EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

jeffb

Future World West

316166530_37659e7a02_b.jpg

Steve-B

AHA! I finally found those photos!

Myself and Mrs. B on our first trip to WDW in 1986:
Steve_Kathy_Epcot_1986.jpg

and this is the whole family at the (almost) same spot in 2000:

Vacation_portrait_2000_-_Epcot_a_b.jpg

Yes, everybody had a pack (I still use mine :D). We went in 2003 and in 2005, but for some reason, didn't take pictures in the same place (which was my original intent). I could kick myself.

EDIT: I just realized that no one else has posted here for over a week - oh, well :eek: .

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow...looking at those two pictures above really brings to focus how much CLUTTER there is now in the Plaza.

Note the open spaces, and total harmony in the 86' shot of the Fountain Of Nations....now compare that to the background jumble of the 00' shot.

Wow....

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
^^OMG, you're right!! And who would notice, but the crew on this forum! :p

p.s.--don'tcha love the 1986 tube socks??? :ROFLOL:

(edit: Steve-B, I'm not making fun of you, I got married in '86, and the DJ at my wedding made fun of my brother for wearing tube socks with a suit!!)

Steve-B

Wow...looking at those two pictures above really brings to focus how much CLUTTER there is now in the Plaza.
Note the open spaces, and total harmony in the 86' shot of the Fountain Of Nations....now compare that to the background jumble of the 00' shot.
I hadn't paid that much attention to the clutter before. I really planned to take pictures every year we went back at the same location as the 1986 pic, but they had to go and put a stage there.

p.s.--don'tcha love the 1986 tube socks???
The socks actually color-coordinated with the "Gallagher" shirts we wore that day. My daughters still rib me about the "Daisy Dukes" I used to wear. I still embarass them when I strap on my pack.
BTW- this was our First Anniversary vacation.

SirNim

Wow....
Which version, pray tell, is more futuristic?? :lookaroun :D

Disregarding the clothing in each of the two pics, which scene looks more dated, old-fashioned and yucky?
;) ;)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
See, with me, the Wonders of Life Pavillion always left me cold. This is probably because there was not a lot in there that really interested me.

It tooks years before i brought myself to ride "Body Wars" but of course once i DID, i loved it. "Cranium Command" was wonderful fun...the best attraction in there...but it felt very dated due to the use of 90's celebrities. Disney does best when they DON'T use these tactics in rides/films i think. I mean...look at UoE now ( film wise...the Diorama will always rock!).

I totally respect the Pavillion from a fan perspective, as i know many enjoyed it a LOT...but i never had a personal attachment to it or any of the attractions.

JII or World of Motion on the other hand.....LOL.....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
See, with me, the Wonders of Life Pavillion always left me cold. This is probably because there was not a lot in there that really interested me a lot.

It tooks years before i brought myself to ride "Body Wars" but of course once i DID, i loved it. "Cranium Command" was wonderful fun...the best attraction in there...but it felt very dated due to the use of 90's celebrities. Disney does best when they DON'T use these tactics in rides/films i think. I mean...look at UoE now ( film wise...the Diorama will always rock!).

I totally respect the Pavillion from a fan perspective, as i know many enjoyed it a LOT...but i never had a personal attachment to it or any of the attractions.

JII or World of Motion on the other hand.....LOL.....

I agree for the most part. Body Wars is mostly a re-themed Star Tours to me and I always preferred Star Tours.

I also enjoyed Cranium Command but it definitely has more to do with the 80's and 90's than now.

The one thing I do like is just how beautiful the interior is, very bright and open spaces.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I hear ya Chris...

I REALLY like the Pavillion building itself...it has a unique atmosphere like all the best EPCOT Pavillions do/did. It is a shame that they will be demolishing it next year. Such a pity as it could have been gutted and new attractions and a new re-theming would have been a plus to the area i think. Just leveling the place is sad. Hopefully it won't be as depressing as the great tragety on-stage the Horizons building became...:cry:

"Body Wars" was cool.....but i also preferred Star Tours. It was not nessesarily the familar characters, it was more the onboard lighting effects and AA pilot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom