EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

Figment82

See you and your family were so happy to see the characters! Compare your smiling faces with my fear-struck expression. :)

Great photos!

Jekyll_Baker

Could I please see this too?

Certainly, try this
http://savefile.com/projects/808535594

I've put up the scans of all the 80's EPCOT guides that I have, all of them PDF. Hope it works, I've never uploaded to SaveFile before. There's 6 files, with the particular one in question named "EPCOT Center 1982 Wheel Guide."

Unfortunately I never went to WDW during the 90's and I haven't quite figured out a good way to scan the big fold-out maps from my trips in the 2000's into PDFs.

NewfieFan

Ok, I gotta go back to my parents house and dig out some old pics. They have stuff from 1990 & '93 - my dad saves everything so I know he has it and where to find it! I love a good trip down memory lane!:)

SDav10495

From February 1986, here's a shot taken from World of Motion:

678asxs.jpg

And...Rainbow Brite Goofy! (With darling family members of mine who, I assure you, are NOT me. :p)

4v31oxh.jpg

montyz81

I posted this before, but this is from March 1983. That is about 6 months after Epcot opened. Horizons , Morocco and The Land were not open yet. The next time I went to Epcot after that, Horizons was already demolished in 2000.I never got to see it after that.
1203970134_7cef93673b.jpg

Man I need to dig out the books my parents have from Epcot that Disney gave them for selling Night of Joy tickets for 5 years with their store. They are some nice little picture books.

jalpcm

I've posted this awhile ago. This was taken sometime in the early 80's. I was about six years old. My dad actually took the shot.

SDav10495

I posted this before, but this is from March 1983. That is about 6 months after Epcot opened. Horizons , Morocco and The Land were not open yet. The next time I went to Epcot after that, Horizons was already demolished in 2000.I never got to see it after that.

That is a sad story.

PhilharMagician

It is amazing looking at this picture. Where is Innoventions?? All those trees:eek: . The first time I saw Epcot was in 1993 and I will try to dig out the hundred+ pics over the weekend then scan and post.

Great Thread!!

JWG

Anyone have any Horizons and World of Motion photos?
This is a great thread, hopefully we can see some pics of attractions past (even Imagination before the current paint job?).

jeffb

Anyone have any Horizons and World of Motion photos?
This is a great thread, hopefully we can see some pics of attractions past (even Imagination before the current paint job?).

If we can dream it, we can do it!

635020605_6609e400c8_o.jpg

348682650_449f4dd230_b.jpg

Jekyll_Baker

TheBeatles, Marni and Matpez - You're very welcome, and hope you like them. I added one more PDF of a WDW vacation planning brochure from 1983, with SSE as the main image and "Introducing EPCOT Center" on the cover.

Unfortunately, I have no EPCOT photos from that long ago, but I still wanted to contribute to the retro enjoyment. These few guidebooks are all I have from 20-25 years ago (besides my memories). Everyone enjoy!

And I'll see you all in 17 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom