpg

All photos are from April 1991 (as noted by th "printed on" date on the back of ECKERD's prints.) Apparently when i got my vintage Figment doll.

NewfieFan

Ok, here's a couple more pics.
These are from May 1993.

WARNING - The following photos contain scenes of neon pink. Viewer discretion is advised!
newcamera103.jpg

newcamera105.jpg

newcamera107.jpg

newcamera114.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom