EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Do they have a retro version of this one? It's my favorite:

bro9_-008.jpg
that is what im sporting that day.... the shirt, not the girl. :D

Let`s begin at the beginning....
oh lord... i think we all need a snickers

ZapperZ

That is not a pin. I have that also the SSE witht he wand is a display area for pins. The Figment and Walt is a pin, but the rest is really just a stand for pins.

You're right. I just took it out and realize the thing can stand on its own. Oy!

Zz.

Figment82

1cQ8haLnuzjhOwqM7CSVCG8vY7MG08bq0300.jpg

Here's another one of me being tortured by the characters. I thought this photo was cool though, because it shows the old flagpole where the Epcot logo is now. You can also see the old signage in the background, as well as Communicore before it became salmon pink. I'm guessing the wall around the Fountain is to build the stage? I believe this photo is from 1987.

Figment82

And I just had to post another:

oy5FHMfLD3AFfezz+6NMNGgY7RCxr4Li0300.jpg

Yeah, my parents had a death wish out for me - but check out the background! The old WorldKey kiosk that was located on the bridge between Future World and World Showcase. I also got a kick out of the old trash can. :)

Jerm

I got the chance to visit the really real Disney Studios in Burbank and the archives area has a display of EPCOT 25 stuff including these little beauties..
1402752001_bcc971540d_o.jpg

Tiggerfanatic

You may remember Dreamfinder's School of Drama in Imagination. Children were directed to act out situations behind a small wall (with hidden cameras), and then the "movie" was shown above with special effects added. This was also from September, 1994.
s_School_of_Drama.jpg
I remember doing this on our Fall '95 trip - we looked really stupid but had a lot of fun!! And, is it hyst me, or did there seem to be more to do in Innoventions then than there is now??!!??

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wonderful photos!

You folks were lucky meeting the characters in EPCOT. Back then when i went to Disney, i rarely, if ever, saw any characters. I DID meet Spacesuit Donald inside Communicore once....and that was a true one-off!

Keep the pictures coming...there is some fantastic stuff here in this thread.

To SillySpook---- When you were at the Studios in Burbank, did you happen to photograph any of the Figment related stuff they had on display?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I'm sure alot of people have an old park map, but I haven't seen too many pictures yet, so I scanned a few. The oldest map I could find is from 1985.

Notice how it says the Living Seas is "Opening January 1986"

9-19-200740916PM.jpg

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Plus I found some old newspapers called Walt Disney World News, and one is a special edition for the Living Seas. It's dated January 17-30 1986.

9-19-200745557PM.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom